Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? 11:41 - Sep 28 with 2026 viewsMookamoo

2008 was The Financial Crisis or Great Recession and we had Black Monday etc - what is this one called?
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 11:41 - Sep 28 with 1260 viewsblueasfook

Economy Down the Kwasi

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 11:45 - Sep 28 with 1244 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Is it not the cost of living crisis?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 11:55 - Sep 28 with 1223 viewsrgp1

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 11:45 - Sep 28 by BlueandTruesince82

Is it not the cost of living crisis?

It's a financial crisis that has been going on for years that has been caused by politicians of all sides allowing us as a country to continue living beyond its means. Unfortunately its now coming home to roost!
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:03 - Sep 28 with 1188 viewsMattinLondon

Tory f**k-up.
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:04 - Sep 28 with 1189 viewsbournemouthblue

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 11:55 - Sep 28 by rgp1

It's a financial crisis that has been going on for years that has been caused by politicians of all sides allowing us as a country to continue living beyond its means. Unfortunately its now coming home to roost!

Politicians of 'all sides', even though the Tories have been in power for 12 years!

The latest iteration have abandoned the idea of cutting the deficit altogether

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:06 - Sep 28 with 1184 viewsnodge_blue

Muse have the name

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:12 - Sep 28 with 1175 viewsArnieM

12 years of Tories in power syndrome.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:12 - Sep 28 with 1182 viewsBlueBadger

This is possibly the most tenuous and desperate 'but Labour' so far. Quite the achievement, given we've had 'look how bad they are, actually doing something about their racists' and 'It's Labour's fault Kwarteng has f**ked the economy' over the last day or so.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 12:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:13 - Sep 28 with 1164 viewsBlueBadger

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:12 - Sep 28 by ArnieM

12 years of Tories in power syndrome.

Your first three words are superfluous.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:14 - Sep 28 with 1163 viewsmarchy

Trussterf-ck.
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:15 - Sep 28 with 1150 viewsEdwardStone

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:14 - Sep 28 by marchy

Trussterf-ck.

Crisis Caused by Clueless Cretins
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:17 - Sep 28 with 1149 viewsArnieM

this country's national debt will never, ever be paid. We are still "paying" for WW2. Its almost a book keeping entry as it changes nothing with regards to the day to day running of the country.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:18 - Sep 28 with 1144 viewsTangledupin_Blue

2022 will be known as 'The year the turkeys voted for Christmas and finished up well and truly Trussed'.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:22 - Sep 28 with 1137 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:27 - Sep 28 with 1101 viewsrgp1

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:12 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

This is possibly the most tenuous and desperate 'but Labour' so far. Quite the achievement, given we've had 'look how bad they are, actually doing something about their racists' and 'It's Labour's fault Kwarteng has f**ked the economy' over the last day or so.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2022 12:24]

Badger I wasn't aware I said ' but labour' in my reply clearly you must have it on the brain.
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:34 - Sep 28 with 1086 viewsIllinoisblue

You are Lord Ashcroft and I claim my 5 pounds (actually I’ll take it in dollars please)

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:36 - Sep 28 with 1071 viewsBlueBadger

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:27 - Sep 28 by rgp1

Badger I wasn't aware I said ' but labour' in my reply clearly you must have it on the brain.

Yeah, sure you meant the Lib Dems and SNP when you said 'politicians of all sides'

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:36 - Sep 28 with 1069 viewsWeWereZombies

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:17 - Sep 28 by ArnieM

this country's national debt will never, ever be paid. We are still "paying" for WW2. Its almost a book keeping entry as it changes nothing with regards to the day to day running of the country.

You are sixteen years out of date:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_British_national_debt

'During World War II the government was again forced to borrow heavily in order to finance war with the Axis powers. By the end of the conflict Britain's debt exceeded 200 percent of GDP, as it had done after the end of the Napoleonic Wars.[5] As during World War I, the US again provided the major source of funds, this time via low-interest loans and also through the Lend Lease Act. Even at the end of the war Britain needed American financial assistance, and in 1945 Britain took a loan for $586 million (about £145 million at 1945 exchange rates), and in addition a further $3.7 billion line of credit (about £930m at 1945 exchange rates). The debt was to be paid off in 50 annual repayments commencing in 1950. Some of these loans were only paid off in the early 21st century. On 31 December 2006, Britain made a final payment of about $83m (£45.5m) and thereby discharged the last of its war loans from the US.'

So the current debt is all down to the governments that have been in power since 2006, i.e. 25% Labour, 74% Conservative, 1% Liberal Democrat...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:40 - Sep 28 with 1047 viewsrgp1

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:36 - Sep 28 by BlueBadger

Yeah, sure you meant the Lib Dems and SNP when you said 'politicians of all sides'

How many politicians know what a struggle is these days. Single figures I reckon.
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 1035 viewsrgp1

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:36 - Sep 28 by WeWereZombies

You are sixteen years out of date:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_British_national_debt

'During World War II the government was again forced to borrow heavily in order to finance war with the Axis powers. By the end of the conflict Britain's debt exceeded 200 percent of GDP, as it had done after the end of the Napoleonic Wars.[5] As during World War I, the US again provided the major source of funds, this time via low-interest loans and also through the Lend Lease Act. Even at the end of the war Britain needed American financial assistance, and in 1945 Britain took a loan for $586 million (about £145 million at 1945 exchange rates), and in addition a further $3.7 billion line of credit (about £930m at 1945 exchange rates). The debt was to be paid off in 50 annual repayments commencing in 1950. Some of these loans were only paid off in the early 21st century. On 31 December 2006, Britain made a final payment of about $83m (£45.5m) and thereby discharged the last of its war loans from the US.'

So the current debt is all down to the governments that have been in power since 2006, i.e. 25% Labour, 74% Conservative, 1% Liberal Democrat...

Thank you I rest my case.
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:45 - Sep 28 with 1008 viewsbungaytractor

Honey i shrunk the pound lol
Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:47 - Sep 28 with 989 viewshomer_123

And in 12 years under Tory leadership, things have improved by how much?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:47 - Sep 28 with 986 viewshomer_123

1%

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:49 - Sep 28 with 984 viewsBlueBadger

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:40 - Sep 28 by rgp1

How many politicians know what a struggle is these days. Single figures I reckon.

Choo choo! The whatabouterry train is pulling into platform 5!

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:51 - Sep 28 with 966 viewshomer_123

Has this financial crisis got a name yet? on 12:41 - Sep 28 by rgp1

Thank you I rest my case.

Well, not really. All fine laying the blame but the majority of that blame lies on one party more than any other.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024