Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colonia Dignidad 15:20 - Feb 21 with 517 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Just finished a Netflix documentary which was both fascinating and a bit frustrating and wondered if anyone else had seen it?

I happened to see the film ‘Colony’ (with Emma Watson) again recently, which is what reminded me of Colonial Dignidad story, so searched for some more info and found this documentary.

The story itself is one that we’ll probably never know the full facts in terms of human rights offences and ties to fleeing Nazis etc. but documentary does cover some of this to some extent
Colonia Dignidad on 16:06 - Feb 21 with 446 viewsBluearmy71

I watched a series called "Hunting Hitler" a few years back, which as the title suggests was about finding Hitler but with the view point of by following routes the people directly under him may have taken to finally settle in South America it would ultimately lead to whereabouts of Hitler himself and Colonia Dignidad kept being mentioned, it was presented by Robert Baer a former CIA agent (I actually like his work, look him up if you wish) Dignidad itself is so secretive its a wonder anyone can get near the place let alone in it, whatever you believe about what happened to Hitler is obv subject to opinion but the series certainly supplied some plausible evidence to suggest that he may well have ended up in South America but like with many things in this world we will never know for sure!
Colonia Dignidad on 19:26 - Feb 21 with 370 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I finally got round to watching Season 2 of Hinting Hitler as I felt like the First season as fantastic as it was, did seem to try to be more dramatic (less balanced) as it went on and it certainly appears filmed with American audiences in mind.

I’ve got up to the point in Season 2 where they go to Villa Baviera (Colonia Dignidad), which was another reason to do a bit more specific reading and research.

How they still ‘operate’ as a community baffles me and how they managed to build a military compound and seemingly go untouched for so long with so little really known about what really goes on there.. the number of escapes was low, but maybe there’s other reasons for that.

Like I say, I think it will never be truly understood what happened there for so long and the untold horror and absurdity will be speculated forever
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024