Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Archant have been bought by Newsquest 15:01 - Mar 18 with 1433 viewsSteve_M

Which probably means that their current piss-poor incarnations (ITFC stuff apart) are only going to get worse:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:05 - Mar 18 with 1393 viewsIllinoisblue

Assume more of the popular content - sport and not much else - will become premium content. The EDP budgie version of Stuart Says is already something you have to pay extra for.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:05 - Mar 18 with 1398 viewsfooters

Iirc, isn't Newsquest run out of a central 'hub' somewhere in Wales and don't have dedicated regional reporters for their titles?

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:16 - Mar 18 with 1331 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:05 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

Assume more of the popular content - sport and not much else - will become premium content. The EDP budgie version of Stuart Says is already something you have to pay extra for.

They were trying to charge to read Chris Suttons musings the other day too.

Hardly value for money is it

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:18 - Mar 18 with 1305 viewsFPL_Tractor

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:16 - Mar 18 by BlueandTruesince82

Charge us or we charge them?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 16:12 - Mar 18 with 1157 viewsEastTownBlue

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:05 - Mar 18 by footers

Iirc, isn't Newsquest run out of a central 'hub' somewhere in Wales and don't have dedicated regional reporters for their titles?

I thought that sounded familar from Private Eye over the years. The latest is that the sub-editing transferred from Wales to Weymouth.

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 16:44 - Mar 18 with 1068 viewsSteve_M

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 16:12 - Mar 18 by EastTownBlue

I thought that sounded familar from Private Eye over the years. The latest is that the sub-editing transferred from Wales to Weymouth.

Yes, depressing stuff. Archant have been bad enough given what used to be two strong daily papers in Suffolk is largely reduced to parroting press releases and crime stories and giving Tom Hunt an unchallenged platform but this is a whole level worse.

The decline of local journalism, in turn largely because classified adverts moved to the internet, has been bad for public life and society in this country and bad for democracy.

Edit: To add that I nearly missed the significance of the picture used by the Headington news account there.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2022 19:52]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 17:43 - Mar 18 with 947 viewsIllinoisblue

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 15:16 - Mar 18 by BlueandTruesince82

Sutton is so bad I’m not sure even the talking town lot would have him on

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 19:40 - Mar 18 with 821 viewsBlueBadger

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 17:43 - Mar 18 by Illinoisblue

Sutton is so bad I’m not sure even the talking town lot would have him on

You know that they would. For 'epic bantz'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Archant have been bought by Newsquest on 19:43 - Mar 18 with 814 viewsDJR

That's a shame. I've subscribed to both the Star and Anglian digital editions in the last year in an attempt to keep them going. I think the local coverage is pretty good, and much better than the Mirror-owned local paper where I live, which rarely has any local news.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024