Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starmers in for a bumpy time 13:53 - Feb 8 with 4106 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 15:18 - Feb 8 with 853 viewsDarth_Koont

Better to switch horses in midstream ... if the one you’re riding on is dead and drifting.

Starter has been a massive disappointment. And he and/or the crew around him look clueless.

Pronouns: He/Him

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 15:45 - Feb 8 with 818 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 15:18 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

Better to switch horses in midstream ... if the one you’re riding on is dead and drifting.

Starter has been a massive disappointment. And he and/or the crew around him look clueless.

Was this your view when the last Labour leader was 20 points behind in the polls with a "clueless crew" around him that included Diane Abbot, Richard Burgon, Chris Williamson, Seamus Milne and Shami Charabati?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:01 - Feb 8 with 782 viewsmonytowbray

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 15:45 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Was this your view when the last Labour leader was 20 points behind in the polls with a "clueless crew" around him that included Diane Abbot, Richard Burgon, Chris Williamson, Seamus Milne and Shami Charabati?

Difference is the latter had 2/3s of the press against him and wasn’t against a Tory party this bad.

And you’re being very selective with polling data periods.

But hey, we already know you have a less than honest relationship with reality.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:06 - Feb 8 with 791 viewsSteve_M

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 14:01 - Feb 8 by footers

But the issue is that Starmer is now not even making a dent in the polls. So who's to blame for that? He's bumbled along on covid, hardly attacked the government with any sort of urgency and just seems complacent, spending more time with PR suits than being the opposition.

"But the issue is that Starmer is now not even making a dent in the polls"

That's after a big increase over the course of a year though, there was an awful lot of ground to make up. Is that enough? No, of course not but it's odd to claim such a limited impact as you have.

The bulk of the public still seems happy to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt over covid, his own illness and fact that many voted for him in December 2019 are part of that so it's difficult for Starmer to have too much impact without being seen to be unduly negative.

His biggest failing in my view has been in trying to neutralise the pro-remain stance by ignoring the failings of the government. Again, a difficult line to tread but he should have put a stronger marker down on the inadequacy of the deal and the wilful failure to offer a transition period.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:29 - Feb 8 with 758 viewsblueconscience

Here is an idea.

How about they work together in getting the country through these interesting times.

All this political scoring by both sides should be the least of their concern during a crisis. At this rate, there wont be much left to govern!!!!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 16:35]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:47 - Feb 8 with 718 viewsmonytowbray

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:29 - Feb 8 by blueconscience

Here is an idea.

How about they work together in getting the country through these interesting times.

All this political scoring by both sides should be the least of their concern during a crisis. At this rate, there wont be much left to govern!!!!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 16:35]

What would you suggest Labour do? Join in with Cronyism?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:54 - Feb 8 with 719 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:06 - Feb 8 by Steve_M

That's after a big increase over the course of a year though, there was an awful lot of ground to make up. Is that enough? No, of course not but it's odd to claim such a limited impact as you have.

The bulk of the public still seems happy to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt over covid, his own illness and fact that many voted for him in December 2019 are part of that so it's difficult for Starmer to have too much impact without being seen to be unduly negative.

His biggest failing in my view has been in trying to neutralise the pro-remain stance by ignoring the failings of the government. Again, a difficult line to tread but he should have put a stronger marker down on the inadequacy of the deal and the wilful failure to offer a transition period.

Well quite:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YouGov/status/1246005001476071424

https://mobile.twitter.com/YouGov/status/1358755294944382976

Not sure why people that claim to believe in facts peddle such obvious lies really

EDIT - no idea why the tweets haven’t embedded 🤷🏻‍♂️
[Post edited 8 Feb 2021 16:55]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 17:05 - Feb 8 with 704 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:54 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well quite:

Not sure why people that claim to believe in facts peddle such obvious lies really

Let's be honest here. The people looking for a change of leader consist of an embittered outgoing leader of Unite, a hard-left pressure group, former Corbyn frontbenchers sacked by Starmer and assorted loony-left backbenchers. None of who voted for Stamer in last year's Labour leadership election.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 17:20 - Feb 8 with 672 viewsEwan_Oozami

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:54 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well quite:

Good old Don Tknow, who'd have thought he'd be right there in the mix,,,

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 17:53 - Feb 8 with 640 viewsChurchman

I know Starmer is a personality free zone, but it is way to soon to judge him. He is a bit damned if he does, damned of he doesn’t. If he is critical he is Captain Hindsight, if he agrees with the government he’s hammered by sections of his own party or ignored.

I’ve always felt Coronavirus should have been made non political, but regardless, with years before a next election, the current fight with C-19 there will be time for him to be judged. The polls? Who cares? It’s not as if they’re ever right.

