Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IFollow hypothetical 01:10 - Aug 20 with 1987 viewsmrfixit426

So if someone was to buy a 3pm Saturday fixture on IFollow from another country*, is there any reason it would cut out every ten minutes or so, saying "you may not have permission to view this stream?"

Happened to me last week for the MK Dons match while I was in "Spain" and I was considering buying the Shrewsbury match, but don't want to reset everything 10 times during the game.

Any ideas?

*VPN from UK
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 1:10]
IFollow hypothetical on 02:51 - Aug 20 with 1911 viewsIllinoisblue

If that were to happen to, say, a friend in another country, what happens when it cuts out? Do they just log back in and carry on watching?

I have no idea how to fix it. Clear cache? Clear cookies?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

IFollow hypothetical on 05:36 - Aug 20 with 1863 viewsjeera

IFollow hypothetical on 02:51 - Aug 20 by Illinoisblue

If that were to happen to, say, a friend in another country, what happens when it cuts out? Do they just log back in and carry on watching?

That would be the sort of thing I would try first.

Then use another location.

Put simply, some places seem to be less spoiled than others.

Close the browser in between the messing about.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

IFollow hypothetical on 07:03 - Aug 20 with 1802 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

A couple adjustments will help:

- Open the full browser (not incognito)
- Accept all site cookies when you initially visit the website

Enjoy the game (Spain is lovely at this time of year)
IFollow hypothetical on 07:14 - Aug 20 with 1766 viewsbelgablue

Again, if that were to happen to a friend in another country, it might be worth checking their Vpn provider is a good one, such as express Vpn which helps keep the connection stable.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

IFollow hypothetical on 07:19 - Aug 20 with 1759 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

If I were you I would "fly" to another "country". That's worked for "my friend" in the past.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

IFollow hypothetical on 09:25 - Aug 20 with 1609 viewsmrfixit426

Yep I was clearing the cache and cookies, and then logging back in every time it cut out to reset it. Maybe it was the hot weather in Spain.

Sweden is pleasant at this time of year, I think I may make a trip there instead.

😁
IFollow hypothetical on 09:37 - Aug 20 with 1576 viewskiwiblue

IFollow hypothetical on 09:25 - Aug 20 by mrfixit426

Yep I was clearing the cache and cookies, and then logging back in every time it cut out to reset it. Maybe it was the hot weather in Spain.

Sweden is pleasant at this time of year, I think I may make a trip there instead.

😁

Sweden has big mossies will spoil your viewing. come to nz perfect viewing here.
IFollow hypothetical on 10:04 - Aug 20 with 1546 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

IFollow hypothetical on 09:25 - Aug 20 by mrfixit426

😁

I always catch the first flight to Sweden on Saturday mornings as I have found that my trips to USA, Spain, Portugal et al were interrupted every ten minutes.

The issue for me is definitely browser/laptop based because my Dad uses my VPN log in details and has never had an issue. Either a browser issue or iFollow have got my account blacklisted and I need to set up a new one!
Login to get fewer ads

IFollow hypothetical on 10:09 - Aug 20 with 1524 viewsmrfixit426

IFollow hypothetical on 10:04 - Aug 20 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I always catch the first flight to Sweden on Saturday mornings as I have found that my trips to USA, Spain, Portugal et al were interrupted every ten minutes.

The issue for me is definitely browser/laptop based because my Dad uses my VPN log in details and has never had an issue. Either a browser issue or iFollow have got my account blacklisted and I need to set up a new one!

Thanks so much! That makes total sense.
IFollow hypothetical on 10:21 - Aug 20 with 1504 viewsshady

VPN's are not foolproof.
Should ifollow really want to analyse the sudden upsurge in Swedish viewers they can.

On a related issue I used to use VPN's to bet in Australia as they don't allow non residents to partake. However they soon found me out.
Clearing cache and cookies is a must,
also set your computer time to Swedish time zone.

When i informed the VPN people that I was paying for their poor service it was that the Australians were just too methodical and too hard to fool.

So enjoy VPN's whilst possible, just understand that may not be forever.
IFollow hypothetical on 10:26 - Aug 20 with 1494 viewseireblue

https://privacysavvy.com/vpn/best/obfuscated-servers/
IFollow hypothetical on 10:34 - Aug 20 with 1455 viewsRozz

IFollow hypothetical on 10:21 - Aug 20 by shady

VPN's are not foolproof.
Should ifollow really want to analyse the sudden upsurge in Swedish viewers they can.

On a related issue I used to use VPN's to bet in Australia as they don't allow non residents to partake. However they soon found me out.
Clearing cache and cookies is a must,
also set your computer time to Swedish time zone.

When i informed the VPN people that I was paying for their poor service it was that the Australians were just too methodical and too hard to fool.

So enjoy VPN's whilst possible, just understand that may not be forever.

There was an attempt a few years ago to block major VPN providers on iFollow, but it was relatively easy to get around. I don't know if they've been lifted now as there's plenty using ExpressVPN who were previously blocked.*

I suspect it would be relatively easy for them to clamp down on it, but as there's no disgruntled parties (everyone makes a bit more money, attendances now proven not to drop) there's no real incentive.

Is the black-out an actual law, or just a licensing agreement? I think it'll be history relatively soon, anyway. I'm surprised nothing came of the discussion this summer.

*or VPNs have got more sophisticated, of course.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 10:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024