Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Idiots Guide to VPNs 11:34 - Nov 4 with 882 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Morning all

As I have been working from home for the last 18 months and this arrangement is looking increasingly permanent, I decided to upgrade my laptop. I have been given a free trial of an Express VPN.

I’m really not sure whether I need this long term so would appreciate some input. I use the laptop almost exclusively for work, which basically requires me to use a remote log in to access their server. I don’t use it for private browsing so if I use the internet I do it through their system.

That said I did watch the Wycombe game on it and I have read somewhere that a VPN might allow me to access IFollow games which are usually out of bounds.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Poll: Our final position

Idiots Guide to VPNs on 11:59 - Nov 4 with 807 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

If you do not log in to use their server, will the laptop allow you to use the internet through your local connection, or is it locked down until such time that you bring up the VPN to the office?

If its free to use outside of their systems, then a VPN such as Express can be activated with no trouble to allow you to watch iFollow. I cannot endorse Express as its not a provider I have ever used.
Idiots Guide to VPNs on 13:58 - Nov 4 with 701 viewsborge

Works very well for iFollow - Express VPN costs me £75 a year but then enables me to pay €11 a game to watch Town's away games.
Idiots Guide to VPNs on 20:46 - Nov 4 with 546 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Idiots Guide to VPNs on 11:59 - Nov 4 by BlueBlueBluex2

If you do not log in to use their server, will the laptop allow you to use the internet through your local connection, or is it locked down until such time that you bring up the VPN to the office?

If its free to use outside of their systems, then a VPN such as Express can be activated with no trouble to allow you to watch iFollow. I cannot endorse Express as its not a provider I have ever used.

Yes I can access the internet via my Wi-fi.

I think you’ve confirmed what I thought namely that the only point for me to have a VPN would be for IFollow because otherwise my internet use wouldn’t justify the cost

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024