Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VPN 09:12 - Oct 29 with 2883 viewsHarryB

my apologies as i know this has been posted a lot of times but i really want to watch the match on Saturday but have no idea how to do it.
could someone please post a step to step guide off how to do it and which VPN is the cheapest and best to use? thanks very much.
VPN on 09:20 - Oct 29 with 2238 viewsEdwardStone

My experience with a VPN wasn't good

I tried using mine to view a paid-for Tuesday match and it wouldn't stream at all

I contacted the I follow support and they suggested that I clear all cache and cookies and turn off vpn

I did this and it streamed perfectly

A friend suggested that maybe I Follow block some of the more popular vpns

I was using Nord
VPN on 09:21 - Oct 29 with 2216 viewsElderGrizzly

Express VPN is excellent.

Or get yourself a Govt laptop and connect through any country in the world :)
VPN on 09:27 - Oct 29 with 2188 viewsArnieM

I’m thinking of getting the express vpn as will be missing several games from Monday due to an operation. But I’m not sure if it will work as I am already registered with ifollow .

Would I have to re register with ifollow and get a different email address ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

VPN on 09:27 - Oct 29 with 2185 views524hudson

just sent you over a message

"More knowledge is passed by the reading of books than at times the spoken word" Some pissed chap at my local.

VPN on 09:31 - Oct 29 with 2171 viewsRozz

VPN on 09:21 - Oct 29 by ElderGrizzly

Worth noting that I used to use ExpressVPN for work (China travel) and had to switch off to use iFollow as they appeared to have the server IPs blocked. It wouldn't allow me to log in at ITFC and would tell me that access was restricted from this location.

*Just to clarify, this was an ExpressVPN issue not a China issue. Others worked fine.

Not sure if this is still the case, as was a couple of years ago.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 9:32]
VPN on 09:33 - Oct 29 with 2123 viewsElderGrizzly

VPN on 09:31 - Oct 29 by Rozz

Worth noting that I used to use ExpressVPN for work (China travel) and had to switch off to use iFollow as they appeared to have the server IPs blocked. It wouldn't allow me to log in at ITFC and would tell me that access was restricted from this location.

*Just to clarify, this was an ExpressVPN issue not a China issue. Others worked fine.

Weird. ExpressVPN was my go-to in China and is used by my Chinese colleagues too.

Maybe it is dependent on site, but I had no trouble accessing all the usual 'big' sites. Normal routing was through a NYC server.
VPN on 09:37 - Oct 29 with 2096 viewsRozz

VPN on 09:33 - Oct 29 by ElderGrizzly

Weird. ExpressVPN was my go-to in China and is used by my Chinese colleagues too.

Maybe it is dependent on site, but I had no trouble accessing all the usual 'big' sites. Normal routing was through a NYC server.

**EDIT: Information may be outdated - others have said this now works.

Added a note to clarify - it's a superb VPN for China and in general, just appears to be blocked by iFollow.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 14:19]
VPN on 09:39 - Oct 29 with 2076 viewsArnieM

VPN on 09:21 - Oct 29 by ElderGrizzly

Lol … give laptop would sort everything out .

Did you sign up to express vpn for a year or can you do it game by game and then log into ifollow?

Login to get fewer ads

VPN on 09:46 - Oct 29 with 2049 viewsfranz_tyson

Has anyone been successful using a VPN based in the UK for Saturday games? Reading people been successful from abroad and on Tuesdays, but you don’t need a VPN under those circumstances.
VPN on 09:54 - Oct 29 with 1992 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

VPN on 09:20 - Oct 29 by EdwardStone

My experience with a VPN wasn't good

I tried using mine to view a paid-for Tuesday match and it wouldn't stream at all

I contacted the I follow support and they suggested that I clear all cache and cookies and turn off vpn

I did this and it streamed perfectly

A friend suggested that maybe I Follow block some of the more popular vpns

I was using Nord

You don't need a VPN for Tuesday games, they are open to the UK.
VPN on 09:55 - Oct 29 with 1994 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

VPN on 09:46 - Oct 29 by franz_tyson

Has anyone been successful using a VPN based in the UK for Saturday games? Reading people been successful from abroad and on Tuesdays, but you don’t need a VPN under those circumstances.

Have been watching home/away matches for the past three years with a VPN. Sometimes on my latop, other times on my phone or iPad if I am in the pub or out and about.

Works like a dream, £20 a month plus £5 for the VPN.
VPN on 10:40 - Oct 29 with 1879 viewsArnieM

VPN on 09:55 - Oct 29 by BlueBlueBluex2

Have been watching home/away matches for the past three years with a VPN. Sometimes on my latop, other times on my phone or iPad if I am in the pub or out and about.

Works like a dream, £20 a month plus £5 for the VPN.

