Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rees-Mogg what a ........ 18:00 - Apr 28 with 2497 viewsHARRY10

Today the stick insect announced that import checks on food would be 'cancelled', as the "government estimates that there would have been a £1bn annual hit to trade."*

However

"There were also concerns that British ports do not have the necessary infrastructure — or veterinary experts — needed for the planned checks, which involve random physical inspections."

Whereas the EU does.

Meaning UK exporters face costs and checks that did not exist pre Brexit. Any wonder firms are continuing to relocate to the EU. Much as NI companies are sourcing goods from the ROI.

* actually, those checks and cost are merely postponed for another 18 months

Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 17:54 - Apr 29 with 593 viewsChurchman

Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 22:15 - Apr 28 by bournemouthblue

So the EU werr prepared and we weren't, despite us initiating Brexit

You can't make it up!
[Post edited 28 Apr 2022 22:16]

This is a link to the BBC article which gives clues to preparedness, but not the full story. While I am now three years out of date, I was heavily involved with working on this and could write the most boring book in the world on it if the law allowed me to do so, so the board is spared!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61259832

In the comment section of the article, reference is made to the digital trade border. This is work I was not involved in, but had some awareness of. The U.K. four years ago had one of the most efficient sets of border controls in the world. In the top half dozen anyway.

However, in an ever changing world it needs to be better. Every country’s does. For particularly small businesses, trading outside the EU at that time was often not cost effective primarily because of endless paper filling/costs. The trick is to ease that with technology and agreements. The economic potential is enormous. It will happen.
Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 20:47 - Apr 29 with 542 viewsHARRY10

"For particularly small businesses, trading outside the EU at that time was often not cost effective primarily because of endless paper filling/costs."

Which now, thanks to Brexit, also applies to EU countries

"The trick is to ease that with technology and agreements. The economic potential is enormous. It will happen. "

No, the trick is to organise yourselves, where there is no need for these checks, technological, or not. We have done just the opposite.

It is accepting within politics and the media that the stick insect is not the brightest. Having been moved sideways by Johnson suggests you are quite far travelled along the road signposted, stupidity.

But I doubt even his most avid detractors could have thought he would be this dumb - he was. Have a read. I doubt even Cpt Mainwarings shout of 'Don't tell him Pike', comes anyway near to what this elongated eejit admitted a couple of days ago

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/29/jacob-rees-mogg-brexit-dis
Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 20:54 - Apr 29 with 538 viewsChurchman

Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 20:47 - Apr 29 by HARRY10

"For particularly small businesses, trading outside the EU at that time was often not cost effective primarily because of endless paper filling/costs."

Which now, thanks to Brexit, also applies to EU countries

"The trick is to ease that with technology and agreements. The economic potential is enormous. It will happen. "

No, the trick is to organise yourselves, where there is no need for these checks, technological, or not. We have done just the opposite.

It is accepting within politics and the media that the stick insect is not the brightest. Having been moved sideways by Johnson suggests you are quite far travelled along the road signposted, stupidity.

But I doubt even his most avid detractors could have thought he would be this dumb - he was. Have a read. I doubt even Cpt Mainwarings shout of 'Don't tell him Pike', comes anyway near to what this elongated eejit admitted a couple of days ago

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/apr/29/jacob-rees-mogg-brexit-dis

So you now brand me with the term stupidity. You actually don’t know me and you don’t know what you are talking about. If you had bothered to read my post you might just have gleaned a little clue that I might just know a little bit more about the mechanics of Brexit, borders and risk than you do.

Please don’t bother to respond. I don’t take kindly to abuse. Div list
Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 21:47 - Apr 29 with 502 viewsGogs

Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 20:54 - Apr 29 by Churchman

So you now brand me with the term stupidity. You actually don’t know me and you don’t know what you are talking about. If you had bothered to read my post you might just have gleaned a little clue that I might just know a little bit more about the mechanics of Brexit, borders and risk than you do.

Please don’t bother to respond. I don’t take kindly to abuse. Div list

Pretty sure he's implying Rees-Mogg is stupid, rather than you. He'd be correct if that is the case.
Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 01:11 - Apr 30 with 467 viewsXYZ

Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 17:54 - Apr 29 by Churchman

This is a link to the BBC article which gives clues to preparedness, but not the full story. While I am now three years out of date, I was heavily involved with working on this and could write the most boring book in the world on it if the law allowed me to do so, so the board is spared!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61259832

In the comment section of the article, reference is made to the digital trade border. This is work I was not involved in, but had some awareness of. The U.K. four years ago had one of the most efficient sets of border controls in the world. In the top half dozen anyway.

However, in an ever changing world it needs to be better. Every country’s does. For particularly small businesses, trading outside the EU at that time was often not cost effective primarily because of endless paper filling/costs. The trick is to ease that with technology and agreements. The economic potential is enormous. It will happen.

Are you with Rees Mogg in estimating this will take 50 years or with other that estimate it will take 100 years?

Economic illiteracy.
Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 08:28 - Apr 30 with 420 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rees-Mogg what a ........ on 16:34 - Apr 29 by HARRY10

This stuff was not so much predicted, as stated. And widely publicised, consistently.

The regulations that were to be got rid of were protection for wages and working conditions. Protections for the environment, beaches, rivers and the air - as they are a drain on the profits of the wealthy via rax. Feaven forbid those causing these problems should be mafe to pay.

And the supposed 'elites' are the doctors, teachers, lawyers, nurses, social workers and all the rest who society depends upon.

Whereas in the upside down lunatic thinking the real wealthy, who alongside Russia (funded brexit) and the Leave campaign, who are the ones we are supposed to believe have the thickos best interest at heart.

This idiocy was seen in France (and elsewhere) in WW2, as ignorant righties joined the Milice and the Charlemagne Division. It was the former who were responsible for arresting Jews and members of the resistance. And a fat lot of food it did them, as most either were summarily shot out of hand, or tried and executed shortly after the war.

That is not to advocate such retribution, but to highlight how such stupidity, as with Brexit, is nothing new. Future generations will look back, as they did in occupied France, and wonder what on earth were they thinking.

It did require some intense political insight to see what the Nazis stood for, nor should it require a masters degree in economics and international trade to grasp that if you pile regulation, checks and costs on to cross border trade it will have an effect. That if you become a '3rd country' you will have the same rules applied as other similar countries.

The concern now, is that by the time thickos grasp the harm that is being caused, the damage will have already been done.

So are you saying that protectionism is fine and dandy as long as you are part of a big enough bloc? Heavens forbid that politically engaged citizens of individual countries, motivated by concern for fellow human beings were to ensure certain basic standards were adhered to without handing these powers to political elites. Now I accept that what I am suggesting might be based on a certain idealism that might even be portrayed as naivety based on current disempowered standards but does it really warrant being compared to a Nazi? The EU were, are and will be a central institution of laissez faire globalism in which crumbs are offered to their populations while allowing corporations to offshore all the nasty stuff. Out of sight, out of mind.....oil and gas from Russia and/or the Middle East anybody?

Anyhow, morning Harry.....enjoy your hard left acquiescence to globalist neo liberalism.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024