Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else getting nervous? 15:29 - Jul 11 with 717 viewsNorthstandoldie

It's strange but I don't think I've ever been so nervous before a football match, even Town games. I think I watched the 1966 world cup final (I was 7 so memories are vague) and in the 78 cup final I was more excited than nervous as we were not expected to win.
1981 was different for a couple of reasons: 1. It was over 2 legs so if the first leg didn't go to plan there was another game to put it right and 2. With the team we had I was ultra confident we would win even if our results up to the final had not been that great.
The 2000 play off victory was meh to me as my mum died a week before the game and I wasn't on planet earth... I gave my tickets away and half watched it on tv. Even the 'Reuser-Premiership' moment was greeted with a semi clenched fist and a muffled 'yes'.
This is different though, it might be that it will probably be the last major final I'll see England participate in, I just don't know why but I'm getting really worked up about it all lol.
Anyone else getting nervous? on 15:54 - Jul 11 with 662 viewsnorth_stand77

I understand your 'pain'. I've had butterflies all week and have been doing various tasks today to distract me!

Like you, I've waited a long time as was only 8 for 1966 world cup.

Think I'll pour myself a little brandy to calm the nerves!!
Anyone else getting nervous? on 16:12 - Jul 11 with 625 viewswoodbridge_blue

I understand that, but I'm nowhere near as nervous as I have been before any number of Town games , particularly those where something crucial was on the line.

Sadly, this may not resonate with anyone under 30 as you can count the crucial games Town have had in the last couple of decades in single figures
Anyone else getting nervous? on 16:14 - Jul 11 with 616 viewsOsborneOneNil

I feel quite relaxed.

I was extremely nervous before and during the semi.
Anyone else getting nervous? on 16:15 - Jul 11 with 614 viewsCaptainAhab

Yep very nervous! Although possibly less so than the Germany game and the semi-finall, it feels like we've accomplished something just by getting to the final. I think I'd have been far more gutted to lose either of those games. (I am aware, of course, that I'm talking absolute rubbish in a futile bid at self-preservation)
Let's just try and enjoy it eh, been a long time coming!
Anyone else getting nervous? on 16:21 - Jul 11 with 594 viewswrightsrightglove

To be fair I’ve felt more nervous before our previous couple of games. To me it’s got an air of the play off final today, that it’s just our year and it’s meant to be. Hopefully I’m right, but either way they’ve done themselves and the country proud.
Anyone else getting nervous? on 16:33 - Jul 11 with 575 viewsRyorry

I'm more worried that Wembley will turn out to be a superspreader tbh, hope they have some sort of additional ventilation system - I imagine what might come through the roof on a still day won't be much & will just circle round rather than exiting back through roof. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone else getting nervous? on 16:39 - Jul 11 with 551 viewsTomTheWriter

Honestly, no. I'm 22, so I've never seen England have 'success' as it were, but truthfully I'm not that fussed what happens with international games. Group stage games were slightly stressful, but nothing mind-blowing. The Germany game was probably the most nervous I've been this tournament.

Ukraine was a cake-walk, and honestly the semi-final didn't give me any kind of stress or anger because England weren't supposed to reach that stage. France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal all having 'stronger' teams on paper, filled with winners. We have Sheff Utd, West Brom, Villa, Leeds players who don't know what a trophy is.

When Kane scored the pen, I didn't really react. The final tonight will be fun to watch, but win or lose my main focus will be how Ipswich Town navigate the next few weeks. I can guarantee a play off final or final-day promotion game will have my 1000% more nervous than a England match in a final.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Anyone else getting nervous? on 17:03 - Jul 11 with 506 viewsChondzoresk

I’m more worried/nervous about the aftermath of this game. Win fans will go mental, lose fans will go mental. Plus the spread of the delta variant. Relaxed about the game tho.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else getting nervous? on 17:09 - Jul 11 with 494 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Not yet.
I’ve been confident England will win the tournament since we beat Croatia in the first game.

Was a nervous chappy for the last bit of the Denmark game and I’m sure it’s going to kick in nearer 8 o’clock, but having been disappointed so many times in the past, this time, more than any other time, we’ll get it right.
There’s a song in there somewhere

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anyone else getting nervous? on 17:19 - Jul 11 with 473 viewsBloomBlue

I was in the semi but no nerves today same as when Town won the FA cup, no nerves as I couldn't see anything other than a Town win, same tonight i cannot see anything other than an England win
Anyone else getting nervous? on 18:06 - Jul 11 with 424 viewsThe_Major

England score tonight, and I expect I'll go "Yes" and there may even be a Chambers-style fist pump.

Town go into the lead against Morecambe in four weeks, I'll yell the building down before running around like a dervish (Clothes may be optional)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024