Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee 12:15 - Jun 19 with 4544 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/38363/ex-blue-mcgoldrick-instigated-play

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:23 - Jun 19 with 2675 viewsLibero

I think you have to consider the fact that this would have not only been an incredible show of equality and unity but that David McGoldrick would have been sincerely personally worried that by putting his body under the pressure of taking a knee he could have potentially suffered a season ending injury.
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:10 - Jun 19 with 2598 viewsjeera

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:23 - Jun 19 by Libero

I think you have to consider the fact that this would have not only been an incredible show of equality and unity but that David McGoldrick would have been sincerely personally worried that by putting his body under the pressure of taking a knee he could have potentially suffered a season ending injury.

You bitch.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:13 - Jun 19 with 2592 viewsLibero

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:10 - Jun 19 by jeera

You bitch.

I reckon he could have gone down in a crumpled mess after kneeling and there would still be people claiming that watching David McGoldrick was "worth the entry free on it's own"
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:17 - Jun 19 with 2585 viewsjeera

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:13 - Jun 19 by Libero

I reckon he could have gone down in a crumpled mess after kneeling and there would still be people claiming that watching David McGoldrick was "worth the entry free on it's own"

As soon as I saw you'd commented, I thought to myself, 'this isn't going to be a compliment!'

I'm putting this down as some kind of blind spot.

Though the latest injury does also fly in the face of those who claimed he was faking them whilst at Town, and 'miraculously' got better once he'd got the move.

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:22 - Jun 19 with 2573 viewsLibero

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 13:17 - Jun 19 by jeera

As soon as I saw you'd commented, I thought to myself, 'this isn't going to be a compliment!'

I'm putting this down as some kind of blind spot.

Though the latest injury does also fly in the face of those who claimed he was faking them whilst at Town, and 'miraculously' got better once he'd got the move.

Blimey, people accused him of faking injury? Daft.

I enjoyed baiting people who thought that because his play was so aesthetically pleasing he was some kind of footballing god.
I think actually think McGoldrick was a very good player for us in patches, it's a shame he couldn't keep himself fit and even more of a shame that he was such a high earner.

If he hadn't have spent so long on the physios bench and been such a high earner he would have been a very useful player to keep around, unfortunately you just cannot justify one of your top earners only playing 50% of the games in a season, especially in the situation we were in at the time.
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 14:05 - Jun 19 with 2544 viewsEdwardStone

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:23 - Jun 19 by Libero

Slightly unfair on him Mr L

This is the player who had half his bawbag kicked off in a disgusting challenge

And then drove himself to hospital to get it stitched back on

Anybody will admit that is a bit hard-core
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 14:11 - Jun 19 with 2526 viewsLibero

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 14:05 - Jun 19 by EdwardStone

Slightly unfair on him Mr L

This is the player who had half his bawbag kicked off in a disgusting challenge

And then drove himself to hospital to get it stitched back on

Anybody will admit that is a bit hard-core

It's just a joke, like on Top Gear.
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:14 - Jun 20 with 2399 viewsbluebare

I cant be the only one that thinks it should be ALL lives matter BLM is divisive not helping bring equality
Login to get fewer ads

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:21 - Jun 20 with 2377 viewsSpruceMoose

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:14 - Jun 20 by bluebare

I cant be the only one that thinks it should be ALL lives matter BLM is divisive not helping bring equality

Unfortunately no you're not the only one to think that. If you do a little Googling you'll see why your position doesn't make any sense though. It's easy enough to learn about this stuff.

Also, Jesus H Christ, the state of the news comments on this article. It's like over hearing a conversation in Wetherspoons.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:25 - Jun 20 with 2360 viewsbluebare

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:21 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Unfortunately no you're not the only one to think that. If you do a little Googling you'll see why your position doesn't make any sense though. It's easy enough to learn about this stuff.

Also, Jesus H Christ, the state of the news comments on this article. It's like over hearing a conversation in Wetherspoons.

watch Noughts and crosses
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:33 - Jun 20 with 2346 viewsSpruceMoose

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:25 - Jun 20 by bluebare

watch Noughts and crosses

?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:42 - Jun 20 with 2326 viewsLibero

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:14 - Jun 20 by bluebare

You can solve your cognitive dissonance by changing “Black lives matter” to “Black lives matter too”
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:43 - Jun 20 with 2324 viewsLibero

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:33 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

?

