Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration 14:01 - Mar 10 with 1616 viewsLord_Lucan

Need SAGE 50 to capture orders from website for auto invoicing, count stock etc, customers when logged in to website need to be able to order and view their account history etc.

Getting a bit bogged down with this. I have one quote but it seems excessive.

Could switch from SAGE to XERO if it helps.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 23:37 - Mar 10 with 1539 viewstopshout

Hi,

I don't know about Open-cart but use Sage 50 daily.
I found this which says it does what you want at a cost of $59.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=marketplace/extension/info&extensio

Worth a look but I have not used it so can't comment on the quality of it.
Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 09:00 - Mar 11 with 1463 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 23:37 - Mar 10 by topshout

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Actually I saw that and that was when I realised I might be back to square 1 and to seek further advice as the quote I have is £2,500 start up fee and then £150 per month.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 10:45 - Mar 11 with 1416 viewsipswich78

Sage 50/200 is actually quite an archaic piece of Accounts software as in most instances it needs to be hosted locally and therein lies the challenge / cost of integration.

Depending on your needs you might be better off looking at one of the cloud hosted Accountancy packages, I 'think' Sage does offer one but the likes of Xero are streets ahead if you only need simple things like you've outlined for out of the box integration.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 10:58 - Mar 11 with 1401 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 10:45 - Mar 11 by ipswich78

Sage 50/200 is actually quite an archaic piece of Accounts software as in most instances it needs to be hosted locally and therein lies the challenge / cost of integration.

Depending on your needs you might be better off looking at one of the cloud hosted Accountancy packages, I 'think' Sage does offer one but the likes of Xero are streets ahead if you only need simple things like you've outlined for out of the box integration.

Sage is cloud hosted.

You say "Simple things" but I don't think it is that simple, hence the price I was quoted. Maybe I haven't explained myself properly.

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:03 - Mar 11 with 1396 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 23:37 - Mar 10 by topshout

Hi,

That looks a good bet, but it would be nice if it had a few reviews.

Lucan, does your quote basically offer to the same as the linked plugin and how do they explain the 150 a month on-going? Tell me to mind my own by all means - just intrigued.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 11:04]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:12 - Mar 11 with 1361 viewsBarcaBlue

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 09:00 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks for that.

Actually I saw that and that was when I realised I might be back to square 1 and to seek further advice as the quote I have is £2,500 start up fee and then £150 per month.

Might he worth posting the job on a freelancer site like guru.com or elance.com as that price does sound steep.

When I worked in software I used both quite a lot, just need to be careful who you hire of course.
Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:21 - Mar 11 with 1334 viewsBeckets

I’m involved in a bookkeeping company which does integrations, ongoing bookkkeeping, VAT returns etc. We do however only work with Xero customers. Biased of course but I think it’s a superior product to Sage. Happy to give you a link to our website if you want to check it out.
Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:21 - Mar 11 with 1334 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:03 - Mar 11 by giant_stow

That looks a good bet, but it would be nice if it had a few reviews.

Lucan, does your quote basically offer to the same as the linked plugin and how do they explain the 150 a month on-going? Tell me to mind my own by all means - just intrigued.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 11:04]

This is the thing, we would fall into the £150 month slot as this platform is only B to B.

https://www.50ecom.com/pricing/

I don't mind the set up cost but I'm starting to get too many £xxx per month costs coming in from all angles and I wonder what is the difference of a £50 app and a £2,500 set up plus £150 per month

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:34 - Mar 11 with 1307 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:21 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

This is the thing, we would fall into the £150 month slot as this platform is only B to B.

https://www.50ecom.com/pricing/

I don't mind the set up cost but I'm starting to get too many £xxx per month costs coming in from all angles and I wonder what is the difference of a £50 app and a £2,500 set up plus £150 per month

Know what you mean about the monthlies all adding up. From the other end, its the golden egg (edit, did I mean Goose?) of course and one I try and push to my punters!

On a quick look, it looks like if you used this, you'd be ditching opencart and jumping on the 50ecom system which includes the hosting and the use of the system itself. Is the £2500 setup to a third party developer to make it all look beautiful? That fee sounds reaosnable-ish.

If I'm right about the above, hosting might account for about £30-£50 of that on-going fee, so I guess it all depends on if you love the look of the 50ecom system or not. if not, you could probably get someone to integrate the plyugin above into your current ocart store much cheaper. Maybe try it as a flyer before jumping to 50ecom?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 11:37]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:37 - Mar 11 with 1287 viewsTractorWood

Use Xero.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:42 - Mar 11 with 1276 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:37 - Mar 11 by TractorWood

Use Xero.

Xero is just an accounts package, it doesn't do what we want to do. It's a completely different thing.

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 12:01 - Mar 11 with 1246 viewsCotty

My brother in law does website design and e-commerce stuff, probably much cheaper than your quote, I could hook you up with him if you want?
Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 12:05 - Mar 11 with 1235 viewsTractorWood

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 11:42 - Mar 11 by Lord_Lucan

Xero is just an accounts package, it doesn't do what we want to do. It's a completely different thing.

Have you looked into the APIs? I bet it does.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 12:25 - Mar 11 with 1218 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 12:01 - Mar 11 by Cotty

My brother in law does website design and e-commerce stuff, probably much cheaper than your quote, I could hook you up with him if you want?

The website is pretty much finished apart from simple stuff that we have to do our end. We used a developer for the site as it is bespoke.

If your BIL might be able to help with the integration package to our accounts then yes, happy to contact him. Thanks

PM me his email if that's ok.

Thanks again

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 12:27 - Mar 11 with 1214 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone know anything about SAGE 50 Accounts and Opencart integration on 12:05 - Mar 11 by TractorWood

Have you looked into the APIs? I bet it does.

I've contacted XERO but I doubt it but thanks. I think the advanced problems lay with the customer history thing, invoicing customers at agreed special price levels and skipping payment for account customers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024