Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? 18:47 - Oct 3 with 2879 viewsbluelagos

According to his wiki page, Kwasi got a first in classics from Trinity college, Cambridge. Then he studied at Harvard and ended up with a PhD.

Although he went to Eton, that was on a scholarship, so no silver spoon, all on merit.

Anyone wish to claim higher/better academic achievement?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 12:02 - Oct 4 with 654 viewsBondiBlue

Has he done anything maths-related?

Poll: Which would you accept?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 12:54 - Oct 4 with 620 viewsblueasfook

That's a doss degree. I'd be more impressed if he had a degree in astrophysics like Brian May of Queen.

Brian May for PM!
[Post edited 4 Oct 2022 12:55]

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 13:18 - Oct 4 with 587 viewsgordon

"Political thought of the recoinage crisis of 1695—7" is the title of his doctoral thesis.

I can imagine he's bright in some ways, but I would also humbly suggest that this isn't likely to be a particularly intellectually challenging topic, and neither is Classics/History.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:03 - Oct 4 with 551 viewsleitrimblue

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 13:18 - Oct 4 by gordon

"Political thought of the recoinage crisis of 1695—7" is the title of his doctoral thesis.

I can imagine he's bright in some ways, but I would also humbly suggest that this isn't likely to be a particularly intellectually challenging topic, and neither is Classics/History.

A classics degree is literally "go read Homer and Herodotus and I will adk you a couple of questions about it later"
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:11 - Oct 4 with 544 viewsChurchman

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:03 - Oct 4 by leitrimblue

A classics degree is literally "go read Homer and Herodotus and I will adk you a couple of questions about it later"

Yeah, but would you want to read it??
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:24 - Oct 4 with 532 viewsbungaytractor

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:11 - Oct 4 by Churchman

Boring rubbish at the end of the day theres a reason no one reads it really
But jason amd the argonouts was good film with the skeletons ect
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:33 - Oct 4 with 525 viewsDevereuxxx

What he, and most of the current cabinet, demonstrate is that just because you are highly educated, it does not mean you are clever.

Him and Truss are two of the worst political operators I've seen in years. Every time Truss answers a question you can hear the cogs turning before she decides to simply repeat the same waffle she's previously said.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:40 - Oct 4 with 501 viewsleitrimblue

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:11 - Oct 4 by Churchman

Think I have read um both back in the day. Don't remember much about either now.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 15:14 - Oct 4 with 466 viewsXYZ

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 14:33 - Oct 4 by Devereuxxx

What he, and most of the current cabinet, demonstrate is that just because you are highly educated, it does not mean you are clever.

Him and Truss are two of the worst political operators I've seen in years. Every time Truss answers a question you can hear the cogs turning before she decides to simply repeat the same waffle she's previously said.

I was thinking this earlier - every time she speaks another bunch of tory voters are going to decide, "nah, not next time".
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 15:16 - Oct 4 with 464 viewssolemio

Those with Firsts and PhDs are 2-a-penny.
Those with wisdom and the ability to relate to others not of their own social class are so much rarer.
Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 15:23 - Oct 4 with 451 viewschicoazul

As I have explained many many times, all Oxbridge educated elite should be kept very very far away from Government at all times. Fine to work in Whitehall, fine to work in the security services etc but never in government.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone on here as clever as our chancellor? on 15:27 - Oct 4 with 446 viewsTractorWood

It comes to the heart of most high level careers. Knowing the answer isn't always enough. Executing it in the right way at the right time whilst lapping it up with stakeholders is the skill.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024