Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive 17:59 - Jul 17 with 2386 viewsBlueBadger

Inlaws retired to the Algarve about 6 years back. Normally we'd book well in advance when we go over but to put not too fine a point on it, Mother in Law is dying and Mrs Badger(in the first instance) needs a semi-reliable and affordable means to get there

Looking for affordable ways to fly to Faro/Lisbon that don't involve ridiculous three figure tickets or really circuitous routes in if anyone has any suggestions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:07 - Jul 17 with 2331 viewsgtsb1966

My mum isn't good. Trying to be positive but.... Good wishes to you and your lady. Can't help with flights obviously but know what your wife is going through.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:26 - Jul 17 with 2277 viewsronnyd

Do Ryan Air still fly to Faro. I used them when wife and i travelled, but, due to her mobility issues, that's a thing of the past. Sorry to hear about your MIL.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:55 - Jul 17 with 2202 viewsjaykay

ryanair to fargo seems to be about £40 .with no luggage no doubt

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:58 - Jul 17 with 2198 viewscatch74

Have you tried skyscanner - if specific dates don’t matter then you can see the best ones to fly on.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:58 - Jul 17 with 2199 viewsWeWereZombies

Had a bit of a shock when I looked at Skyscanner, flights really are pricey at the moment, aren't they ? However, if you can leave it for a couple of weeks or so and are prepared to fly from Birmingham then Easyjet's website might be useful:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights/birmingham/faro

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:00 - Jul 17 with 2178 viewsBlueBadger

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:55 - Jul 17 by jaykay

ryanair to fargo seems to be about £40 .with no luggage no doubt

Have you got a link for that one?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:01 - Jul 17 with 2177 viewseastangliaisblue

Flights have gone up a fair bit for obvious reasons. Are you planning to fly during the school summer holiday? If you are you'll be paying through the nose.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:20 - Jul 17 with 2116 viewsBlueBadger

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:01 - Jul 17 by eastangliaisblue

Flights have gone up a fair bit for obvious reasons. Are you planning to fly during the school summer holiday? If you are you'll be paying through the nose.

Don't really have a lot of option right now, given that it's a family emergency.

Login to get fewer ads

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:21 - Jul 17 with 2111 viewseastangliaisblue

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:20 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Don't really have a lot of option right now, given that it's a family emergency.

Sorry to say you'll be paying more than you want to. Hope everything ends up ok for you.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 20:32 - Jul 17 with 2017 viewsTractorWood

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:58 - Jul 17 by WeWereZombies

Had a bit of a shock when I looked at Skyscanner, flights really are pricey at the moment, aren't they ? However, if you can leave it for a couple of weeks or so and are prepared to fly from Birmingham then Easyjet's website might be useful:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/cheap-flights/birmingham/faro

A buddy is getting married in Italy next year and flights look like £500 for the missus and I. That's before a flat/villa rent, airport parking, car hire and any food.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 20:33]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 21:50 - Jul 17 with 1883 viewseastangliaisblue

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 20:32 - Jul 17 by TractorWood

A buddy is getting married in Italy next year and flights look like £500 for the missus and I. That's before a flat/villa rent, airport parking, car hire and any food.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2022 20:33]

Flights are always way more expensive a year in advance.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 10:07 - Jul 18 with 1679 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 21:50 - Jul 17 by eastangliaisblue

Flights are always way more expensive a year in advance.

Not sure I'd agree. The further ahead you book the cheaper they'll be, especially in the school holidays.

To the OP: Clear all your cookies and search history, and get on Skyscanner. A brief look just now tells me you can get return flights leaving on Friday morning for c. 240 GBP. Not the worst price in an emergency. All the best.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 11:39 - Jul 18 with 1610 viewseastangliaisblue

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 10:07 - Jul 18 by oncebluealwaysblue

Not sure I'd agree. The further ahead you book the cheaper they'll be, especially in the school holidays.

To the OP: Clear all your cookies and search history, and get on Skyscanner. A brief look just now tells me you can get return flights leaving on Friday morning for c. 240 GBP. Not the worst price in an emergency. All the best.

Not on the likes of sky scanner. I tend to search quite often and a year ahead is always more. The sweet spot tends to be between 3-6 months before you fly.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 11:55 - Jul 18 with 1596 viewsIpswichKnight

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 10:07 - Jul 18 by oncebluealwaysblue

Also use incognito mode and if you have it turn on your VPN and pretend to be somewhere else.
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 12:03 - Jul 18 with 1583 viewsAljoBlue

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:20 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

As an alternative look up flights to Seville as its an easy motorway drive across the border to the Algarve.

2 to 3 hour drive depending where in the Algarve you need to be
Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 17:22 - Jul 18 with 1483 viewsWeWereZombies

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 12:03 - Jul 18 by AljoBlue

As an alternative look up flights to Seville as its an easy motorway drive across the border to the Algarve.

2 to 3 hour drive depending where in the Algarve you need to be

Under stressful circumstances taking the coach from Seville to Faro could be a better bet:

https://www.busbud.com/en-gb/bus-schedules-results/eyesxu/eyd6e7?outbound_date=2

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 18:54 - Jul 18 with 1433 viewsjaykay

Travel advice needed from the TWTD massive on 19:00 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Have you got a link for that one?

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/search?tfs=CBwQAhokagcIARIDU1ROEgoyMDIyLTA
round trip in august
i expect that to far away for the wife date wise

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

[Redacted] on 19:17 - Jul 18 with 1416 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024