As for his team, there is a mixture of good and bad, just like all parties. If I was to guess at it, I think if he is mute between now and the election, he will be more popular and acceptable amongst non-left wing people, middle ground and so forth than Corbyn ever was.
Starmers in for a bumpy time on 18:02 - Feb 8 with 634 viewshype313

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 17:53 - Feb 8 by Churchman

I know Starmer is a personality free zone, but it is way to soon to judge him. He is a bit damned if he does, damned of he doesn’t. If he is critical he is Captain Hindsight, if he agrees with the government he’s hammered by sections of his own party or ignored.

I’ve always felt Coronavirus should have been made non political, but regardless, with years before a next election, the current fight with C-19 there will be time for him to be judged. The polls? Who cares? It’s not as if they’re ever right.

As for his team, there is a mixture of good and bad, just like all parties. If I was to guess at it, I think if he is mute between now and the election, he will be more popular and acceptable amongst non-left wing people, middle ground and so forth than Corbyn ever was.

Andy Burnham's just done a 'if the ball came out from the back of the scrum' speech.

He is someone who could win the Northern votes back in a heartbeat.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 18:34 - Feb 8 with 605 viewstractordownsouth

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 18:02 - Feb 8 by hype313

Andy Burnham's just done a 'if the ball came out from the back of the scrum' speech.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he puts his hat in the ring for his old seat of Leigh or Heywood and Middleton next election - both flipped Tory last time. Would like to see Burnham involved in some capacity - he’s a bit of a chameleon but has got some good results as Mayor of Manchester with regards to cutting homelessness. I reckon if he’d have been Labour leader in 2016 the referendum may have turned out differently, as it was the Northern Labour vote that swung it for leave in the end and a lot of voters didn’t really know what the Labour Party position was due to lack of leadership.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:24 - Feb 8 with 571 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 15:45 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Clearly, they weren’t as clueless as the current lot.

Starmer is where Corbyn was 2 years ago in the polls – but with the worst government ever, a disastrous Covid response, Brexit and a relatively free ride from the press and the agitated pundits.

This is without actually saying anything. And trying to curry favour around ”values”.

Shambolic.

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:31 - Feb 8 with 564 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 16:06 - Feb 8 by Steve_M

Let’s hope dreams can come true.

But in the real world, there’s absolutely nothing there. Starmer needs some real political substance and genuinely enthusiastic support - and people passively nodding along to his platitudes ain’t it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a major political leader less connected to what’s going on since Ian Duncan-Smith.

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:35 - Feb 8 with 558 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 18:02 - Feb 8 by hype313

Burnham or Clive Lewis for me.

I can’t think either would be so enthralled or entangled in all this optics and triangulation b@ll@cks. I certainly get the feeling that both would see leading the opposition as leading a change in the UK rather than just being a caretaker for the soft Establishment.

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:38 - Feb 8 with 551 viewsGlasgowBlue

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:24 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

Clearly, they weren’t as clueless as the current lot.

Starmer is where Corbyn was 2 years ago in the polls – but with the worst government ever, a disastrous Covid response, Brexit and a relatively free ride from the press and the agitated pundits.

This is without actually saying anything. And trying to curry favour around ”values”.

Shambolic.

So Starmer, in less than a year, has Labour in the same position in the polls that it took Jezza 3 years to get to.

At that stage, people were calling May's government the worst ever.

Iron Lion Zion

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:44 - Feb 8 with 544 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:38 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

So Starmer, in less than a year, has Labour in the same position in the polls that it took Jezza 3 years to get to.

At that stage, people were calling May's government the worst ever.

Sorry, Starmer’s actually behind. I hadn’t checked. Despite everything being an open goal ...

There’s nothing more predictable than the way the UK will sleepwalk into the next crisis because they’re still trying and failing to deal with the last ones.

I take no comfort from that apart from the hope that in some way, Brexit and Scotland leaving will wake people the f@ck up.

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:00 - Feb 8 with 514 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:44 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

Sorry, Starmer’s actually behind. I hadn’t checked. Despite everything being an open goal ...

There’s nothing more predictable than the way the UK will sleepwalk into the next crisis because they’re still trying and failing to deal with the last ones.

I take no comfort from that apart from the hope that in some way, Brexit and Scotland leaving will wake people the f@ck up.

