Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert 18:11 - Oct 24 with 2764 viewsDublinBlue84

I've never been one to want him out badly as some here and towards end of last season I was 50/50, but now my faith has totally gone.

Having just heard him excuse Nolan saying it's not because of discipline but because of frustration and seemingly suggesting it justified it and the referee was to blame for his tackle so he won't be penalising him. This falls way short of the values of our club.

He's also said that the players were brilliant and that we lost to the referee today and he's never seen a referee performance so bad so he's going to make a complaint about the referee to avoid taking any responsibility for his or his players actions. Pathetic.

The man is deluded and Evans needs to pull the trigger, it's embarrassing. He has no chance of turning this around as he doesn't even understand the problems let alone how to fix them.

Full quotes here:
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/lambert-on-lincoln-1-0-ipswich-1-6899660
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 18:14]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:15 - Oct 24 with 2709 viewsgordon

Christ, those quotes sound very Trump-esque.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:16 - Oct 24 with 2687 viewsblueprint

The man brought in to keep us up then get us promotion has failed miserably but still has 4 years left to run on his contract.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:20 - Oct 24 with 2642 viewsBluecasp

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:16 - Oct 24 by blueprint

The man brought in to keep us up then get us promotion has failed miserably but still has 4 years left to run on his contract.

If Lambert was an MP he would surely be Chris Grayling
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:22 - Oct 24 with 2618 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I’m with you here unfortunately. Again try to give managers as long as I can, but not the man for me. We unfortunately haven’t moved forward during his tenure, and this season looks as though we won’t again, that will be his third season here, and no progression. That’s really worrying.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:29 - Oct 24 with 2573 viewsSimonds92

He's right about the ref though isnt he. Tbf before the Nolan tackle i was calling for Ward to go kick the player synically just like Edun had done to Bishop, leading to the non existant foul by Nsiala to give away the penalty.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:49 - Oct 24 with 2468 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:22 - Oct 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

I’m with you here unfortunately. Again try to give managers as long as I can, but not the man for me. We unfortunately haven’t moved forward during his tenure, and this season looks as though we won’t again, that will be his third season here, and no progression. That’s really worrying.

Agree. Hard to be critical when winning, but reality has set in and he ain't the man for the job. Apologies to those who called it earlier, but like I have said, hard to criticize when winning.

Lambert Out now and forever.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 2435 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:49 - Oct 24 by IpswichBoyBlue

Agree. Hard to be critical when winning, but reality has set in and he ain't the man for the job. Apologies to those who called it earlier, but like I have said, hard to criticize when winning.

Lambert Out now and forever.

I think it’s reality today than we are in the exact same position we found ourselves last year. Cannot step up when the opposition steps up in quality.

Really worrying, need to move on from Lambert, need Paul Cook here.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 20:06 - Oct 24 with 2294 viewslmfcblue

Suprised it’s took so long for others to realise he’s clueless.
When he comes up against any sort of decent manager he gets found out.
Login to get fewer ads

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 20:08 - Oct 24 with 2281 viewspointofblue

He should have gone before now but will he be given some more time eventually - almost getting to the point where I would accept defeats to Gillingham and Crewe if it shoves him out of the door.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 20:14 - Oct 24 with 2253 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:29 - Oct 24 by Simonds92

He's right about the ref though isnt he. Tbf before the Nolan tackle i was calling for Ward to go kick the player synically just like Edun had done to Bishop, leading to the non existant foul by Nsiala to give away the penalty.

You can feel like that in the moment but the manager has to show a degree of professionalism that is sorely missing from Lambert today. If he cannot hold back until he has calmed down, get Taylor to do the press. Regardless of the performance of the officials, to react like that is not acceptable. It then leads to a lack of professionalism from the staff he manages too. You lead by example.

As with the OP I have never been strongly Lambert out but thought he should have gone after last season. I was prepared to give him a second (or, to be fair, really a third) chance but I think he has now blown that. We are not moving forward as a club. We need a manager with greater professionalism to do so. Now is the time for Evans to give some long and careful consideration to exactly who that might be.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 21:43 - Oct 24 with 2097 viewsSimonds92

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 20:14 - Oct 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

You can feel like that in the moment but the manager has to show a degree of professionalism that is sorely missing from Lambert today. If he cannot hold back until he has calmed down, get Taylor to do the press. Regardless of the performance of the officials, to react like that is not acceptable. It then leads to a lack of professionalism from the staff he manages too. You lead by example.