It’s a drama based on a book my wife’s read, ironically he’s missing the point of it.
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 16:03 - Jun 20 with 2256 viewsjeera

Oh for christ's sake.

Are people seriously still spouting this rubbish?

Why is this so hard to understand?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 16:04]

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 16:20 - Jun 20 with 2249 viewsSpruceMoose

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 16:03 - Jun 20 by jeera

Oh for christ's sake.

Are people seriously still spouting this rubbish?

Why is this so hard to understand?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 16:04]

It's either being misunderstood deliberately (I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why) or its being misunderstood because people are too damn lazy to actually learn about a subject before spouting off.

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 16:32 - Jun 20 with 2235 viewsRoyal_Blue

Obviously watches Game of Thrones
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 18:46 - Jun 20 with 2197 viewsjeera

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 16:20 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

It's either being misunderstood deliberately (I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why) or its being misunderstood because people are too damn lazy to actually learn about a subject before spouting off.

Suffragettes: "We want the vote!"

Some affronted men: "WE want the vote too!"

Everyone with a brain: "Erm, you already have the vote".

Same men doubling down because they're too dim to listen: "But we want to be equal too. Waaah!"

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:16 - Jun 20 with 2161 viewsPhilTWTD

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:21 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

I know what you mean re the comments, so much nonsense whataboutery. Bit embarrassed that some of them are on our site, to be honest, and one or two I felt had to be removed. Perhaps other posters could add a few more enlightened viewpoints to what I thought was a very positive story about one of our ex-players.
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:25 - Jun 20 with 2142 viewsSpruceMoose

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:16 - Jun 20 by PhilTWTD

I know what you mean re the comments, so much nonsense whataboutery. Bit embarrassed that some of them are on our site, to be honest, and one or two I felt had to be removed. Perhaps other posters could add a few more enlightened viewpoints to what I thought was a very positive story about one of our ex-players.

Not your fault at all Phil. You have your hands full enough on the main forum without getting dragged down into policing the lunatics on the News Comments as well.

If you promise not to ban me I'll go give them what for... You could even make me a mod if you'd like?!

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:35 - Jun 20 with 2117 viewsjeera

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:16 - Jun 20 by PhilTWTD

There's the likes of Lonely Blue and Fat Boy Tim there fighting the tide.

Most of the others are an embarrassment. Vile and dim as humanly possible.

If one is too thick to understand then shut the eff up until you find discover what it is that's being commented on.

I hate some people.

To repeat, decent post there by FBT and good efforts by LB.

No wonder he feels lonely.

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:49 - Jun 20 with 2095 viewsbluebare

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 12:43 - Jun 20 by Libero

It’s a drama based on a book my wife’s read, ironically he’s missing the point of it.

I guess you had it read to you?
Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:49 - Jun 20 with 2096 viewsjeera

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:25 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Not your fault at all Phil. You have your hands full enough on the main forum without getting dragged down into policing the lunatics on the News Comments as well.

If you promise not to ban me I'll go give them what for... You could even make me a mod if you'd like?!

It needs a few educational posts from the likes of you, Stokie and Footers.

No point in people like me piling in.

I'll just insult everyone and get nowhere.

It needs some articulation.

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:51 - Jun 20 with 2092 viewsSpruceMoose

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:49 - Jun 20 by jeera

It needs a few educational posts from the likes of you, Stokie and Footers.

No point in people like me piling in.

I'll just insult everyone and get nowhere.

Oh dear. I wish I'd read this before I posted...

Got a downvote already
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:52]

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:52 - Jun 20 with 2086 viewsSpruceMoose

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:49 - Jun 20 by bluebare

I guess you had it read to you?

Why would you guess that? That wasn't very kind.

And anyway, aren't you the one who had to watch a TV adaptation of a young adults novel?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:56]

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 20:00 - Jun 20 with 2061 viewsjeera

Ex-Blue McGoldrick Instigated Players Taking a Knee on 19:51 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Oh dear. I wish I'd read this before I posted...

Got a downvote already
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 19:52]

It needs a few educational posts from the likes of Stokie and Footers.

No point in people like me or you piling in.

We'll just insult everyone and get nowhere.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024