Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) 16:25 - Nov 10 with 5281 viewsMaySixth

You Tube evidence welcome
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 16:51]

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:26 - Nov 10 with 2985 viewsStokieBlue

Had just arrived back from the US that morning and was knackered but nothing better than to get promoted with a classic Reuser smashed finished.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:33 - Nov 10 with 2955 viewsWeWereZombies

The ball breaks to Woodsie on the edge of the penalty area (forty two seconds in):

What the clip does not show is how much of a curve Woods put on that shot, I was in the East Stand directly in line with the trajectory and it practically did a ninety degree turn. Woods stood there for a moment unable to believe what he had just done.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:39 - Nov 10 with 2920 viewsIllinoisblue

Gavin Johnson with a thunderbolt of a header. A glorious goal for Ipswich. Grobbelar had no chance... pick that one out.

20 years old and loving life during the epic 91-92 season. Every home game and about 15 aways. “These are the days of our lives”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 2923 viewsSteve_M

This one:

Edit: I never included why. Just the speed and incisiveness of the move, a beautiful goal.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 16:53]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:42 - Nov 10 with 2911 viewsgtsb1966

The one that i enjoyed most live was Muhren's goal v Forest in the fa cup replay of 1981 i think it was. The one I'd wish I'd seen live was in this game in 1975. No explanation needed for which goal.
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:45 - Nov 10 with 2897 viewshomer_123

Steve_M has posted my fav but this is also a good goal for lots and lots of reasons.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:49 - Nov 10 with 2886 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The back story:

Minute's Applause Tribute to Fan 20th Apr 2015 14:42
The friends of Town supporter Chris Reynolds, who died aged 21 at the weekend, are asking fellow fans to take part in a minute’s applause in his honour in the 21st minute of Saturday’s home game against Nottingham Forest. 11

The goal:

I won't forget that as long as I live.
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:52 - Nov 10 with 2856 viewsMattinLondon

Taricco’s first time volley versus Torquay.

Login to get fewer ads

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:54 - Nov 10 with 2848 viewsTrumptonBlue

Yep, Finidi's is the best goal, but my favourite would be Darren Bent's winner for the ten men in the Dale Roberts game. I've seen Town score goals that have won promotions, saved us from relegation, sealed European qualification, but none of them have meant as much as that one. I was an emotional wreck.
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:56 - Nov 10 with 2834 viewshype313

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:52 - Nov 10 by MattinLondon

Taricco’s first time volley versus Torquay.

The second one below, that day I was overwhelmed by the noise, the quality of the goal, PR rocking, great times.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 16:57]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:58 - Nov 10 with 2800 viewsIllinoisblue

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:56 - Nov 10 by hype313

The second one below, that day I was overwhelmed by the noise, the quality of the goal, PR rocking, great times.

Best individual display I’ve ever seen at Portman Road except for Glenn Hoddle for Swindon in 1991

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:04 - Nov 10 with 2770 viewsMaySixth

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:56 - Nov 10 by hype313

Wow, I remember that hattrick...

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:05 - Nov 10 with 2761 viewsusm

Osborne
1-Nil
Wembley
6 May 1978
77th minute

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:06 - Nov 10 with 2753 viewsFunge

Loads of Stewart goals make me happy, obviously the 2nd against Bolton being the pick of the bunch....... (dramatic pause as VT furiously turns TWTD on....)

In more recent times, this one was a banger. I was at the back of the SBRL, and we were still sometimes quite good to watch at this point.

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:06 - Nov 10 with 2752 viewsIpswichKnight

Surprised that Armstrong’s V Inter hasn’t come up yet. Something we can tell our kids and grandkids that we were there the night Ipswich beat Inter Milan! Now we can’t even beat Lincoln!

Finid’s overhead against Tottenham doesn’t get the love it deserves ( Also he got Sheringham sent off which was very amusing though Tottenham fans didn’t seem to share my sense of humour on that )
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:07 - Nov 10 with 2756 viewsgtsb1966

And i think we can say without a shadow of a doubt this is everyone's second favourite.
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:09 - Nov 10 with 2736 viewshomer_123

Noticed that Jamma's volley isn't listed. I never saw it - did anyone here?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:10 - Nov 10 with 2734 viewshype313

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:58 - Nov 10 by Illinoisblue

Best individual display I’ve ever seen at Portman Road except for Glenn Hoddle for Swindon in 1991

It was a sight to behold, he absolutely destroyed them that day, such a shame we couldn't keep hold of him for longer.

Also, love the story of how he was scouted.

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:11 - Nov 10 with 2728 viewshype313

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:09 - Nov 10 by homer_123

Noticed that Jamma's volley isn't listed. I never saw it - did anyone here?

Against Leeds?

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:13 - Nov 10 with 2713 viewsEireannach_gorm

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 16:49 - Nov 10 by ArnoldMoorhen

The back story:

Minute's Applause Tribute to Fan 20th Apr 2015 14:42
The friends of Town supporter Chris Reynolds, who died aged 21 at the weekend, are asking fellow fans to take part in a minute’s applause in his honour in the 21st minute of Saturday’s home game against Nottingham Forest. 11

The goal:

I won't forget that as long as I live.

You can hear the applause in the lead up to the goal.
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:16 - Nov 10 with 2703 viewsFunge

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:07 - Nov 10 by gtsb1966

And i think we can say without a shadow of a doubt this is everyone's second favourite.

24 years ago, bloody hell.

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, Bryan, Bryan Gunn.

In my head the NSL sung that non-stop for about 2 hours.
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:16 - Nov 10 with 2701 viewshomer_123

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:11 - Nov 10 by hype313

Against Leeds?

Def up North away game but want to say Rotherham....I'm likely wrong and you are right.

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:17 - Nov 10 with 2707 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Given we've had sod all to celebrate the last 15 years or so, this one probably pips it for me, just because I remember at this point starting to believe again that maybe it was our year after all...

Honourable mentions for:

1. Finidi's "overhead" at White Hart Lane (Can't find it online) - seemed to start or brilliant Christmas / New Year run that seaaon, that gave us all hope
2. Alun Armstrong v. Inter at Home
3. Wilnis at Home against United
What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:18 - Nov 10 with 2695 viewsTrumptonBlue

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:16 - Nov 10 by homer_123

Def up North away game but want to say Rotherham....I'm likely wrong and you are right.

Yes, Rotherham.

What's the favourite ever Ipswich goal you've witnessed and why? (n/t) on 17:19 - Nov 10 with 2692 viewshomer_123

I remember this one as well:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024