Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace 14:29 - Feb 9 with 1055 viewsITFC_History

The first game at Portman Road is from 15/11/68 & is viewed from behind the North Stand goal & is filmed in Black & White. John Jackson who once played for us & died recently started in goal for Palace. David Hill registered his first goals for the towm in this game & it was John ORourke's last game for us. https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=15&a

The second game was just four months later at Selhurst Park where we played in our Yellow away kit. John Jackson also was in goal for Palace in this one. https://www.prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=28&a

Game starts 42:14 (Palace at home)
If the link does not work. You will find the game by searching the youtube engine by putting in "15/11/1969 - The Big Match"

Game Starts at 42:22 (Palace Away) If the link does not work. You will find the game by searching the youtube engine by putting in "28/03/1970 - Football"
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 15:31 - Feb 9 with 967 viewsburnbudgiesburn

Also recently uploaded, Towns visit to Liverpool in 1972 where our defence attempts GBH on Keegan all game and I suddenly realise where Derek Jefferson got the name 'chopper' from!

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 16:22 - Feb 9 with 893 viewsIllinoisblue

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 15:31 - Feb 9 by burnbudgiesburn

Also recently uploaded, Towns visit to Liverpool in 1972 where our defence attempts GBH on Keegan all game and I suddenly realise where Derek Jefferson got the name 'chopper' from!

That footage is great quality. Assume it was remastered in some way.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 17:41 - Feb 9 with 851 viewsRadlett_blue

Mick Hill, not David Hill.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 17:56 - Feb 9 with 833 viewsDJR

I was at the home game, but don't remember it at all.

Great to see those players, and the kit which is my favourite of all time because of its simplicity.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:57]
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:01 - Feb 9 with 826 viewsMeadowlark

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 17:41 - Feb 9 by Radlett_blue

Indeed.
M, I
M,I,C
M,I,C,K
Mick Hill
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:03 - Feb 9 with 824 viewsDJR

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:01 - Feb 9 by Meadowlark

Indeed.
M, I
M,I,C
M,I,C,K
Mick Hill

Great song.
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:13 - Feb 9 with 812 viewsChurchman

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 17:56 - Feb 9 by DJR

I was at the home game, but don't remember it at all.

Great to see those players, and the kit which is my favourite of all time because of its simplicity.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 17:57]

I liked it because the colour was really royal blue and it had a badge on it (not all teams had that). When young I collected those panini style stickers and the Ipswich ones always stood out. The yellow and blue away kit was good too. Not the vomit yellow job of the mob up the road, but a proper yellow.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 18:26]
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:20 - Feb 9 with 802 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 15:31 - Feb 9 by burnbudgiesburn

No sponsors on the shirts. Goalkeepers not wearing gloves. The surge of the crowd.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:29 - Feb 9 with 781 viewsDJR

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:13 - Feb 9 by Churchman

I liked it because the colour was really royal blue and it had a badge on it (not all teams had that). When young I collected those panini style stickers and the Ipswich ones always stood out. The yellow and blue away kit was good too. Not the vomit yellow job of the mob up the road, but a proper yellow.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 18:26]

Yep, I forgot to mention the colour.

In those day, you bought the shirt separately and got your mum to sow on the badge.

I've long grown out of the shirts but I still have the badge. I think it was based on the Ipswich Borough Council logo, and I am not sure if the badge I have is official or identical to the badge the players had. But it is pretty much the same, and has Ipswich FC on it (which may well suggest it is not official).
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 18:40]
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 19:07 - Feb 9 with 754 viewsburnbudgiesburn

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:20 - Feb 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

No sponsors on the shirts. Goalkeepers not wearing gloves. The surge of the crowd.

And the older folk in the crowd possibly Victorians and almost certainly Edwardians!

Jumpers for goalposts!
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 20:34 - Feb 9 with 704 viewsITFC_History

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 17:41 - Feb 9 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. My excuse & its a poor one, I had the David Hill in my head from the early 90s as I was typing the thread post
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 20:54 - Feb 9 with 682 viewsChurchman

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 18:29 - Feb 9 by DJR

Yep, I forgot to mention the colour.

In those day, you bought the shirt separately and got your mum to sow on the badge.

I've long grown out of the shirts but I still have the badge. I think it was based on the Ipswich Borough Council logo, and I am not sure if the badge I have is official or identical to the badge the players had. But it is pretty much the same, and has Ipswich FC on it (which may well suggest it is not official).
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 18:40]

I had the badge and my mum actually sewed it onto my scarf. That scarf went to the FA Cup Final with me.

Mrs C in later years lost the scarf. I have forgiven, just about, but never forgotten…..
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 09:38 - Feb 10 with 553 views66notout

Thank you for that. Had to laugh at the end of the first half when commentator Gerald Sinstadt is clearly heard to say “Ursula, would you see if I could have 40 seconds at half-time please?”
[Post edited 10 Feb 2023 9:44]
The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 11:12 - Feb 10 with 490 viewsRadlett_blue

The two games of the 69/70 Season played against Crystal Palace on 20:34 - Feb 9 by ITFC_History

Indeed. My excuse & its a poor one, I had the David Hill in my head from the early 90s as I was typing the thread post

I thought David Hill was a typical John Duncan signing - a lower league midfield player who wasn't good enough for the 2nd tier. Granted, Town didn't have much money at the time, but the only one of his lower league signings who was good was David Lowe. Somewhat reminiscent of the Paul Hurst reign.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024