Once again though you completely fail to acknowledge that same poll showing the Conservatives 24 (twenty four) points ahead the day before Starmer was appointed leader of Labour

You also completely ignore the recent boost the Conservatives have had from the success of the vaccine rollout. All things considered the progress made in under a year has been significant from Labour - and at a time when the opportunity to drive any sort of agenda has been limited by a once in a lifetime pandemic

As per my other post I don’t really know why you feel the need to bend the truth on these things and pretend that Labour haven’t closed the gap hugely under Starmer, given the relevant polls are so readily available. It just makes your agenda all the more obvious

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:08 - Feb 8 with 500 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:00 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Once again though you completely fail to acknowledge that same poll showing the Conservatives 24 (twenty four) points ahead the day before Starmer was appointed leader of Labour

You also completely ignore the recent boost the Conservatives have had from the success of the vaccine rollout. All things considered the progress made in under a year has been significant from Labour - and at a time when the opportunity to drive any sort of agenda has been limited by a once in a lifetime pandemic

As per my other post I don’t really know why you feel the need to bend the truth on these things and pretend that Labour haven’t closed the gap hugely under Starmer, given the relevant polls are so readily available. It just makes your agenda all the more obvious

The last election was absolutely monstered by Brexit. And I wouldn’t blame Starmer for that even though the Labour compromise was certainly his. Would have been sensible if they hadn’t poisoned the well by discrediting Corbin at every stage.

C’est la vie. I’ve given up on UK politics – it’s clearly a law unto itself.

I’m now looking forward to the end game where people decide they’ve had enough and Glassers has to get his Scottish passport. 😂

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:08 - Feb 8 with 496 viewsBlueAllOver

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 19:44 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

You constantly pick out negative polling for Starmer and never the positive ones, when he is ahead. It's obvious after the success of the vaccine roll-out the Government would have a surge in the polls. Corbyn who I supported although was never my choice for leader, had two chances failed miserably, just wish the far left would have the courage of their convictions and go set up their own party if they are so anti-Starmer and won't support him. Just purely toxic it's depressing on social media from the cult of Jeremy.

You and many others on the left have never Starmer him a chance, despite the nonsense, you will say to the contrary.
Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:14 - Feb 8 with 487 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:08 - Feb 8 by BlueAllOver

You constantly pick out negative polling for Starmer and never the positive ones, when he is ahead. It's obvious after the success of the vaccine roll-out the Government would have a surge in the polls. Corbyn who I supported although was never my choice for leader, had two chances failed miserably, just wish the far left would have the courage of their convictions and go set up their own party if they are so anti-Starmer and won't support him. Just purely toxic it's depressing on social media from the cult of Jeremy.

You and many others on the left have never Starmer him a chance, despite the nonsense, you will say to the contrary.

I haven’t done it constantly at all. I have done it once before and this is now talking about an actual polling comparison.

But glad to know it stings so much. It really really should do.

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:27 - Feb 8 with 462 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:08 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

The last election was absolutely monstered by Brexit. And I wouldn’t blame Starmer for that even though the Labour compromise was certainly his. Would have been sensible if they hadn’t poisoned the well by discrediting Corbin at every stage.

C’est la vie. I’ve given up on UK politics – it’s clearly a law unto itself.

I’m now looking forward to the end game where people decide they’ve had enough and Glassers has to get his Scottish passport. 😂

It wasn’t just Brexit but that’s beside the point - the starting point was the starting point regardless of why they were there. And it’s completely dishonest to list reasons being 4 points behind is a failure without acknowledging that the starting point was a further 20 points back

If only your second paragraph was true so you could spare us this rubbish

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:29 - Feb 8 with 456 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:14 - Feb 8 by Darth_Koont

I haven’t done it constantly at all. I have done it once before and this is now talking about an actual polling comparison.

But glad to know it stings so much. It really really should do.

“I have done it once before”

Another obvious lie, you do realise past posts are visible yeah?

FFS by Darth_Koont 21 Oct 2020 21:01
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1318940444949139456

Depressing by Darth_Koont 10 Oct 2020 10:57
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1314501231310708738

If you can’t get yourself ahead of the Tories on current showing then something’s not right, is it?

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:33 - Feb 8 with 438 viewstractordownsouth

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:08 - Feb 8 by BlueAllOver

Found this interesting. I think I’m right in saying the Tories nearly got rid of Cameron within a couple of years yet he took them back into government. And on this metric, Starmer’s 6 points ahead at the same stage.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:34 - Feb 8 with 431 viewsDarth_Koont

Starmers in for a bumpy time on 20:29 - Feb 8 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“I have done it once before”

Another obvious lie, you do realise past posts are visible yeah?

FFS by Darth_Koont 21 Oct 2020 21:01
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1318940444949139456

Depressing by Darth_Koont 10 Oct 2020 10:57
https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1314501231310708738

If you can’t get yourself ahead of the Tories on current showing then something’s not right, is it?

Sorry, it was twice within a couple of weeks.

Jeez.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024