Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The coming month 10:58 - Feb 2 with 405 viewsDevereuxxx

With Evan's backing of Lambert in the transfer market, it looks pretty certain he's not going to be making any personnel changes in the immediate term.

With that in mind - will that change the way you watch matches? I'll admit, if you'd have told me Lambert would have been sacked if we'd have lost the Crewe game, I'd have been cheering them on the whole game. Red shirt on, singing about the 'Alex. But that's not sustainable as a fan is it, to constantly want the team to underachieve so the plodding vacuum of talent we have as a manager gets fired. And we still have a fighting chance of getting into the playoffs, as it stands, with a reinforced but incredibly bloated squad.

It's clear Lambert isn't going anywhere, and to be honest I just want to get back to wanting Ipswich to win, rather than being stuck in this weird purgatory of feeling next to nothing when we score and dull inevitability when we concede. If he's going nowhere, perhaps it's time to at least try and believe we'll scrape enough wins to get in the playoffs. At least believing that will give us something to cheer for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024