Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months 15:44 - Nov 29 with 3055 viewsElderGrizzly

Just being announced

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 22:15 - Nov 29 with 451 viewsStokieBlue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 21:35 - Nov 29 by pointofblue

Think they've said all along that the vaccines aren't quite as good with Delta as with Alpha or Beta but I think the 'success' percentage for the latter is something ridicuous, like 90%+, whilst with Delta it's in the mid to high 70s. I believe that normal flu vaccines have a 'success' rate of high 60s/low 70s hence there isn't too much concern about the lesser impact on Delta!

Flu vaccines have historically not been as high as that, I think on average they are around 40% with a few outliers at around 60%. That is why the scientists are so happy with the efficacy of the C19 vaccines.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 22:17 - Nov 29 with 449 viewspointofblue

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 22:15 - Nov 29 by StokieBlue

Flu vaccines have historically not been as high as that, I think on average they are around 40% with a few outliers at around 60%. That is why the scientists are so happy with the efficacy of the C19 vaccines.

SB

Thanks SB; I knew C19 vaccines had a much better efficacy than normal flu vaccines.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 04:23 - Nov 30 with 303 viewswitchdoctor

Booster vaccines to be offered after 3 months on 16:02 - Nov 29 by gtsb1966

I've had all three jabs but trying to book a flu jab is almost impossible now. They just haven't got any.

I struggled for a while but eventually got one in Ipswich Asda…
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024