Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Other fan bases 07:47 - Aug 19 with 2774 viewsCornishMariner

There is a lot of mud being slung between different posters about our fan base at the moment - too critical, not critical enough blah blah so I did some research on the 5 championship teams that lost last night.

No surprises (1) - every team had at least one poster calling for the manager to go. Notts Forest was strongest but they are also doing the worst so far but even Middlesbrough were not immune.
No surprises (2) - every team had several posters criticising managerial decisions.
No surprises (3) - every team had posters asking for patience
No surprises (4) - every team had several posters criticising individual players
No surprises (5) - every team had posters calling for fans to get behind the team
No surprises (6) - Some teams also criticised the owners
No surprises (7) - every team had posters from other clubs taking delight at their loss

So ITFC is really no different to any other club. Football is a bit of a pantomime that provides a distraction for many and social media a platform for a few wannabe Piers Morgans. We win everything is good about the world, we lose and the blame game starts.

Some fans like the pantomime element, others seem to get upset by it. The trick with all social media and forums is to realise that you are in control of what you read: not every thread/post has to be read, mute/block/ignore buttons are available. If its analysis you want, wait at least 24 hours after the match and know the 4-5 accounts that can do this.

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

So you are giving him another.... on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 384 viewsMediocre_Quick

So you are giving him another.... on 11:42 - Aug 19 by Bloots

....3 or 4 matches, before you think the club might need to make a change?

I'll put you down in the "hysterical" column then.

You say that, I'm firmly sticking with the process, but managers have been sacked by clubs after less
Other fan bases on 12:02 - Aug 19 with 384 viewsHerbivore

Other fan bases on 10:38 - Aug 19 by Mediocre_Quick

Its funny, because if we had started as strongly as we had the last few years, it would be a different atmosphere on here, but we start poorly with a new squad and suddenly its not good enough etc,

Our fanbase is a joke sometimes and so fickle

Yeah, really strange that fans are happier when their team is winning games. What a weird bunch!

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Other fan bases on 12:04 - Aug 19 with 379 viewsArnieM

Other fan bases on 08:26 - Aug 19 by MattinLondon

Strange how many posters and fans now ridicule others for cheering the team after relegation - didn’t really hear that many at the time.

It’s almost as if they are trying to revise the past.

I quite like the song. Everyone joins in . If the poster who posted he doesn’t like it , that’s fine , that’s his prerogative, all I did was suggest he come with another song which might catch on . Can’t see the problem with that ….

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

So you are giving him another.... on 12:23 - Aug 19 with 355 viewsHerbivore

So you are giving him another.... on 12:02 - Aug 19 by Mediocre_Quick

You say that, I'm firmly sticking with the process, but managers have been sacked by clubs after less

I don't think anyone is questioning the regime though and ironically you're talking about giving Cook less time than most of us 'hysterical' fans would be prepared to give him.

So you are giving him another.... on 12:52 - Aug 19 with 328 viewsMediocre_Quick

So you are giving him another.... on 12:23 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone is questioning the regime though and ironically you're talking about giving Cook less time than most of us 'hysterical' fans would be prepared to give him.

Where did I explicitly say the manager needed changing? I said maybe a change needs to be made? Formation, playing style, maybe an assistant manager, but you've jumped heavily to a conclusion I'm saying Cook should be sacked
So you are giving him another.... on 12:57 - Aug 19 with 323 viewsHerbivore

So you are giving him another.... on 12:52 - Aug 19 by Mediocre_Quick

Where did I explicitly say the manager needed changing? I said maybe a change needs to be made? Formation, playing style, maybe an assistant manager, but you've jumped heavily to a conclusion I'm saying Cook should be sacked

You sound hysterical, mate.

So you are giving him another.... on 13:09 - Aug 19 with 309 viewsMediocre_Quick

So you are giving him another.... on 12:57 - Aug 19 by Herbivore

You sound hysterical, mate.

If making valid points makes me 'hystercal' then yeah, cool, whatever
Other fan bases on 13:20 - Aug 19 with 283 viewsMattinLondon

Other fan bases on 12:04 - Aug 19 by ArnieM

I quite like the song. Everyone joins in . If the poster who posted he doesn’t like it , that’s fine , that’s his prerogative, all I did was suggest he come with another song which might catch on . Can’t see the problem with that ….

I like that song as well but you can’t please everyone.

On a side note, I do wonder if Blue Action ever think ‘what’s the point? They get criticism for singing songs (for not being Ipswich enough) and then they get criticism for banners which are easy to attack (using hindsight).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024