Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlton a concern? 22:33 - Oct 17 with 1631 viewsSaxonblue74

Great result tonight, and Pompey were pants. Slightly concerned about our trip to the Valley though, they look decent!

Poll: Would you take MM and TC back tomorrow?

Charlton a concern? on 23:35 - Oct 17 with 1494 viewsBigCommon

Good result for Charlton tonight. But tbf , I wasn't overly impressed with Pompey at our place, either. Take the two debatable penalties away from them. And I honestly don't think they offered much.
Be interesting to see if Charlton kick on a bit. Last decent home win they had was a 5-1 v Plynouth. And they , then went on an awful run of results. So I wouldn't read much into one game. Glad Pompey got smashed though.
In short, I'm not overly concerned with Charlton away. Any more than any other game. As we saw on Saturday. Every game is losable, if you're not at your best.
Charlton a concern? on 05:00 - Oct 18 with 1309 viewsbournemouthblue

Charlton a concern? on 23:35 - Oct 17 by BigCommon

Good result for Charlton tonight. But tbf , I wasn't overly impressed with Pompey at our place, either. Take the two debatable penalties away from them. And I honestly don't think they offered much.
Be interesting to see if Charlton kick on a bit. Last decent home win they had was a 5-1 v Plynouth. And they , then went on an awful run of results. So I wouldn't read much into one game. Glad Pompey got smashed though.
In short, I'm not overly concerned with Charlton away. Any more than any other game. As we saw on Saturday. Every game is losable, if you're not at your best.

Lincoln looked a better outfit than Pompey in the sense their gameplan was effective

Another day, if we'd beaten Pompey 3 - 0, I'd say that was a fair result

Pompey offered absolutely nothing, both penalties came out of nowhere but that shows the danger of having Dane Scarlett

The second penalty was ridiculously soft, it was wreckless by Morsy but not exactly a clear goalscoring chance he was denying, let's be honest

Charlton, I imagine are better than their league position suggests and may still pick up some form

I genuinely don't think we have much to fear based on the sides we have come across so far

Our biggest threat will be ourselves, we can't be as wasteful as we were on Saturday in the big games

Imagine if that had been a playoff game for example

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Charlton a concern? on 07:45 - Oct 18 with 1082 viewsboroughblue

Charlton a concern? on 05:00 - Oct 18 by bournemouthblue

Lincoln looked a better outfit than Pompey in the sense their gameplan was effective

Another day, if we'd beaten Pompey 3 - 0, I'd say that was a fair result

Pompey offered absolutely nothing, both penalties came out of nowhere but that shows the danger of having Dane Scarlett

The second penalty was ridiculously soft, it was wreckless by Morsy but not exactly a clear goalscoring chance he was denying, let's be honest

Charlton, I imagine are better than their league position suggests and may still pick up some form

I genuinely don't think we have much to fear based on the sides we have come across so far

Our biggest threat will be ourselves, we can't be as wasteful as we were on Saturday in the big games

Imagine if that had been a playoff game for example

‘The second penalty was ridiculously soft, it was wreckless by Morsy but not exactly a clear goalscoring chance he was denying, let's be honest’

Wow, I really hope this isn’t your comprehension of a penalty, not sure where in the laws of the game it says it needs to be a clear goal scoring opportunity being denied for a PENALTY to be given. It’s a stonewall penalty. Morsy was clumsy and fouled their man, and what even more annoying is that he didn’t need to do it. It’s come from a routine throw, the player is going no where too. If someone did that to our player I’d be very annoyed if we didn’t get a pen.

The first one is a pen too, granted Walton gets unlucky, but he’s fouled him. Two easy, and soft pens given away from us, still can’t believe people argue them…
Charlton a concern? on 08:22 - Oct 18 with 958 viewsjayessess

Charlton a concern? on 07:45 - Oct 18 by boroughblue

‘The second penalty was ridiculously soft, it was wreckless by Morsy but not exactly a clear goalscoring chance he was denying, let's be honest’

Wow, I really hope this isn’t your comprehension of a penalty, not sure where in the laws of the game it says it needs to be a clear goal scoring opportunity being denied for a PENALTY to be given. It’s a stonewall penalty. Morsy was clumsy and fouled their man, and what even more annoying is that he didn’t need to do it. It’s come from a routine throw, the player is going no where too. If someone did that to our player I’d be very annoyed if we didn’t get a pen.

The first one is a pen too, granted Walton gets unlucky, but he’s fouled him. Two easy, and soft pens given away from us, still can’t believe people argue them…

In terms of assessing how good the opposition are there's a difference between them winning a penalty via a one-on-one opportunity and winning a penalty from a contested ball that's far from goal.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Charlton a concern? on 08:23 - Oct 18 with 951 viewsDJR

My friend and I didn't think the Morsy incident was a penalty but that's because we both thought he got the ball first given that it went up in the air. It looked like that at the time, and playing the incident back in slow motion appears to me to confirm this.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2022 8:25]
Charlton a concern? on 10:13 - Oct 18 with 746 viewsBeyriey

If Charlton lose Chuks Aneke again, then Ben Garner's typically organised defensive unit will be thrown into disarray.
Charlton a concern? on 10:26 - Oct 18 with 697 viewsfarkenhell

I think Bournemouth is saying the same as you. He didn't say it wasn't a penalty, just that Morsy didn't need to foul their man (because he wasn't denying them a clear goal scoring chance). That's how I read it anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024