Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero 05:34 - Feb 12 with 1358 viewsITFC_nostalgia

Ron Gray. Chief Scout extraordinaire.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZ3ZdJKIODc/?utm_medium=copy_link
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 07:16 - Feb 12 with 1289 viewsblueislander

He was indeed very influential, and responsible for bringing some great talent to the club. He helped build a fantastic scouting network.
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 07:32 - Feb 12 with 1263 viewsITFC_nostalgia

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 07:16 - Feb 12 by blueislander

He was indeed very influential, and responsible for bringing some great talent to the club. He helped build a fantastic scouting network.

Not having him in the ITFC Hall of Fame seems an oversight to me.
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 07:37 - Feb 12 with 1250 viewsFixed_It

Probably nearly as instrumental in building our legacy as Sir Bobby was, as recognised by the great man in awarding him a testimonial.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 09:08 - Feb 12 with 1166 viewsElephantintheRoom

Made redundant I believe when the club went full steam ahead onto the rocks

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

[Redacted] on 09:16 - Feb 12 with 1150 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 09:52 - Feb 12 with 1110 viewsPhilTWTD

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 07:32 - Feb 12 by ITFC_nostalgia

Not having him in the ITFC Hall of Fame seems an oversight to me.

It's decided by the Ex-Players' Association. I'll mention it to one of those involved if I remember next time I see one of them.
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 09:56 - Feb 12 with 1099 viewsChurchman

Did a phenomenal amount for Ipswich Town and deserves recognition for it.

My dad knew him reasonably well and reckoned he was a thoroughly nice bloke too.
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 10:06 - Feb 12 with 1079 viewsChurchman

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 09:08 - Feb 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Made redundant I believe when the club went full steam ahead onto the rocks

Ron Gray died at the age of 82 in 2002. He retired in 1987, so I think you need to revisit your latest little bit of bitterness.

But hey, Norwich are doing better. That must please you
Login to get fewer ads

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 20:39 - Feb 13 with 882 viewsITFC_nostalgia

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 09:56 - Feb 12 by Churchman

Did a phenomenal amount for Ipswich Town and deserves recognition for it.

My dad knew him reasonably well and reckoned he was a thoroughly nice bloke too.

I’ve not found anyone who has a bad word to say about him.
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 21:58 - Feb 13 with 826 viewsChurchman

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 20:39 - Feb 13 by ITFC_nostalgia

I’ve not found anyone who has a bad word to say about him.

My dad got to know Ron Gray about the time he retired. He did some professional work for him. The old man in the late 80s and beyond used to snoop in and watch the players train, when he had a bit of time and Mr Gray was often about. I think that’s how they got to know each other.

Regardless of all that, Gray did wonderful things for ITFC - let’s face it if, in the last ten/fifteen years, we’d had anybody fit to wipe his shoes in the scouting role (and a world in which to do it) we wouldn’t be where we are now.

Ron Gray deserves recognition.
A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 10:09 - Feb 14 with 689 viewsborge

A tribute to a (relatively) unsung Ipswich hero on 07:37 - Feb 12 by Fixed_It

Probably nearly as instrumental in building our legacy as Sir Bobby was, as recognised by the great man in awarding him a testimonial.

The testimonial was after Sir Bobby's time. I was just a bit too young for the glory years so the testimonial gave me a chance to see the UEFA cup winning team in action (against England). Remember being impressed with how skillful Alan Brazil was.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024