Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 years and 4 months with lambert 11:03 - Feb 21 with 526 viewstaf123

What has improved?

Playing style
I still can´t see and understand how we want to play, there is no clear structure. We mix formation and players all the time. Green shoots? We have managed to get 58 points from the last 46 games in League One. If 1,5 years in League One has taken us to the stage of green shoots, how long will it take for us to be a good League One side?

Squad
The squad is not any better now and he has not managed to build a core for the future. Most of the players has not kicked on despite playing one division lower which should have benefit many of them. Plenty of loanees which Lambert criticized the club for before his arrival. The young guys have not developed enough. Most frightening, how has Lambert effected the relationship between Ipswich and the likes of Downes, Woolfenden and Dozzel which should be the core of the future Ipswich?

Structure within the club
After 2 years and 4 months, Lambert says there is structural problems in the club. He should have expressed this to Evans during the first weeks and it should all have been solved by now. When you go down a division, you have the chance to rebuild and restart. Lambert has apparently not managed to do this.

Relationship club - fans
Worse than ever.
2 years and 4 months with lambert on 11:08 - Feb 21 with 497 viewssouthnorfolkblue

The more concerning point for me is that he hasn’t flattened the downward spiral that the club was in when he joined. I am still of the view that he inherited a terrible mess that was going to take time to unravel. By now, I would have expected to see us at least on an upward trajectory even if it was in League 1, but we’re just stagnating and arguably could fall further.

Poll: Our final position

2 years and 4 months with lambert on 11:23 - Feb 21 with 456 viewsBlueBadger

You've left out The Matchday Experience and 'New Grounds Visited' as positives!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024