As with the OP I have never been strongly Lambert out but thought he should have gone after last season. I was prepared to give him a second (or, to be fair, really a third) chance but I think he has now blown that. We are not moving forward as a club. We need a manager with greater professionalism to do so. Now is the time for Evans to give some long and careful consideration to exactly who that might be.

We don't know what was said for him to get sent off. You can also imagine if he's questioned it and got a smug response from the ref he may then have stepped over the line. Im not defending his performance as a manager but definitely prefer it when mamagers come and speak their mind and i agree with him the ref was dreadful.

I agree with your second paragraph, we absolutely should have got rid of him in the summer. However, unless Evans was expecting us to win every game it would be a pretty bizarre decision to sack him now with us 4th in the league. Long term he is absolutely not the right man to take us forward but if he wasnt sacked in the summer, then he wont be sacked after losing these 2 games. That's the hugely frustrating thing, that we didn't get someone in to let them have a proper pre season and instill an identity on this team. The one positive i can give Lambert is that we have had no real patterns of play since probably Magilton. Atleast he has decided on a way to play and is sticking with it. We have a massively soft belly but we always have done. I think 15-20 games is an important gauge and i think by that time he will have done enough to keep his jobs and then i fully expect us to collapse again.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 02:01 - Oct 25 with 1871 viewspointofblue

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 21:43 - Oct 24 by Simonds92

We don't know what was said for him to get sent off. You can also imagine if he's questioned it and got a smug response from the ref he may then have stepped over the line. Im not defending his performance as a manager but definitely prefer it when mamagers come and speak their mind and i agree with him the ref was dreadful.

I agree with your second paragraph, we absolutely should have got rid of him in the summer. However, unless Evans was expecting us to win every game it would be a pretty bizarre decision to sack him now with us 4th in the league. Long term he is absolutely not the right man to take us forward but if he wasnt sacked in the summer, then he wont be sacked after losing these 2 games. That's the hugely frustrating thing, that we didn't get someone in to let them have a proper pre season and instill an identity on this team. The one positive i can give Lambert is that we have had no real patterns of play since probably Magilton. Atleast he has decided on a way to play and is sticking with it. We have a massively soft belly but we always have done. I think 15-20 games is an important gauge and i think by that time he will have done enough to keep his jobs and then i fully expect us to collapse again.

The loss of Downes and Skuse has hurt us badly in terms of the underbelly - the centre of midfield can be talented but played through far too easily. We’ve also lost pace due to the injuries to KVY and Jackson which can make us one-note.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 04:23 - Oct 25 with 1814 viewsMercian

And yet we sit in the playoff zone 3 points of the top.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 06:38 - Oct 25 with 1703 viewsBlueAllOver

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 18:29 - Oct 24 by Simonds92

The referee was an average League 1 ref, he certainly wasn't as bad as Lambert makes out, yes key decisions went against in the period of play leading to a penalty other than that referee was ok. They weren't even clear cut bad decisions just 50/50s going against us.

Lamberts ranting and the "we were brilliant" guff is just trying to deflect from his own inadequacy. So without the referee, we are happy to get a point at an average Lincoln side? They will not be top at the end of the season. Wow-what a time to be alive, when that is our ambition, despite 62% possession we had two shots on target. Passing it around at the back with no purpose doesnt make for good football. We had 92 minutes to get goals but let's blame the referee for the one minute he influenced the game.

Lambert out and quickly please, he's done here
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 08:25 - Oct 25 with 1546 viewsMonkeyAlan

Lambert should have gone last season when Warnock was being lined up. Evans missed the boat there again, as usual.
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 09:21 - Oct 25 with 1480 viewsJuggsy

Sadly it will cost money to get rid of him because Evans is a f*ckwit and gave him a nice fat contract so .......
Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 09:23 - Oct 25 with 1467 viewsJuggsy

Sorry, but that's it for me with Lambert on 04:23 - Oct 25 by Mercian

And yet we sit in the playoff zone 3 points of the top.

Last season we were top, look how that turned out.

The same failings are happening again and again and Evans needs to get shot of him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024