Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We just came back 07:43 - Oct 30 with 617 viewssotd78

We just came back from being two goals down twice in a game and we drew. We felt terrific. We just lost two 2-goal leads and only drew the game. We felt distraught. In both cases we drew. Perspective guys and gals.
It's football. We're being talked about by football fans all over the country. After watching about 1500 Town games this one makes the memorable top 50.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

We just came back on 07:56 - Oct 30 with 546 viewsBloomBlue

If you stand back and look at that game it had it all, a great advert for football. Although I've never recovered from the Oxford 4-3 game so this 4-4 might not help.

I do agree with KM you will always get these crazy games, my only concern is the players panicked at the end. Not sure why they did is the pressure of the league having an impact ? I thought given we have players like Morsey, Ball, Walton who have played a higher level panic wasn't something we would suffer with. I also thought KM suffered with a bit of panic given his subs. However it's probably better it happens now and we can fix it.
We just came back on 08:09 - Oct 30 with 511 viewsDJR

We just came back on 07:56 - Oct 30 by BloomBlue

If you stand back and look at that game it had it all, a great advert for football. Although I've never recovered from the Oxford 4-3 game so this 4-4 might not help.

I do agree with KM you will always get these crazy games, my only concern is the players panicked at the end. Not sure why they did is the pressure of the league having an impact ? I thought given we have players like Morsey, Ball, Walton who have played a higher level panic wasn't something we would suffer with. I also thought KM suffered with a bit of panic given his subs. However it's probably better it happens now and we can fix it.

I think the pressure of the crowd played a big part, as it did at Sheffield Wednesday and Plymouth. They got wound up by some of the referee's decisions and were further wound up by the manager on his dismissal. So on each occasion when they got a goal back, their team played a bit like men possessed.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 8:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024