Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bracknell Town today 18:58 - Oct 22 with 1334 viewsLeBlue

Took the kids today to watch Bracknell v North Leigh. Some observations.

Tidy little ground, two very small seating areas with single layer standing around the whole ground. Could walk all the way round with no barriers in place, although there are a couple of spots where they could easily be put in if they are needed for segregation. Whole ground is in very good repair and is obviously well maintained.

Small, but nice, bar and a reasonably priced burger and chips outlet.

Pitch looked good to start but cut up quite easily as the game went on. Turf was wet which wouldn't have helped. Not a quagmire by any stretch but there were a few bobbles evident as the game progressed.

Bracknell won 6-0 and, as the scoreline suggests, it was very comfortable. North Leigh were awful but Bracknell were impressive against them. Really evident patterns of play, wanted to play out the back whenever they could but not afraid to hoof for some variation. Full backs, particularly the left back, overlapped constantly and their delivery into the box was in the most part good.

Can't really comment on their defensive ability as it wasn't really put under any real pressure.

2 stand out players for me. Left winger/inside left number 11 (surname was English) was very impressive and had a few tricks up his sleeve. MoM for me.

Striker number 9 (surname Esprit) was a really sharp player. Seemed pacy and definitely an eye for goal.

Their owner, Kayne SB, was walking about through the whole game with his Mrs and family, chatting to fans as he went.

Ref was good, better than most we've had this year!

Really good set up and a decent looking team to be fair, shame the oppo weren't a bit better to see what they had in defence.

All in all, looks a well run club with some talent in the ranks. Nice family atmosphere and no idiots in attendance.

Bracknell Town today on 19:06 - Oct 22 with 1224 viewsJeff_winger

I believe the owner said he doesn't intend to segregate fans, will be mixed in.

Also the bar area will be for hospitality only, he will put up marquees for fns to buy cans of beer .
Bracknell Town today on 19:09 - Oct 22 with 1190 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many matches do you have to attend to get priority tickets for the cup tie?!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bracknell Town today on 19:13 - Oct 22 with 1152 viewsLeBlue

Bracknell Town today on 19:06 - Oct 22 by Jeff_winger

I believe the owner said he doesn't intend to segregate fans, will be mixed in.

Also the bar area will be for hospitality only, he will put up marquees for fns to buy cans of beer .

Yeah, I saw that. To be fair, the bar is nowhere near big enough to serve a decent size crowd so marquees is the best way forward.

Also worth noting that the attendance was probably about 4/500 with not much of a queue for the FA cup tickets at the gazebo they had set up. Reckon ITFC will be able to get more than their original allocation.
Bracknell Town today on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 1041 viewsLeBlue

Forgot to say, parking today was easy. There's a fairly large (and free) car park called the Memorial Car Park off the main road. Stadium is a 5 minute walk from there - head away from the road across a park. There was also a sign for overflow parking across the road.

Train station is about a 10 minute walk from the ground, it's on the Reading to Gatwick line so you can always park at Gatwick if you need to
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024