Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action Singing Section Survey 12:02 - Jan 11 with 5144 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:13 - Jan 11 with 5027 viewsSteve_M

Done.

Your 'Why do you still sit in Lower North?' question probably has more than one answer for most people. I went with longevity but I like the atmosphere so, and do sing, so not intending to move.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 13:34]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:15 - Jan 11 with 5004 viewsJackNorthStand

I am S5 Lower North. Would happily move for Blue Action to get in the middle and get the stand singing in Unison.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:19 - Jan 11 with 4984 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Would be happy to complete the survey, but are you only looking for responses from season ticket holders? The first question is required, but if you're not a season ticket holder then you can't really answer it.

Could be answered by just marking down where you usually sit (even if you don't have a season ticket), however, you might find that the club argue that this is a flawed survey off the back of that. Maybe that is just me, but back what you are trying to do and wouldn't want it to fail because of something like that.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 4856 viewsportmanking

Had no idea Block A in Cobbold was an option. Why not go for that? Rest of Lower North will hear you MUCH better as you'll be effectively singing AT them. This way you won't come across as condescending/entitled, asking generations of fans to move from a seat they have every right to keeping.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:44 - Jan 11 with 4841 viewstractorboy1978

I back what you are doing. Ultimately, relies on the honesty/goodwill of those that sit in the middle of the NSL though. I'd imagine not many are going to want to move or if they do, will still want to be elsewhere in the NSL.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:49 - Jan 11 with 4810 viewsDJR

As I said on the survey, my friends and I were sat amongst you at the start of last season, and happily opted to switch our seats to Upper North Stand because of our age and because we were cramping your style.

It is not something difficult to do, assuming people are happy with the alternative seats on offer.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:51 - Jan 11 with 4802 viewsportmanroadblue

Have you tried North Stand upper? plenty of seats up there and wont disrupt to many people? If cost comes into it, then has to be South stand lower, having both ends singing would be better than just the one?
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:01 - Jan 11 with 4756 viewsBlue_Order

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:13 - Jan 11 by Steve_M

Done.

Your 'Why do you still sit in Lower North?' question probably has more than one answer for most people. I went with longevity but I like the atmosphere so, and do sing, so not intending to move.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2023 13:34]

Have amended that part and a couple others now.

It’s not perfect by any means, but we’re just trying to gauge general opinion more than anything else.
Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:02 - Jan 11 with 4752 viewsBlue_Order

Thanks for pinning this btw, Phil 👍
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:15 - Jan 11 with 4677 viewsNeedhamChris

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:49 - Jan 11 by DJR

As I said on the survey, my friends and I were sat amongst you at the start of last season, and happily opted to switch our seats to Upper North Stand because of our age and because we were cramping your style.

It is not something difficult to do, assuming people are happy with the alternative seats on offer.

And the cost of the alternative seats on offer, as moving upper comes at a cost which for some might not appeal.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:17 - Jan 11 with 4667 viewsDJR

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:15 - Jan 11 by NeedhamChris

And the cost of the alternative seats on offer, as moving upper comes at a cost which for some might not appeal.

Good point.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:25 - Jan 11 with 4608 viewstivo

Go for C Block and start a whole new section right besides the away fans. Give the ITFC stewards and security something to actually handle rather than getting worked up about banners not being registered in time etc.

I am sure once they have to hire an extra 50 security they will find a way to get you in SBRL center sharpish :))
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:58 - Jan 11 with 4484 viewsFunge

Done.

Keep at it, BA, fully appreciate the majority of everything you're doing....
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 14:28 - Jan 11 with 4358 viewsPinewoodblue

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 13:15 - Jan 11 by NeedhamChris

Pricing at Portman Road reflects the quality of the view of the pitch. You get a greater idea how play is developing if you sit in upper tiers. Perspective is difficult especially from front of the lower tiers in both North and South stand.

Moving to block A in Cobbold is probably the best way to generate a better atmosphere but those who don’t want to pay a little more have a role to play by joining in with chants.

We are all there for the football.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 14:29 - Jan 11 with 4353 viewsSheffordBlue

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:49 - Jan 11 by DJR

Might be worth the Blue Action guys doing a short video interview with you - if people see that others have done it and found the move a good one they might be more inclined to do the same

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 17:30 - Jan 11 with 3936 viewsstrikalite

Done, imo you need to be NS lower, there is a reason why Clubs stick away fans on a side stand.....I'm sure the players love attacking NS end towards your support..
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 3871 viewsWarkystache

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 17:30 - Jan 11 by strikalite

Done, imo you need to be NS lower, there is a reason why Clubs stick away fans on a side stand.....I'm sure the players love attacking NS end towards your support..

