Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar World Cup 19:04 - Nov 18 with 990 viewsBlueForYou

I know absolutely nothing about this coming tournament. I've discovered there are eight stadiums, eight. What happens to these when the tournament has finished? Are there eight super teams to take them over & play in the Qatar Premier league? Or do they get demolished? I can't see Qatar needing eight football stadiums but what do I know? Is it that big, to accommodate thousands of fans from each Country? Where does everyone stay? The weather should be great, but what else is there to do? Seems like a daft place for a World Cup. Go ahead make me look silly..!!
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 19:06]
Qatar World Cup on 19:13 - Nov 18 with 954 viewsSpruceMoose

"I've discovered there are eight stadiums, eight. What happens to these when the tournament has finished?"

Jails perhaps?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2022 19:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Qatar World Cup on 19:21 - Nov 18 with 947 viewsstringy

Like the Olympics, the World Cup is pretty much unsustainable for most countries, not only on the number of stadia they are left with (e.g. the crumbling infrastructure from Athens '04), but also the debt they are left with (it took 40 years for Montreal '76 to pay it off).

It has always been about the prestige and politics, but now many cities/countries no longer willing to go along with it (Boston withdrew for '24, with most people in the city polled against it/the debt that would come).

Qatar is quite patently about sportswashing and profile raising, just as we see with the investments into Man City, Newcastle etc. - this is the first time to my mind that we are seeing a major pushback against the tournament from a broad constituency (as opposed to the Moscow/LA Olympic boycotts of Cold War politics).

I'd like to think this will hit the Qatari elites hard, but alas it seems to be the deaths of migrant workers and global public disdain are the main impacts here
Qatar World Cup on 19:41 - Nov 18 with 874 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You are going to be even happier when you find out about their construction too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Qatar World Cup on 19:58 - Nov 18 with 849 viewsHighgateBlue

Don't worry about not knowing these things - you've clearly thought about them a little more than Herr Blatter!
Qatar World Cup on 21:42 - Nov 18 with 747 viewsDaninthecampo

The best and biggest club in Qatar has a capacity of under 13k! 7 of the 8 stadiums are likely to be left abandoned
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024