Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Colin 08:31 - Dec 16 with 840 viewsStewards_Enquiry

I never thought I would say this but those players wouldn’t perform like they have under Warnock ! They are a disgrace some of them ! They don’t deserve to be here and the demolition man will never convince me that Harper Carroll Evans Morsey are better than Downes Bishop and Dozzell !

The club is in an awful position and Ashton has his work cut out to sort this mess out !

In Jan who would take Jackson Burgess Toto Carroll Evans to name a few.

Major overhaul a total failure and now we’re behind where we were last year. Those that still want to back cook look at that shower from last night ! No pride no passion no desire ! Total disgrace

Poll: ARE YOU GOING TO CANCEL YOU DIRECT DEBIT TOMORROW ?

Time for Colin on 08:59 - Dec 16 with 765 viewsBlueandTruesince82

It's painful to contemplate but after last night you have to wonder.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Time for Colin on 09:11 - Dec 16 with 724 views2-5-7

Be my choice with where we are.
However after watching the Sheff Utd. behind the scenes doc I can't see Ashton being willing to butt his ego with Warnocks.

Unfortunately.

Neil Harris not really filling anyone with confidence is he. Is he?
Time for Colin on 09:14 - Dec 16 with 699 viewsstopmoaning

He is definitely what's called for.
Time for Colin on 09:50 - Dec 16 with 642 viewsDeano69

I was rather hoping we would be thinking a bit differently than appointing Warnock.

But now thinking we need a period of consolidation and consistency which there’s a good chance he would bring. Now wondering if he could manage until the end of the season but bring in with him a number 2 that would take over at the end of the season and make Warnock DoF to continue assisting on a ‘advisory’ capacity.

No idea who that number 2 should be mind.

Or we could just keep lurching from one disaster to another until we run out of goodwill and investment.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Time for Colin on 09:52 - Dec 16 with 628 viewsStokieBlue

It's never time for Colin.

It's time for a proper considered approach.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Time for Colin on 10:18 - Dec 16 with 578 viewsfab_lover

What I really don't understand about our current predicament is this, and this is because I am very far indeed from being knowledgeable about football.

We have a squad of players who "on paper" should be performing a lot, lot better.

We're saying that what we need is a manager who can bully / threaten those players into performing.

Those players will have been playing what is essentially the same game for the majority of their lives at this point.

I can understand, as a manager, if you recruit a bunch of people to work on a project, and it's all brand new stuff they've never done before, that no matter what their CV looks like, they need leadership and direction; but this is something those guys have been doing, day in, day out, for the majority of their lives. Sure, if you play someone wholly out of position - make a goalkeeper a striker, or vice-versa, it's going to go wrong. But I don't think that's happening.

I really don't understand how professionals who have been doing the same job all their lives can't do better against opposition like Barrow who are "on paper" so far beneath them, unless it's intentional, and I can't believe it's intentional.

Is what's going to turn this around really someone who gives out the "hair dryer" treatment - because any of us on here could do that. Why is the role of manager / trainer so incredibly crucial to get people to do well the same thing they've been doing for the last decade or more ? Are they all really like children who without a stern teacher won't get their homework done ? What gives ?

Apologies, these are probably very very naive questions, but it genuinely interests me...
Time for Colin on 10:22 - Dec 16 with 552 views_sanctimoanious_

Disagree. A smart, organised manager who can drill this team is what we need. The demand for an old school disciplinarian is understandable but I think that will just alienate the players further. We need brains not brawn.
Time for Colin on 10:26 - Dec 16 with 525 viewsmikeybloo88

Time for Colin on 10:18 - Dec 16 by fab_lover

What I really don't understand about our current predicament is this, and this is because I am very far indeed from being knowledgeable about football.

We have a squad of players who "on paper" should be performing a lot, lot better.

We're saying that what we need is a manager who can bully / threaten those players into performing.

Those players will have been playing what is essentially the same game for the majority of their lives at this point.

I can understand, as a manager, if you recruit a bunch of people to work on a project, and it's all brand new stuff they've never done before, that no matter what their CV looks like, they need leadership and direction; but this is something those guys have been doing, day in, day out, for the majority of their lives. Sure, if you play someone wholly out of position - make a goalkeeper a striker, or vice-versa, it's going to go wrong. But I don't think that's happening.

I really don't understand how professionals who have been doing the same job all their lives can't do better against opposition like Barrow who are "on paper" so far beneath them, unless it's intentional, and I can't believe it's intentional.

Is what's going to turn this around really someone who gives out the "hair dryer" treatment - because any of us on here could do that. Why is the role of manager / trainer so incredibly crucial to get people to do well the same thing they've been doing for the last decade or more ? Are they all really like children who without a stern teacher won't get their homework done ? What gives ?

Apologies, these are probably very very naive questions, but it genuinely interests me...

Maybe it shows that the players who used to play alongside those we signed were the ones responsible for them looking good... we signed all the "stars" without thinking properly of the best mix of players to enable the team to function effectively.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for Colin on 10:30 - Dec 16 with 504 viewsJackSted

Colin would walk all over Ashton and that's not what he wants. He wants a young manager so he can still hold some kind of power over him.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Time for Colin on 10:36 - Dec 16 with 487 viewsLeoMuff

Time for Colin on 10:18 - Dec 16 by fab_lover

Last night it was obvious from minute 10 or earlier we were in big trouble in midfield, not enough bodies or width. The margins between our players and Barrow are not enough to overcome that.

It’s down to the coaches to spot that and switch, not after conceding 2 goals though.
This squad is decent, but they have shown a tendency to switch off and make errors at key times, we don’t know why that is but it was re occurring under Cook. I personally think some thought league 1 is a bit below them and got complacent during games when they dominated early on, but who knows.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Time for Colin on 10:51 - Dec 16 with 450 viewsTooManyPauls

Time for Colin on 10:36 - Dec 16 by LeoMuff

Last night it was obvious from minute 10 or earlier we were in big trouble in midfield, not enough bodies or width. The margins between our players and Barrow are not enough to overcome that.

It’s down to the coaches to spot that and switch, not after conceding 2 goals though.
This squad is decent, but they have shown a tendency to switch off and make errors at key times, we don’t know why that is but it was re occurring under Cook. I personally think some thought league 1 is a bit below them and got complacent during games when they dominated early on, but who knows.

Has Colin ever gone into a club needing to be turned around and done it with the existing players?

I can only think of examples where he has brought in a bunch of workmanlike players that fit his style of play.

As much as some of these players may need bombing out...even some of the new ones....I don't think this is an option right now.

So it's a no from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024