Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's that it no longer hurts that hurts the most 13:31 - Dec 13 with 667 viewsDevereuxxx

I can remember even 2 seasons ago if Ipswich lost it would ruin my weekend. If I was watching SSN and heard 'and there's a goal at Portman Road' the resultant direction of said goal would either result in exaltation or a series of swear words that would make a sailor blush.

Fast forward to yesterday, and for both of Portsmouth's goals, they barely registered. You talk about xG, and basically they felt like expected goals. Portsmouth were always going to score and yep, there they were, right on time. The feeling of inevitability was overwhelming.

This feeling of numbness with the club is a bit of a new one. It's indicative of a club who seemingly don't care that they are a sailboat in a windless, placid ocean. Those at the top don't admit, care or accept their own inertia. And that's where the numbness comes from. The club doesn't care about its fans anymore, and I don't think that's been true before. We are consumers and they tell us how to feel, and as we are 'only' fans (don't Google that) the club is essentially saying we have no recourse but to sit and be happy with our lot. They will not be listening to our views, thank you very much. It's broken.
It's that it no longer hurts that hurts the most on 13:50 - Dec 13 with 619 viewsgetawig

Totally agree. Looking forward to Tuesday I can honestly say for the first time ever I'm really not bothered. Whatever the result it will mean nothing. If we win/draw we will be "building momentum for the next of playing incredible football ' if we lose it will be because of injuries and Evans will do nothing as Lambert carries on his merry way. Whatever the result we will lose 2-0 at Peterborough and it will go on. Unable to beat a top 6 team in Div3 and just existing in midtable. Im 50 next Sunday. All I want is for my kids to remember to put butter on my bacon and egg sandwich, 1 sugar in my tea and for me to put on SSnews and see the yellow banner sliding by with " Ipswich Sack Lambert" Is this too much to ask? Probably but I just want to be excited by my team again☹
It's that it no longer hurts that hurts the most on 13:57 - Dec 13 with 596 viewsmatteoblue

I don't think you are alone in your views. We are now doing so badly in almost anyone's recollection (apart from newborns) that it's hard to really find any positives in a sport where everyone has an opinion and no-one has the answers. I think the current malaise can certainly be referred to as the 'Marcus Evans' era, where the club has undergone a steady decline. There must be a substantial percentage of 'fans' now that don't really remember a time before Evans took over, and this number increases every year, particularly as older 'fans' who know what a better run club is like, will give up on this one. Now we are in the coronavirus age, where clubs have demonstrated that people aren't actually needed at grounds, particularly in the 'premier league', it is starting to hammer home with customers at a much faster pace. Football itself is now predominately TV and internet entertainment, and going to games is secondary to this. This is not what most people got into it in the first place, I would imagine.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024