Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opposition players getting “injured” 19:24 - Feb 13 with 2801 viewsExiled2Surrey

Interested in thoughts

There has been more than one instance this year when we were well on top, when an opposition player goes down, there is five to ten minutes of faffing around, the injured player gets up hobbles off, and then comes back on and sprints around as if they have just got on - meantime our momentum is completely gone.

It happened on Saturday immediately after the Connor Chaplin header from the corner on 60 minutes - I have just listened to the Wednesday commentary and even they were saying that he went down tactically so the team could regroup. Arguably that was a bigger factor than our subs in disrupting our flow.

So why didn’t we do that at 1-0 down? I don’t think I have ever seen a town player do that (certainly not in recent seasons)

Opposition players getting “injured” on 14:50 - Feb 14 with 275 viewsDeano69

And (as I recall) the ball was given back to the GK who then took 20 seconds to kick the ball by which time the player had already been waved back on to the pitch.

The GK needing 'treatment' is another classic, as they are not required to leave the pitch after treatment.

Anyone writhing around on the floor, holding their head or refusing to get up almost immediately should be made to have a phsyio come on the pitch, treated and then made to exit the field of play until told to return. Might stop some of the time spent on this.

Or is it that Physios are just the best medical practitioners? Miracles performed every week

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Opposition players getting “injured” on 15:03 - Feb 14 with 257 viewsgramps

Opposition players getting “injured” on 08:48 - Feb 14 by LegendofthePhoenix

That still allows teams to stop the momentum in a game with no penalty, so it wouldn't stop fake injuries. If there is a bad foul, then there is a sanction for that!

If a player is actually injured by a foul and has to go off for treatment, then the player who fouled him should also have to go off until the player comes back on or a sub replaces him. If the player can't return and all their subs have been used and they would be a man down, then the fouler should have to stay off for the rest of the match!

GRAMPS

Opposition players getting “injured” on 17:17 - Feb 14 with 174 viewsExiled2Surrey

Opposition players getting “injured” on 15:03 - Feb 14 by gramps

If a player is actually injured by a foul and has to go off for treatment, then the player who fouled him should also have to go off until the player comes back on or a sub replaces him. If the player can't return and all their subs have been used and they would be a man down, then the fouler should have to stay off for the rest of the match!

I do like that one - although I suspect that the first thing that will happen is that one of their low value players will run up to Christian Walton, simulate being knocked down, and have our goalie sitting on the sideline while they run riot. Accrington would have a field day
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024