Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven 14:32 - Feb 13 with 1057 viewsWestcountryblue

The next 5 games represent an amazing opportunity to get our season back on track and into the automatic promotion spots again. However, there have been some real questionable decisions from McKenna in recent games.

The first is about Hurst. For me, Hurst hasn't done enough. He is yet to score this season in league football and if you're a non prolific striker, then you need to be absolutely outstanding in other areas of your game...e.g back to goal, running the channels, physical presence, bringing others into player etc...and this simply hasn't been the case. Ladapo was in a real purple patch of form towards the end of January and he must start week in week out for us.

The second thing McKenna needs to address is his defence. I can understand WBs being rotated from time to time due to the distance they need to cover, but McKenna has chopped and changed too much at CB this season and this is a position that requires faith and continuity from management.

Woolfenden, Burgess and Edmondson have a defensive lapse in them once every 3 games for me, something that isn't currently helped by them not having a prolonged run in the team. Keogh's legs have totally gone, which is a shame as he is a model pro who clearly cares about the club, but Cambridge away wasn't pretty to watch.

McKenna needs to identify his best 11 and stick with it until the end of the season, as inconsistent line ups produce inconsistent results. The same can be said with his substitutions, which again need to be consistent. The absence of Edwards at the weekend was baffling after a very good half against Cambridge.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 14:35]
Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 14:34 - Feb 13 with 1019 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree Hurst was a disaster and rightly got pushed out.

I will wait to pass judgment on Hirst, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 15:31 - Feb 13 with 901 viewsVaughan8

I really think we need to stick to a team to start. I get the different players for different games etc but would a settled team be helpful?

Broadhead I only saw the other day. Great freekick but did he do much else that Harness doesn't do. I'm not sure.

Hirst I thought did fairly well being a bit isolted against the defenders. Ladapo seems to help us bring in the other players though.

I sometimes I think having all these players, I'm not sure we actually know what the best team is. I'm not sure about the other teams without looking, but I'm guessing Plymouth, Sheff Wed, Derby, you could pick 9/10 out of their 11 each week. Us its probably about 6/7
Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 15:32 - Feb 13 with 896 viewsBluebell

Have we got Paul Hurst back?

I think you mean HIRST!
Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 18:17 - Feb 13 with 705 viewsbraveblue

How many games has Hirst had given he didn’t play much before arriving here. Give him a chance.
Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 19:09 - Feb 13 with 648 viewspointofblue

Seeing Hurst and defence together... those things don't marry together well in the memory of an Ipswich fan.

I do agree that we need to settle at the back. Clarke's arrival seems to have thrown everything up in the air there, rather than a straight swap with Donacien. Pick a back four and stick to it.

I'd like to see the front four to be rotated less as well. Although he did a decent job on Saturday, I do not know why Hirst started over Ladapo.

Walton, Clarke, Davis, Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Humphreys, Burns, Chaplin, Broadhead, Ladapo

Other than perhaps a fully fit Luongo for Humphreys, give that team a run out for the next five, with only suspension or injury changing the team. Then reflect and change players who are out of form, giving others a chance.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 19:50 - Feb 13 with 597 viewsRIPbobby

I don't think these next 5 will be easy. From what I've seen 90% of teams who play against us just see it as a training exercise and don't try to win. I think they will be really tough.
Hurst / Defence / Starting Eleven on 20:11 - Feb 13 with 564 viewsDinDjarin

Aluko, Leigh and Jackson to start tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024