I'm SBRL section 5 and I sing until hoarse. Those on here who know me will testify to that. I find a fair amount of alcohol helps lubricate the chords.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 03:15 - Jan 12 with 3379 viewspennblue

Would be really interesting to get a acoustic test done on lower north vs upper north vs cobbold A

I think north upper might end up being the loudest and means the singing is still behind the goal

Can you do some tests?

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 09:32 - Jan 12 with 3140 viewsNickITFC

Agree North upper is the answer. It has a larger capacity than the lower and has plenty of seats that aren't allocated to season ticket holders already.

I would 100% move up there with you! The acoustics of the lower tier are dreadful!! If the club would do safe standing or just allow it in the upper tier that would be a gamerchanger too!
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 11:35 - Jan 12 with 2992 viewsStewart27

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 12:42 - Jan 11 by portmanking

Had no idea Block A in Cobbold was an option. Why not go for that? Rest of Lower North will hear you MUCH better as you'll be effectively singing AT them. This way you won't come across as condescending/entitled, asking generations of fans to move from a seat they have every right to keeping.

But it’s ok asking people in block A to relocate?

By the way I’m not bothered about relocation.

I appreciate the survey and hope that Blue Action get some constructive ideas from it.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 11:37 - Jan 12 with 2988 viewsStewart27

Great survey guys.

Keep up the great work!

Uppa Towen
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 2943 viewsportmanking

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 11:35 - Jan 12 by Stewart27

But it’s ok asking people in block A to relocate?

By the way I’m not bothered about relocation.

I appreciate the survey and hope that Blue Action get some constructive ideas from it.

If I'm not mistaken, Block A is by no means as full as Block 5 of the lower North? Would require a lot less upheaval and upset a lot fewer folk.
Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 15:46 - Jan 12 with 2697 viewsSlambo

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 11:54 - Jan 12 by portmanking

If I'm not mistaken, Block A is by no means as full as Block 5 of the lower North? Would require a lot less upheaval and upset a lot fewer folk.

Mark Ashton was pretty unequivocal that we couldn't be housed anywhere else when we last had a proper sit-down with him - but that was the beginning of last season. Our new liaison at the club was certainly intrigued by the Upper Cobbold idea, but I don't know whether it's because he doesn't know the idea was already poo-pooed, or whether the club has actually changed its mind...

To be honest, this singing section could be anywhere really..! On the surface, north lower s5 is the obvious choice - north lower is where the more vociferous elements have been traditionally and it would properly 'unite' the entire stand. But it is fraught, what with existing fans reluctant to abandon long held seats. We'd also lose the uniting factor going to the Cobbold, but if enough fans came over with us (and i'm confident plenty would post-Rotherham) it could become the new focal point, spreading down and across the Cobbold, into the North and even across to the Magnus (which would be easier than trying to propel noise all the way down to the Ramsey!)...

We'll have to see how the results go, but i'm confident the mandate to establish a proper singing section will be pretty overwhelming. Then it'll be up to the club to facilitate it. Important thing is that it's on the agenda now with plenty of time to implement for next season...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 18:49 - Jan 12 with 2506 viewspennblue

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 15:46 - Jan 12 by Slambo

Mark Ashton was pretty unequivocal that we couldn't be housed anywhere else when we last had a proper sit-down with him - but that was the beginning of last season. Our new liaison at the club was certainly intrigued by the Upper Cobbold idea, but I don't know whether it's because he doesn't know the idea was already poo-pooed, or whether the club has actually changed its mind...

To be honest, this singing section could be anywhere really..! On the surface, north lower s5 is the obvious choice - north lower is where the more vociferous elements have been traditionally and it would properly 'unite' the entire stand. But it is fraught, what with existing fans reluctant to abandon long held seats. We'd also lose the uniting factor going to the Cobbold, but if enough fans came over with us (and i'm confident plenty would post-Rotherham) it could become the new focal point, spreading down and across the Cobbold, into the North and even across to the Magnus (which would be easier than trying to propel noise all the way down to the Ramsey!)...

We'll have to see how the results go, but i'm confident the mandate to establish a proper singing section will be pretty overwhelming. Then it'll be up to the club to facilitate it. Important thing is that it's on the agenda now with plenty of time to implement for next season...

If it is going to be lower north, they need to sort out the concrete blocks at the back to give us a chance to carry the noise

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Blue Action Singing Section Survey on 18:59 - Jan 12 with 2484 viewsStu_Magoo

As someone who sits in the middle of the Lower North, section 5 is where the chants come to die. We're often caught between which side to join in with and it usually ends up with signing half of what is started on one side and then finishing off with the end of what's being sung on the other...

I do wonder if chants being started by BA in the middle might have more chance of catching on uniformly, so the whole stand is actually signing at once?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024