Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pompy highlights 06:16 - Mar 27 with 1226 viewschrismakin

Can someone with much better eyesight than me, look back at Pompys 2nd goal and confirm which of our midfielders stopped and didn't track the runner leading upto the first cross from the left in the run up to their goal. I think it's bish, but can't tell for sure, but who ever it was, I hope theyve been shown the video, as if they had tracked the runner, the cross wouldn't have taken place. it's interesting when you watch goals again and don't look at the obvious at the time (In this case, the ball going out of play/didn't go out of play, you see a much wider picture of where goals against come from.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pompy highlights on 06:59 - Mar 27 with 1139 viewsWD19

It will have been Skuse fault......
Pompy highlights on 07:04 - Mar 27 with 1127 viewsFixed_It

Pompy highlights on 06:59 - Mar 27 by WD19

It will have been Skuse fault......

Good morning, Mach.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Pompy highlights on 07:33 - Mar 27 with 1075 viewsMrTown

Douglas.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Pompy highlights on 07:41 - Mar 27 with 1048 viewshoppy

Pompy highlights on 07:33 - Mar 27 by MrTown

Douglas.

Give him a chance... he’d only just got UP the pitch.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pompy highlights (n/t) on 07:59 - Mar 27 with 1008 viewsmoscow2000

Pompy highlights on 08:05 - Mar 27 with 996 viewsmoscow2000

No it was Edwards
He could easily got back in my opinion
Too many Town players not putting the effort in to get back behind the ball when we don’t have it
Hopefully Paul Cook will weed out those who clearly could work harder
I think this league is all about stamina rather than skill
Pompy highlights on 08:09 - Mar 27 with 989 viewschrismakin

Pompy highlights on 08:05 - Mar 27 by moscow2000

No it was Edwards
Too many Town players not putting the effort in to get back behind the ball when we don’t have it

Really annoying when you watch it back, such a simple goal to stop with just a bit of effort.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Pompy highlights on 08:16 - Mar 27 with 984 viewsjayessess

You mean, who's tracking Jacobs (24) before he plays in Curtis (11) for the cross? It's Bishop who is a few yards behind him when the clip starts, but he's already too far behind him to recover really.

Whether he's supposed to be closer to Jacobs when the move starts, I don't know.

Can't say anyone is covering themselves in glory there, really. Edwards and Chambers get attracted to the same man, Nsiala commits himself and makes it easy for Jacobs and Curtis, Wilson and Nsiala are miles from each other, there's so many bodies but Curtis squeezes a low ball past, Ward's not looked over his shoulder, Dozzell might react a bit quicker to the rebound etc.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 8:17]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Pompy highlights on 08:18 - Mar 27 with 969 viewsbobbyramsey

No it was Edwards

Football is football at whatever level you sit. If you don't do the basics properly you'll get beaten.

......and don't mention stamina, most of our players think they're too good for that "base level" and that their superoir skills levels are enough. They're all superstars don't you know....
Pompy highlights on 08:21 - Mar 27 with 958 viewschrismakin

Pompy highlights on 08:16 - Mar 27 by jayessess

You mean, who's tracking Jacobs (24) before he plays in Curtis (11) for the cross? It's Bishop who is a few yards behind him when the clip starts, but he's already too far behind him to recover really.

Whether he's supposed to be closer to Jacobs when the move starts, I don't know.

Can't say anyone is covering themselves in glory there, really. Edwards and Chambers get attracted to the same man, Nsiala commits himself and makes it easy for Jacobs and Curtis, Wilson and Nsiala are miles from each other, there's so many bodies but Curtis squeezes a low ball past, Ward's not looked over his shoulder, Dozzell might react a bit quicker to the rebound etc.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 8:17]

That's the one, have a look at the slightly extended version of highlights, he's alot closer than it appears on the ones on the home page. That's what made me think of how easy that goal should have been stopped.

Looking at it, Bish isn't aware of what's around him, had he been closer to Jacobs, Nsiala wouldn't have had to commit and could have looked after curtis etc etc

Such small things
[Post edited 27 Mar 2021 8:23]

Pompy highlights on 08:47 - Mar 27 with 887 viewsBondiBlue

Pompy highlights on 08:18 - Mar 27 by bobbyramsey

Football is football at whatever level you sit. If you don't do the basics properly you'll get beaten.

......and don't mention stamina, most of our players think they're too good for that "base level" and that their superoir skills levels are enough. They're all superstars don't you know....

We need some players who are excited to play for Ipswich and that might mean deliberately ignoring championship reserves like Harrop and Thomas in the summer. Ironically now would be a much better time to go and sign Toto, Nolan, edwards, Jackson and Donacien.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Pompy highlights on 08:57 - Mar 27 with 859 viewshoppy

No it was Edwards

Did he have a sudden revelation that he wasn’t a footballer, and so stopped?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Pompy highlights on 10:40 - Mar 27 with 725 viewspointofblue

Pompy highlights on 08:47 - Mar 27 by BondiBlue

We need some players who are excited to play for Ipswich and that might mean deliberately ignoring championship reserves like Harrop and Thomas in the summer. Ironically now would be a much better time to go and sign Toto, Nolan, edwards, Jackson and Donacien.

Yes, because Nsiala, Edwards, Nolan and Jackson look absolutely thrilled to play for us.

Donacien, admittedly, has never been given a chance.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024