Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go 4-4-2 Lambert. 14:25 - Nov 22 with 1811 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Holy
Chambers - Woolfenden - McGuinness - Ward
Lankester - McGavin - Huws - Bennetts
Norwood - Sears

Keep McGavin - Huws a little more defensively. Will be very much second best if we go 4-3-3 and try to match Hull, they will rip us apart.

A little more direct for this one I think.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Go 4-4-2 Lambert. on 22:34 - Nov 22 with 233 viewsGarv

Go 4-4-2 Lambert. on 19:50 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

The system has got us to 3rd granted, but it is also the system we used going to the three decent sides we’ve faced this year (Doncaster, Lincoln, Sunderland), and handing us our 3 defeats.

I think the McGavin - Huws combination could be suspect, but would be asking them to be very defensive, remains close to each other, don’t drift out of that central zone and stay compact.

Bennetts/Lankester the outlets, Sears/Norwood the outlets, and realistically would be looking to counter through them and keep McGavin - Huws more conservative in front of the back line.

I fear if we try and go toe to toe with Hull with this ‘style’ we have, will be a similar outcome to Donacaster.

Granted also, but the most recent of those was a good performance which was ruined by poor refereeing and, at the risk of being harsh on a young player who is making an impact in most games, poor finishing from Lankester. We were much better than Sunderland.

Hawkins, while a target, doesn't look up to much. A half fit Norwood has looked so much better. We'll look better when he is playing regularly and, while I'm not a huge Jackson fan, he should prove useful too.

I just think it's an odd time to abandon what we've stuck to all season, and if it didn't work it would 100% be used as a reason. It's negative, you're saying we need to have two sitting midfielders and play long and direct to two strikers. It goes against everything that has done us so well so far.

Respect your opinion, though, I can see where you're coming from having watched the game yesterday.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Go 4-4-2 Lambert. on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 224 viewsGarv

Go 4-4-2 Lambert. on 19:34 - Nov 22 by jayessess

One swallow doesn't make a Summer. 1 goal in 7 appearances this season.

The point is, the first opportunity he gets post injury he scored and plays well. He improved us yesterday too.

1 goal in 7 appearances I think is as good a record if not better than our other strikers so far.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Go 4-4-2 Lambert. on 09:46 - Nov 23 with 173 viewsjayessess

Go 4-4-2 Lambert. on 19:46 - Nov 22 by TheTrueBlue1878

How many of them tackles are in a zonal position he should be playing, or whilst he has gone wondering like a headless chicken.

I’ve got my eyes for that tests that I don’t need statistics, he works hard, but not smart, he’s a roamer.

4-3-3, what would be your XI?

My eyes haven't seen Bennetts or Lankester doing much defensive work, in their zonal area or anyone else's...

Fwiw, assuming no one gets fit and Jackson can't play:

Holy, Chambers, Woolf, McGuinness, Ward, Huws, McGavin, Judge, Lankester, Norwood, Bennetts.

I'd tell Judge to press and McGavin, Huws to sit a bit deeper and instruct the full backs to be bit more conservative about pushing forward.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024