Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) 18:23 - May 5 with 1863 viewsdominiciawful

What is the actual capacity of Portman Road these days? With the seats having been taken out under the scoreboard in the corner, I'm fairly sure we aren't above 30,000 now. I know it's been mentioned on here once or twice before.

Also, do we know the capacities of each stand?

Cheers.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 18:25 - May 5 with 1843 viewsPhilTWTD

You're right, it's dipped under 30,000 I think but never seen a revised figure. Similarly don't know each stand's capacity.
F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 18:28 - May 5 with 1812 viewsdominiciawful

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 18:25 - May 5 by PhilTWTD

You're right, it's dipped under 30,000 I think but never seen a revised figure. Similarly don't know each stand's capacity.

Thanks for the response.

I do wonder why they decided to take those seats out when they did seeing as they had been there for a long time. The new South Stand was built over a decade before they took them out. I doubt there was a huge rise in people throwing objects all of a sudden?...
[Post edited 5 May 2021 18:29]

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 18:42 - May 5 with 1709 viewsxrayspecs

We had 29k for the Norwich play off semi final in 2015, which I suspect is the last proper sell out at PR. The Norwich attendance could have been higher as IIRC some seats around the Norwich fans were not used.

Removing the seats at the front of Churchmans would cut the capacity by a few hundred. We also do not seem to be using the Cobbold lower tier seats in front of the North Stand either, not sure when they were decommissioned.

So I suspect the current capacity is just under 30k. This includes circa 2k restricted view seats at the back of the Cobbold and Coop stands that only go on sale if all others have been sold.

I do not know exact numbers but the capacity of the North, Cobbold and Churchmans is around 7000 per stand and the Coop is about 9000.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 18:46]
F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 20:49 - May 5 with 1439 viewsDinnernotTea

29,500 I think.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 21:27 - May 5 with 1299 viewsBecclesITFC

If I was the majority shareholder / owner of a football club and my business was in the public eye, I would be embarrassed by the way that looks. Why has it been left like that, It's disgusting, an eyesore facing the cameras.

Sorry everyone, i know a lot of people couldn't care less, but this sort of thing really irritates me. It's a clear visible thing, which highlights, in my opinion, the typical neglect of this football club.

Even for health and safety reasons you couldn't sell tickets there, you would at least put the seats back, or put something there to smarten it up a bit.
It is such a simple thing to do and wouldn't take too much. Tiny bit of imagination maybe.
Grrrrr

Maybe i'm being silly, but IMO you have got to attract fans in other ways, not just what's on the pitch.

Club is a complete and utter mess.
F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 21:34 - May 5 with 1266 viewsdeano85

Humour me, why was the seats taken out of the corner??
F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 21:38 - May 5 with 1256 viewsFixed_It

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 21:34 - May 5 by deano85

To make way for our new, colourful, all-singing, all-dancing, giant TV screen.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:39 - May 5 with 1246 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:43 - May 5 with 1225 viewsFixed_It

Ready! Steady! Cook!

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 23:20 - May 5 with 1054 viewsPhilTWTD

F.A.O. Mr Ham (or anybody who knows) on 21:38 - May 5 by Fixed_It

To make way for our new, colourful, all-singing, all-dancing, giant TV screen.

Might well be one of those come August!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024