Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done 10:39 - Jun 1 with 3147 viewsDecageBruce

Hi, I am interested in whether people have sent their children back to school today or not.

Both of my young boys where due to go back to childminder/preschool and primary school but we have decided to keep them away. We spoke to the school who contacted us and they appeared to be quite relieved due to the extra pressure the new guidelines was going to put on them.

My wife has been in seclusion for 10 weeks now and our thoughts are based on a few small factors. Firstly I will say that I am not 'scared' of the virus or the way that the schools will be treating it. I believe that possibly introducing it to schools may increase tolerances and assist immune systems against it.

However, our kids and I have not seen parents/Grandparents since the beginning of this lockdown (as others haven't) and the last thing that we want is for one of our kids and our household to have to be quarantined and set this possible meeting time back even further. A good friend of ours works at an old peoples home where 4 workers tested positive last week and she has to send her daughter in for her to be able to work. She is struggling with this knowing that potentially she could pick it up and pass it to her daughter before any positive test results are received. I appreciate that Gparents could visit in the garden from today but (the choice of the grandparents) is that they won't visit as they think it will make it harder to see the boys but not be able to hold/play/be natural with them.

It has been a long thought process for both of us and our children aren't missing out academically. I am revelling in the extra time with them at this age as I usually work away a lot and this has given us time that we wouldn't usually get.

I am genuinely interested in what other parents and grandparents are doing about school and seeing wider family under the new guideline
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 10:50]
Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 16:04 - Jun 2 with 450 viewshoppy

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 14:52 - Jun 2 by flimflam

One of mine goes back Thursday 4 days a week.

Gonna struggle to fit 4 days in this week if only starting on Thursday...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 16:29 - Jun 2 with 438 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

My son is yr 8 so not going back yet!

I have MS so shielding since 6/3/20 really!

Thing is now the schools are going back most of his friends think it’s open ended holiday! He is getting calls from friends to come over the park , go out on bike, football in park?

We have said no which he accepts but pressure are mounting as this is day 2.

Going from being ultra sporty to almost a gamer (apart from schooling) is sad to see!
Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 16:52 - Jun 2 with 424 viewsvapour_trail

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 11:05 - Jun 1 by sparks

Seems fair. I remain baffled by the tunnel visioned insistence by the government that reception and year 1 return- when they are the least likely to be harmed educationally by being off, and the most likely to be unable to adhere to distancing rules.

Its bizarre- and I have yet to hear any explanation for it.

Purely economical I suspect, it’s harder to home schooling them and work, so get them back to school and a few more people moving their shoulder to the grind.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 17:06 - Jun 2 with 414 viewsCBBlue

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 16:29 - Jun 2 by BtreeBlueBlood

My son is yr 8 so not going back yet!

I have MS so shielding since 6/3/20 really!

Thing is now the schools are going back most of his friends think it’s open ended holiday! He is getting calls from friends to come over the park , go out on bike, football in park?

We have said no which he accepts but pressure are mounting as this is day 2.

Going from being ultra sporty to almost a gamer (apart from schooling) is sad to see!

Around here it's like it's the school holidays, huge groups of secondary school aged kids all hanging out together with zero social distancing, refusing to move when other folk need to get past and generally causing a nuisanse to others.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 20:41 - Jun 2 with 378 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Sending Kids Back to School - What have you done on 17:06 - Jun 2 by CBBlue

Around here it's like it's the school holidays, huge groups of secondary school aged kids all hanging out together with zero social distancing, refusing to move when other folk need to get past and generally causing a nuisanse to others.

Thoughtless! I think kids shouldn’t be out without parents at mo.Its too soon.
I’m looking at it , if there isn’t a spike in the next 2 weeks- then Covid19 is passing- hoping it doesn’t get a second season!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024