Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Woolfenden 13:24 - Dec 15 with 13778 viewsParky

Been told he’s picked up an injury and is going to be out for about 6 months.

Will be a huge miss for us.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2022 13:24]
Luke Woolfenden on 11:39 - Dec 16 with 1853 viewsPositivelyPortman

Source of info please?

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Luke Woolfenden on 12:35 - Dec 16 with 1689 viewsjeera

Luke Woolfenden on 17:06 - Dec 15 by blues1

Really? How many of our injuries have been picked up in training? Almost all been during games

It's clearly sarcasm.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Luke Woolfenden on 10:00 - Dec 17 with 1376 viewsArnieM

Luke Woolfenden on 18:03 - Dec 15 by DJR

Agreed, Edmundson has pace, and is good on the ball, so personally I would play him in the Woolfy role with Burgess to his left.

Hmmm “ good on the ball “( Edmundson). I’m not sure I’d agree with you on this. Yes he’s now starting get forward with the ball. Something that he’s not usually done. Is he “ comfortable”? I’d suggest he’s not. He gets caught in possession up the pitch and will lose possession.

If Woolfie is to be out for a while I’d perhaps use Edmundson today and hope. But then I’d go with Keogh and Burgess with Evans just in front of them. We don’t miss Woolfie then, in my humble view. But we do need to get another CB who is comfortable in the ball. I cant see Edmundson remaining at the Club going forwards , and especially if we do get promoted. For me he’s just not quite good enough. This is just my opinion of course ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Luke Woolfenden on 10:08 - Dec 17 with 1338 viewsDJR

Luke Woolfenden on 10:00 - Dec 17 by ArnieM

Hmmm “ good on the ball “( Edmundson). I’m not sure I’d agree with you on this. Yes he’s now starting get forward with the ball. Something that he’s not usually done. Is he “ comfortable”? I’d suggest he’s not. He gets caught in possession up the pitch and will lose possession.

If Woolfie is to be out for a while I’d perhaps use Edmundson today and hope. But then I’d go with Keogh and Burgess with Evans just in front of them. We don’t miss Woolfie then, in my humble view. But we do need to get another CB who is comfortable in the ball. I cant see Edmundson remaining at the Club going forwards , and especially if we do get promoted. For me he’s just not quite good enough. This is just my opinion of course ….

I can see what you're saying but it has to be borne in mind that Edmundson is playing on the left, and is advancing much more forward than Woolfy. But put him on the right of Burgess, and make him take up the sweeper-like role of Woolfy, and my view is that he will be better suited to this role than a slow and ageing Keogh, who looks to me more like an old-fashioned defender who is not that comfortable on the ball.

Today it will be interesting to see which way McKenna jumps.
Luke Woolfenden on 10:14 - Dec 17 with 1318 viewsStokieBlue

Luke Woolfenden on 10:00 - Dec 17 by ArnieM

I disagree about Edmundson, he's comfortable on the ball, a great defender and surges forward well.

People totally forget the context that he's playing on the left side because Wolfie can't. Let's see how well Wolf did on the left or Burgess on the right side.

It was even more difficult for Edmundson as he was playing in a 3 most of the time which meant he was even further left than a left CB would normally be.

Context is important.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Luke Woolfenden on 13:11 - Dec 17 with 1109 viewsbilllm

Luke Woolfenden on 10:14 - Dec 17 by StokieBlue

I disagree about Edmundson, he's comfortable on the ball, a great defender and surges forward well.

People totally forget the context that he's playing on the left side because Wolfie can't. Let's see how well Wolf did on the left or Burgess on the right side.

It was even more difficult for Edmundson as he was playing in a 3 most of the time which meant he was even further left than a left CB would normally be.

Context is important.

SB

Agree with this over the years our centre backs look un balanced when out of position,
Right and left all day long,
Feel for edmunds done a job for the team but him and woolfy fighting for one position,
He more than capable and comfortable playing on the right,
Luke Woolfenden on 14:43 - Dec 17 with 913 viewsSouperJim

"Luke Woolfenden, who has picked up a minor knock but is expected back on Boxing Day"

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Luke Woolfenden on 18:56 - Dec 17 with 795 viewsSitfcB

Fair play, was correct on the picked up an injury part, just the time scale a bit out that was probably lost in translation along the way.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Woolfenden on 20:18 - Dec 17 with 731 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Luke Woolfenden on 18:56 - Dec 17 by SitfcB

Fair play, was correct on the picked up an injury part, just the time scale a bit out that was probably lost in translation along the way.

A bit out….that’s the understatement of the century.

Don’t understand why people feel the need to post unsubstantiated rubbish.

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024