Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spiral car park closure 21:58 - Oct 23 with 1744 viewskpblues

Rant
Went to park at the spiral car park only to find it closed at 8pm.
How come?
Are Ipswich Council inflexible and short sighted or is there another reason?
Can the club not let them have a fixture list so they can be more flexible with their closing times?

Poll: Do you want Ipswich to be a city?

Spiral car park closure on 22:04 - Oct 23 with 1696 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would guess that with the extra street parking available after 6pm, there is not considered a need for it. I think it has always closed at 8 pm. Other parking options are available (although I understand the inconvenience if you usually park there and don't realise).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Spiral car park closure on 22:05 - Oct 23 with 1682 viewsSitfcB

Don’t think the council run that one?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Spiral car park closure on 22:29 - Oct 23 with 1582 viewskpblues

Spiral car park closure on 22:05 - Oct 23 by SitfcB

Don’t think the council run that one?

Thanks for the replies.
Apologies to Ipswich Council.
It's run by a firm called Brittania Parking.
End of rant!

Spiral car park closure on 23:14 - Oct 23 with 1486 viewsbournemouthblue

Spiral car park closure on 22:29 - Oct 23 by kpblues

Thanks for the replies.
Apologies to Ipswich Council.
It's run by a firm called Brittania Parking.
End of rant!

It's amazing how quick people are to blame the council for things that aren't there fault

As a point of order and the local papers are particularly guilty of this, though I understand why they use the term

There is no such council as Ipswich Council, we have two councils in the Town which is part of the problem

We have a Borough Council who are Labour run and are normally without controversy

And Suffolk County Council run by the Tories who are often god awful and usually behind a lot of c0ck ups on the local politics scene

SCC have featured in Private Eye under their dodgy councils section, Ipswich Borough don't feature in it very often, if at all

I hope that clears this up

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Spiral car park closure on 10:09 - Oct 24 with 1190 viewstivo

Spiral car park closure on 23:14 - Oct 23 by bournemouthblue

It's amazing how quick people are to blame the council for things that aren't there fault

As a point of order and the local papers are particularly guilty of this, though I understand why they use the term

There is no such council as Ipswich Council, we have two councils in the Town which is part of the problem

We have a Borough Council who are Labour run and are normally without controversy

And Suffolk County Council run by the Tories who are often god awful and usually behind a lot of c0ck ups on the local politics scene

SCC have featured in Private Eye under their dodgy councils section, Ipswich Borough don't feature in it very often, if at all

I hope that clears this up

Furthermore Crown Car Park was open till 23.30 on Friday for football .

Spiral car park closure on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 1111 viewskpblues

Spiral car park closure on 10:09 - Oct 24 by tivo

Furthermore Crown Car Park was open till 23.30 on Friday for football .

Again thanks to everyone for putting me straight.

On the night of the game lots of cars were having to turn back and find last minute parking spaces and on Sunday night I was with a group of people who were amongst them so the rant happened.

As you said Bournemouth blue I was a bit quick to blame Ipswich Council and was wrong and thank you tivo for pointing out that the council did indeed react to the match.

Humble pie time for me I think!

Great match though and great result.

COYB

Spiral car park closure on 11:22 - Oct 24 with 1088 viewsFreddies_Ears

ITFC asked IBC to keep Crown open for evening games. IBC, who are sensible and positive, agreed.
Spiral car park closure on 11:31 - Oct 24 with 1074 viewstivo

Spiral car park closure on 11:22 - Oct 24 by Freddies_Ears

ITFC asked IBC to keep Crown open for evening games. IBC, who are sensible and positive, agreed.

I follow lots of the local councillors from all parties on twitter, the Labour lot seem very, very normal and quite a few town fans amongst them.

(This said as a Lib Dem party member)
Login to get fewer ads

Spiral car park closure on 11:39 - Oct 24 with 1055 viewsMookamoo

That car park is something out of a horror movie in the evenings.

Fine when there are lots of people about , but it gives me the heebie jeebies wandering down to the depths of the earth to find the car which I'm convinced was further up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024