Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Utd 16-17 01:42 - Aug 18 with 1022 viewsketton_itfc

Lost 4 and drew 1 of there first five League and League Cup games. Ended up runaway champions.

As disappointing as tonight and the start of the season has been, we need to keep the faith and swallow that patience pill, as bitter as it tastes.
Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 02:26 - Aug 18 with 962 viewsStenvict

It would be peak Banter Era if after looking at all these teams like Sheff Utd in 16/17 and Blackpool/Oxford last year, it doesn't happen to us and we stay bottom half of the table for the rest of the season.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:04 - Aug 18 with 701 viewsArnieM

Sadly these facts will have little impact on the morons that are hell bent on causing unrest amongst the ranks . I’ll guarantee you there will shouts off “ Cook out” on Saturday . Some Town fans are that shallow, ignorant of the game, and just plain pathetic as you’ll see in the sport. They don’t deserve the awesome take over we’ve just had, or the collection of very talented group of players we’ve had at this club got over a decade .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 691 viewstimothyeo

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:04 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

Sadly these facts will have little impact on the morons that are hell bent on causing unrest amongst the ranks . I’ll guarantee you there will shouts off “ Cook out” on Saturday . Some Town fans are that shallow, ignorant of the game, and just plain pathetic as you’ll see in the sport. They don’t deserve the awesome take over we’ve just had, or the collection of very talented group of players we’ve had at this club got over a decade .

I've not heard any 'morons' shout Cook Out.

I've seen posters with clearly more football knowledge than yourself criticise some poor decisions over the past 6 months whilst Cook has been in charge, as well as a couple of poor decisions which is in the new owners court.

How do you know the takeover is 'awesome'? I bet you said the same about Evans' takeover. We really don't know at this stage.
Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:11 - Aug 18 with 675 viewsArnieM

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:07 - Aug 18 by timothyeo

I've not heard any 'morons' shout Cook Out.

I've seen posters with clearly more football knowledge than yourself criticise some poor decisions over the past 6 months whilst Cook has been in charge, as well as a couple of poor decisions which is in the new owners court.

How do you know the takeover is 'awesome'? I bet you said the same about Evans' takeover. We really don't know at this stage.

Give it time, those “ knowledgeable fans” will be belting it out. Maybe if these knowledgable fans actually understood that it takes time for players to forge partnerships / understanding on the pitch. And by time I mean several months , not THREE games ( laughable really!) for this to develop . So maybe I and many others “ know/ understand” more about team sport than you give us credit for .

The three scrabarios as I see them are this.

The manager comes in , and immediately the “ awesome” there game “ run” came to an end from the fantastic performing squad of 45players who had achieved goalies every year for the previous three seasons under Lambert. Cook came in full of enthusiasm to finish the season and get promoted - what happens? the players down tools . Can’t pass to a Blue shirt , kick the ball out if the ground from corner kicks etc . They’re supposed to be professionals !

Cook is left with no choice but to clear the lot out - a long overdue action IMO. He had now brought in a complete new squad , and some fans are expecting immediate success. This shows disrespect to opponents (who are no mugs) and is IMO unrealistic.

On the question if the take over , I’d say at this point it does appear to be awesome . They are putting their money where their mouth is , but I’ll agree with you it’s too early to judge really . But strange how it’s too early to tell if the take over is good and we should view with caution and given the time to prove themselves…. But the team , and the manager for some reason has to produce instantly ?!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:20]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:20 - Aug 18 with 631 viewstimothyeo

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:11 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

Give it time, those “ knowledgeable fans” will be belting it out. Maybe if these knowledgable fans actually understood that it takes time for players to forge partnerships / understanding on the pitch. And by time I mean several months , not THREE games ( laughable really!) for this to develop . So maybe I and many others “ know/ understand” more about team sport than you give us credit for .

The three scrabarios as I see them are this.

The manager comes in , and immediately the “ awesome” there game “ run” came to an end from the fantastic performing squad of 45players who had achieved goalies every year for the previous three seasons under Lambert. Cook came in full of enthusiasm to finish the season and get promoted - what happens? the players down tools . Can’t pass to a Blue shirt , kick the ball out if the ground from corner kicks etc . They’re supposed to be professionals !

Cook is left with no choice but to clear the lot out - a long overdue action IMO. He had now brought in a complete new squad , and some fans are expecting immediate success. This shows disrespect to opponents (who are no mugs) and is IMO unrealistic.

On the question if the take over , I’d say at this point it does appear to be awesome . They are putting their money where their mouth is , but I’ll agree with you it’s too early to judge really . But strange how it’s too early to tell if the take over is good and we should view with caution and given the time to prove themselves…. But the team , and the manager for some reason has to produce instantly ?!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:20]

Of course it takes time to gel. But even with very simple coaching instructions in a basic formation, returning to shape quickly when losing possession etc should be enough for us to utilise individual quality to win against these sides.

Cook has delivered absolutely nothing in six months.
Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:31 - Aug 18 with 595 viewsDanTheMan

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:04 - Aug 18 by ArnieM

You say "these facts" as if it's a guarantee that a poor start becomes a great season.

Looking back just through the League One seasons, it is incredibly rare for a team that does badly at the start to go on and storm the league. Now we are in an interesting position having built a very good team but if we're talking about facts, going on outliers instead of the norm is a weird way of looking at things.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:35 - Aug 18 with 583 viewsHerbivore

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:31 - Aug 18 by DanTheMan

You say "these facts" as if it's a guarantee that a poor start becomes a great season.

Looking back just through the League One seasons, it is incredibly rare for a team that does badly at the start to go on and storm the league. Now we are in an interesting position having built a very good team but if we're talking about facts, going on outliers instead of the norm is a weird way of looking at things.

And making wholesale changes doesn't mean having to start badly either. It didn't for Lincoln last season. This season Wigan are on 4 points from their 3 games after a pretty sizeable shake up and they've played Wycombe, Rotherham, and Sunderland, not Morecambe, Burton, and Cheltenham.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:38 - Aug 18 with 569 viewsElderGrizzly

Sheffield Utd 16-17 on 09:35 - Aug 18 by Herbivore

And making wholesale changes doesn't mean having to start badly either. It didn't for Lincoln last season. This season Wigan are on 4 points from their 3 games after a pretty sizeable shake up and they've played Wycombe, Rotherham, and Sunderland, not Morecambe, Burton, and Cheltenham.

Even Cook said the changes were no excuse for the results so far. He has to say that to some degree, but it is an excuse that only takes you so far.

Having lots of changes doesn't mean you can't defend a throw in. It's simple stuff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024