Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' 12:10 - Feb 16 with 1039 viewsglasso

I saw a thread on a mate's FB the other day - he used to play for Ipswich as a youngster up to the age of 16 or 17, I think - and he was chatting with other players from his team.

They were all saying that Town used to be a real family club, very friendly, very welcoming etc. Now, Lee O'Neill (who would've been in their team) never texts back any more now that he's got his new job, and how when one of the guys whose son plays for them up the road, came for a game against Ipswich, none of the ITFC staff would say hello to him or even acknowledge he was there even though they were his coaches for years.

It's a weird thing, that a culture should change so much at a club and must be a part of why we're not doing as well nowadays, but I don't think that can be down to Lambert, and given Evans is fairly hands-off, it surely isn't on his direction that it's happening either?
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:11 - Feb 16 with 997 viewschicoazul

Every organisations culture is driven from or exemplified from the very top.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:16 - Feb 16 with 963 viewsglasso

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:11 - Feb 16 by chicoazul

Every organisations culture is driven from or exemplified from the very top.

I think maybe you're right. But I also kind feel like if there are people who've been there for 10, 20 years, always doing things a certain way, and then a new boss comes in but never shows up to the office... there's got to be something going on within that workforce to make the change as well
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:18 - Feb 16 with 937 viewschicoazul

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:16 - Feb 16 by glasso

I think maybe you're right. But I also kind feel like if there are people who've been there for 10, 20 years, always doing things a certain way, and then a new boss comes in but never shows up to the office... there's got to be something going on within that workforce to make the change as well

There aren’t many long serving staff left now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:19 - Feb 16 with 950 viewsTieDyedIn95

There are a number of our ex-players sons on the books at Norwich because they simply think our set up is so sub standard they wouldn't get a chance starting at Ipswich. That's a change we should really be worried about, all Evans and O'Neill do is tell the support what they think they want to hear, they do the exact opposite and our youth system is poor which is one of the reasons our first team is now poor.

The whole club is a mess. They told the national media the supporters started a fire at the training ground yesterday to make us look like the bad guys, because poor Marcus is doing his best we just don't understand.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:27 - Feb 16 with 893 viewsgazzer1999

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:19 - Feb 16 by TieDyedIn95

There are a number of our ex-players sons on the books at Norwich because they simply think our set up is so sub standard they wouldn't get a chance starting at Ipswich. That's a change we should really be worried about, all Evans and O'Neill do is tell the support what they think they want to hear, they do the exact opposite and our youth system is poor which is one of the reasons our first team is now poor.

The whole club is a mess. They told the national media the supporters started a fire at the training ground yesterday to make us look like the bad guys, because poor Marcus is doing his best we just don't understand.

Well in spite of everything, he does still fund the club. We could end up the way of some other clubs when the tap runs dry.
It would be nice if we could go back to when there were several independent wealthy business men were on the board that could be responsible for different areas of the club, not all just puppets of M/E. I guess ego's these days get in the way of all that.
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:30 - Feb 16 with 875 viewsTieDyedIn95

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:27 - Feb 16 by gazzer1999

Well in spite of everything, he does still fund the club. We could end up the way of some other clubs when the tap runs dry.
It would be nice if we could go back to when there were several independent wealthy business men were on the board that could be responsible for different areas of the club, not all just puppets of M/E. I guess ego's these days get in the way of all that.

We also fund the club. Supporters have paid for the bulk of the clubs success over the years and I'd say when supporters were the main income, it was a much more successful club then anytime Evans meagre investments and leadership have seen.

Sheepshanks and co. were also supporters. Evans is not.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:41 - Feb 16 with 818 viewsgazzer1999

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:30 - Feb 16 by TieDyedIn95

We also fund the club. Supporters have paid for the bulk of the clubs success over the years and I'd say when supporters were the main income, it was a much more successful club then anytime Evans meagre investments and leadership have seen.

I am not saying that the supporters don't fund the club, just that in itself is not enough. What do we want? a team that plays well and competes, well that costs more than your season ticket. It's very easy to act like we know everything that is going on at the club and how to run a multi million pound business, but the reality is far from that these days especially being compounded by Covid 19. Would I like to be in his shoes no, I am lucky I disposed of my business way before covid struck and I know what the implications may have been if I was still the owner, so we do need to get some perspective here it was already a hard job succeeding before then and now it's even worse.
I wonder how you would feel if you were constantly being asked to increase every transfer window for more money.
We look to be in the last chance saloon here now and will it turn? we don't know but to keep following the same failed path is wrong on so many counts, change needs to happen very soon, but don't bet on it.
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:41 - Feb 16 with 814 viewsdavblue

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:16 - Feb 16 by glasso

Hands off, 2 days a week isn't it for Evans?

We really need the right people in the right jobs pushing the club forward. If Evans can't give the club that time, then he needs to get in someone who can and let them run it and be in the position to make changes.

There's no way he's getting anything back money wise now with the way the club is being run, so what's the point, he's not a die hard fan.
Login to get fewer ads

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' (n/t) on 12:44 - Feb 16 with 791 viewsgazzer1999

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:41 - Feb 16 by davblue

Hands off, 2 days a week isn't it for Evans?

We really need the right people in the right jobs pushing the club forward. If Evans can't give the club that time, then he needs to get in someone who can and let them run it and be in the position to make changes.

There's no way he's getting anything back money wise now with the way the club is being run, so what's the point, he's not a die hard fan.

[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 12:48]
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 761 viewsgazzer1999

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:30 - Feb 16 by TieDyedIn95

How many of these owners are? do you think the Americans that own Man U or Liverpool are? I am sure Evans is more of a supporter than you think, he now has a vested interest, whereas us 'true supporters' can just walk away and follow Liverpool et al.
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:50 - Feb 16 with 745 viewsdavblue

Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' (n/t) on 12:44 - Feb 16 by gazzer1999

[Post edited 16 Feb 2021 12:48]

Ed Woodward is running Man United every day. Peter Moore is for Liverpool.

They have input but they have people running the club day to day.

We have an owner who gives us 2 days a week from bits that have been in the press.
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 12:51 - Feb 16 with 740 viewsRegencyBlue

Evans cannot be bothered and when that sort of attitude is obvious at the top of any organisation it filters down through all levels.

Don’t forget he withdrew the club from community activities for a while not that long ago, which tells you all you need to know about his attitude!
Who's responsible for the 'culture change?' on 13:47 - Feb 16 with 630 viewsistanblue

Marcus Evans is responsible. Simple as. He's ripped the heart and soul out of this club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024