Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quality batting in australia 12:52 - Dec 16 with 1008 viewsSaleAway

All out for 15 in a T20 game....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/63998982

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Quality batting in australia on 13:41 - Dec 16 with 926 viewsdissboy2

think it might have been the one on TMS which I tuned into when bored but dismissed as too parochail to bother continuing listening to!
Quality batting in australia on 13:49 - Dec 16 with 908 viewsRadlett_blue

Reminds me of when journalist Alan Gibson, who liked a few sherbets, was covering Essex V Surrey at Chelmsford in 1983. Rain prevented any play until the 3rd day & Essex were bowled out for 287. Gibson knew there would be only time for a dozen or so overs so he filed his copy, instructing the sub editor to put at the end "In reply Surrey scored -".
Gibson retired to the pub & discovered the next morning that Surrey had been bowled out for 14.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Quality batting in australia on 14:02 - Dec 16 with 872 viewsPhilTWTD

Quality batting in australia on 13:49 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Reminds me of when journalist Alan Gibson, who liked a few sherbets, was covering Essex V Surrey at Chelmsford in 1983. Rain prevented any play until the 3rd day & Essex were bowled out for 287. Gibson knew there would be only time for a dozen or so overs so he filed his copy, instructing the sub editor to put at the end "In reply Surrey scored -".
Gibson retired to the pub & discovered the next morning that Surrey had been bowled out for 14.

I remember that match. Norbert Phillips took a lot of the wickets, if I recall correctly.
Quality batting in australia on 14:08 - Dec 16 with 851 viewsCoastalblue

Quality batting in australia on 14:02 - Dec 16 by PhilTWTD

I remember that match. Norbert Phillips took a lot of the wickets, if I recall correctly.

Yep Phillips and Foster demolished them, including Sylvester Clark who apparently came out to bat with his hair still full of shampoo and no socks on.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Quality batting in australia on 14:34 - Dec 16 with 825 viewsRadlett_blue

Quality batting in australia on 14:02 - Dec 16 by PhilTWTD

Yes Phillip took 6-4 & Foster 4-10.
Surrey made 185-2 following on the next day. Maybe Alan Gibson turned up, bleary eyed, and assumed this was Surrey's first innings?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Quality batting in australia on 14:58 - Dec 16 with 778 viewsPhilTWTD

Quality batting in australia on 14:08 - Dec 16 by Coastalblue

Yep Phillips and Foster demolished them, including Sylvester Clark who apparently came out to bat with his hair still full of shampoo and no socks on.

Ha!
Quality batting in australia on 14:59 - Dec 16 with 775 viewsPhilTWTD

Quality batting in australia on 14:34 - Dec 16 by Radlett_blue

Yes Phillip took 6-4 & Foster 4-10.
Surrey made 185-2 following on the next day. Maybe Alan Gibson turned up, bleary eyed, and assumed this was Surrey's first innings?

Ah yes, Phillip, not Phillips.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024