Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lucky Lucky Lucky 10:44 - Apr 21 with 884 viewsjayessess

So, from the Gillingham Home Game I've been indulging in some childish superstition, where I wear/use a different Ipswich Town object for each game we play (ranging from replica shirts through scarfs, socks, a mug once).

Now, with our season dead I was trying to decide which object had proven to be the luckiest (the two remaining objects can't be lucky, because there's no fortune in winning a dead rubber).

Going down the list it's hard to pick out many games in which we were genuinely fortunate? We've won games we've deserved to win, we've drawn and lost games we've deserved to win, we've lost/drawn games we deserved to lose/draw. But points we've taken through a bit of good fortune? Thin on the ground for me.

The only exception I can think of is that first one, the Gillingham game, where they were better than us, missed chances and we scored with a half chance.

So, is the object I used for Gillingham the luckiest object? Or was there some other good fortune that I've missed?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lucky Lucky Lucky on 03:35 - Apr 22 with 620 viewsKropotkin123

I don't know, you seem to be equating luck to result > performance. What if we won a game that we would have performed badly in and lost, had you not had a lucky item?

Some allege take we shouldn't have won quite so convincingly against Portsmouth and Wycombe. May those are also in contention and more in line with your original logic.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Lucky Lucky Lucky on 11:26 - Apr 22 with 445 viewsjayessess

Lucky Lucky Lucky on 03:35 - Apr 22 by Kropotkin123

I don't know, you seem to be equating luck to result > performance. What if we won a game that we would have performed badly in and lost, had you not had a lucky item?

Some allege take we shouldn't have won quite so convincingly against Portsmouth and Wycombe. May those are also in contention and more in line with your original logic.

I only started the lucky object round in the Gillingham home game, so Pompey and Wycombe away are too early, unfortunately.

My reasoning that the Gillingham home game is "luckier" than Burton at home (for instance) is that the players and manager can control the performances, so they are beyond the effects of fate!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024