Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hungary 1-0 England 19:11 - Jun 4 with 1476 viewsGrandpa

Soft penalty decision, but we're told we have all this quality, but I didn't see it. Watching Southgate's England is frustrating, as they look like they're trying to walk the ball in. What ever happened to attacking teams, showing your quality, opening teams up, causing them problems, creating gaps & opportunities, & having a chuffing good crack at goal.
I loved how good a finisher Shearer was, & how creative & exciting to watch we were with the likes of Gazza, Beardsley, Beckham & the like.
I want to see us play like that again. Even if this team gets a result, it's utterly unconvincing.
What say you?
Hungary 1-0 England on 19:15 - Jun 4 with 1447 viewsITFCed

Classic defensive England, if Mount is to play he needs 3 attacking players around him, he can’t be in the front 3 for me. It’s similar to how Town played in March and April, good possession but not enough attacking intent sadly.

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:23 - Jun 4 with 1403 viewsjeera

I'd say England reached a final recently whereas we didn't with the sides you're pining for.

Also England's record has been pretty sound under Southgate.

The players have are off the back of a long domestic season as has been pointed out on the telly box and in truth, this is not a competition any of us have too much feeling for is it?

Although I may be speaking for myself there to be fair.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:31 - Jun 4 with 1365 viewsLeoMuff

Gazza, and Shearer might make the bench under Southgate, Beardsley and Bechkham not even the squad, we have a decent side under Southgate, with the richest vein of talent in my lifetime, now wether he gets as much out of them as he could is debatable, but most of the time especially against the average side we are great to watch

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:43 - Jun 4 with 1326 viewsGrandpa

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:23 - Jun 4 by jeera

I'd say England reached a final recently whereas we didn't with the sides you're pining for.

The players have are off the back of a long domestic season as has been pointed out on the telly box and in truth, this is not a competition any of us have too much feeling for is it?

Like I say, even when this team gets a result, it's unconvincing, it's not usually an exciting watch.
Even though we had that final appearance, even after going 1-0 up, we sat back & invited pressure for the rest of the match & showed no desire to win the game, even at 1-0 up.
Saying our "record" is ok is one thing, but it's the performance that frustrates - watching this England just doesn't excite like it used to
Hungary 1-0 England on 19:44 - Jun 4 with 1324 viewscressi

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:31 - Jun 4 by LeoMuff

Gazza, and Shearer might make the bench under Southgate, Beardsley and Bechkham not even the squad, we have a decent side under Southgate, with the richest vein of talent in my lifetime, now wether he gets as much out of them as he could is debatable, but most of the time especially against the average side we are great to watch

To be fair Yes England never won anything but Spain were a bit special today there is not a stand out team
Hungary 1-0 England on 19:48 - Jun 4 with 1307 viewsjeera

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:43 - Jun 4 by Grandpa

Like I say, even when this team gets a result, it's unconvincing, it's not usually an exciting watch.
Even though we had that final appearance, even after going 1-0 up, we sat back & invited pressure for the rest of the match & showed no desire to win the game, even at 1-0 up.
Saying our "record" is ok is one thing, but it's the performance that frustrates - watching this England just doesn't excite like it used to

No our record isn't just 'ok'.

We got to a flipping final recently which the players you mention didn't.

You're talking about today's one game as though it's indicative of all England's recent displays. It isn't.

That expectations have risen the way they have should tell you that.

Hungary 1-0 England on 20:31 - Jun 4 with 1250 viewsFtnfwest

Didn’t watch much, was concentrating on the cricket tbh but what little I did see wasn’t very good. Hopefully the kick up the backside they need because quite honestly they’re nowhere near as good as they think (including Southgate)
Hungary 1-0 England on 20:36 - Jun 4 with 1240 viewsBloomBlue

But the likes of Gazza and Shearer never reached the final of a tournament, they even had the advantage of playing in a home Euros and still failed to reach the final. I like the excitement but I want us to reach finals
Login to get fewer ads

Hungary 1-0 England on 20:44 - Jun 4 with 1222 viewsLeoMuff

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:43 - Jun 4 by Grandpa

I’m not sure which England team excited you, but we just lost the Euro final on pens, and made the semis of the last WC, this is the most success we have had in my lifetime, and I’m not young!

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hungary 1-0 England on 20:51 - Jun 4 with 1203 viewsjeera

Hungary 1-0 England on 20:44 - Jun 4 by LeoMuff

I’m not sure which England team excited you, but we just lost the Euro final on pens, and made the semis of the last WC, this is the most success we have had in my lifetime, and I’m not young!

It's not difficult is it?

Some people thrive on nostalgia never mind how misguided it is.

Hungary 1-0 England on 09:22 - Jun 5 with 949 viewsVeggie

Isn’t this basically just a friendly with a mostly reserve team being played? Surely no one takes these games seriously do they?
Hungary 1-0 England on 09:24 - Jun 5 with 940 viewsZXBlue

Its a friendly for fs
Hungary 1-0 England on 09:50 - Jun 5 with 900 viewspointofblue

Hungary 1-0 England on 09:24 - Jun 5 by ZXBlue

Its a friendly for fs

I don’t think you can lose points off the back of a friendly; we did yesterday with very tough matches to come.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hungary 1-0 England on 10:05 - Jun 5 with 882 viewsRadlett_blue

Hungary 1-0 England on 19:23 - Jun 4 by jeera

Indeed, a pointless near friendly at the end of a long season. We shouldn't be playing in this so-called competition if they're going to schedule games in the summer.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hungary 1-0 England on 18:12 - Jun 5 with 743 viewsSarge

Hungary 1-0 England on 20:51 - Jun 4 by jeera

It's not difficult is it?

Some people thrive on nostalgia never mind how misguided it is.

You’ve just described UK government policy for the past 6+ years in a single sentence.
Hungary 1-0 England on 19:02 - Jun 5 with 705 viewsZXBlue

Hungary 1-0 England on 09:50 - Jun 5 by pointofblue

I don’t think you can lose points off the back of a friendly; we did yesterday with very tough matches to come.

Was it a qualifier then?

Err no.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024