Which vpn? Just reading around the various ones lol as want to watch Saturday games

VPN on 11:02 - Oct 29 with 1843 viewsGavTWTD

VPN on 09:31 - Oct 29 by Rozz

Most VPNs would allow you to change your location/IP. Were all "locations" blocked? If you use a VPN then you are likely to be blocked at some point, especially if specific ones are discussed on a forum.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

VPN on 11:03 - Oct 29 with 1833 viewsWestover

I watch on Ifollow so no problem for the games but my partner would like to watch ITV hub and the other British channels on her tablet while I'm watching sport, I bought Express but that didn't work I live in Portugal any one know of one that works ?
VPN on 11:23 - Oct 29 with 1769 viewsRozz

VPN on 11:02 - Oct 29 by GavTWTD

Most VPNs would allow you to change your location/IP. Were all "locations" blocked? If you use a VPN then you are likely to be blocked at some point, especially if specific ones are discussed on a forum.

All* locations for Express were blocked. I think they had a crackdown and a load of major VPN providers were blacklisted, as I seem to remember discussion online about which of the more minor providers still worked.

*I didn't actually try every single server, but yeah.

A lot of overlap as I had to find one that worked in China and worked on iFollow.

No doubt they will continue to block those that are publicised, as you suggest.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 11:27]
VPN on 11:26 - Oct 29 with 1754 viewsRozz

VPN on 11:03 - Oct 29 by Westover

I watch on Ifollow so no problem for the games but my partner would like to watch ITV hub and the other British channels on her tablet while I'm watching sport, I bought Express but that didn't work I live in Portugal any one know of one that works ?

You would have to change your IP location on expressVPN to the UK to access BBC, ITV etc.
VPN on 11:51 - Oct 29 with 1694 viewsWestover

VPN on 11:26 - Oct 29 by Rozz

You would have to change your IP location on expressVPN to the UK to access BBC, ITV etc.

Yes I did that but it didn't work the funny thing is although I no longer have a VPN I can watch the Irish tv on RTE player.
VPN on 11:58 - Oct 29 with 1673 viewsitfc56

VPN on 11:26 - Oct 29 by Rozz

I use Express VPN which works in France in Safari on my laptop for BBC, Sky and other sites but it often doesn't work on equivalent apps on iPad or iPhone. At home in UK I can use it to watch iFollow via overseas server on laptop but again not on the app. My assumption is that this is because some apps eg BBC iPlayer will only work with location services enabled on the iPad and IPhone, and this will show location of the equipment irrespective of server location. I must admit because thus far I've always have option to use the laptop I haven't tried using iPad browser instead of Apps but that may get over the problem. It is also of course true that content providers are getting more sophisticated in blocking VPN traffic.
VPN on 12:01 - Oct 29 with 1665 viewsBarcaBlue

VPN on 11:03 - Oct 29 by Westover

Have a look at channelhopper for watching UK TV in Portugal. It's not a vpn as such so wouldn't help for anyone wanting help with ifollow. It would allow your wife to access itvhub etc. I've been using it for years and is extremely stable.
VPN (n/t) on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 1608 viewsDennyx4

VPN on 09:37 - Oct 29 by Rozz

**EDIT: Information may be outdated - others have said this now works.

Added a note to clarify - it's a superb VPN for China and in general, just appears to be blocked by iFollow.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 14:19]

[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 12:21]
VPN on 12:21 - Oct 29 with 1592 viewsSamWhiteUK

I use NordVPN and my brother uses ExpressVPN. No problems with either.
VPN on 12:30 - Oct 29 with 1561 viewsSevenT8

I haven’t used iFollow before. I am going to be using a VPN. When initially registering for iFollow, do I need to use an overseas post code and mobile number in order to watch overseas content?

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

VPN on 12:38 - Oct 29 with 1538 viewsRozz

VPN on 11:58 - Oct 29 by itfc56

I use Express VPN which works in France in Safari on my laptop for BBC, Sky and other sites but it often doesn't work on equivalent apps on iPad or iPhone. At home in UK I can use it to watch iFollow via overseas server on laptop but again not on the app. My assumption is that this is because some apps eg BBC iPlayer will only work with location services enabled on the iPad and IPhone, and this will show location of the equipment irrespective of server location. I must admit because thus far I've always have option to use the laptop I haven't tried using iPad browser instead of Apps but that may get over the problem. It is also of course true that content providers are getting more sophisticated in blocking VPN traffic.

Interesting, and good point re mobile devices. Could even be an Apple specific issue, as I've not come across this on my (Android) phone.
VPN on 12:49 - Oct 29 with 1509 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

VPN on 12:30 - Oct 29 by SevenT8

I haven’t used iFollow before. I am going to be using a VPN. When initially registering for iFollow, do I need to use an overseas post code and mobile number in order to watch overseas content?

No, although I did use a fictional overseas address 'just to make sure'
VPN on 13:04 - Oct 29 with 1480 viewsWestover

VPN on 12:01 - Oct 29 by BarcaBlue

Have a look at channelhopper for watching UK TV in Portugal. It's not a vpn as such so wouldn't help for anyone wanting help with ifollow. It would allow your wife to access itvhub etc. I've been using it for years and is extremely stable.

I can't do that because on the other TV I have all channels through the internet and I do get some buffering and anything else would mess mine up I would think, she does have ITV and BBC in mono through a dish by picture is bad at night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024