Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. 12:33 - Mar 30 with 2641 viewsCrump66

Due to the poor form and the injuries before and questions whether we would reach the playoffs would this be ideal mainly for us but not the rest of the teams and start fresh again in the new season
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 12:35 - Mar 30 with 2617 viewsHerbivore

No, the season needs to be concluded so we can bin Lambert off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 12:44 - Mar 30 with 2580 viewsBasuco

Even if we were top and 12 points clear, the season has to be voided, large numbers of people have lost or will lose their lives, football is not something that should continue in these circumstances.
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 12:49 - Mar 30 with 2562 viewsDurovigutum

Yes. Binning step 2 leagues down is horrid, but to also bin the cup finals has been an act of folly. Of all the things that are easy to complete and give people a sense of joy/returning normality this was it. A typical "old men in suits" decision....
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:08 - Mar 30 with 2518 viewsBluefish

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 12:35 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

This

Although that lovely genuine man that just simply gets it would obviously not let this situation mean his contract clauses couldn't be invoked and he would obviously walk away. No way would he argue over money or have the audacity to try and keep the job
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 13:10]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:12 - Mar 30 with 2501 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Been a terrible season, so in some respects no I wouldn't care.

However, I suspect should the season be null and voided, so would any break clause in Lamberts contract. Would easily be able to state that we were mathematically still capable of play-offs when season null and voided.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 13:13]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:14 - Mar 30 with 2484 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:08 - Mar 30 by Bluefish

This

Although that lovely genuine man that just simply gets it would obviously not let this situation mean his contract clauses couldn't be invoked and he would obviously walk away. No way would he argue over money or have the audacity to try and keep the job
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 13:10]

I don't think anyone would suggest he should walk away from a five year contract. Would be silly to suggest he should.

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:20 - Mar 30 with 2464 viewsMoriarty

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 12:35 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

yep.

If ME can pull the trigger on the cheap if we don’t make the playoffs, he won’t have that option if the season is void. I accept practitioners of English Law would be more qualified to opine, but that is my own humble view.

Edited.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 13:23]

fka omuircheartaigh

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:21 - Mar 30 with 2454 viewsBluefish

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:14 - Mar 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

I don't think anyone would suggest he should walk away from a five year contract. Would be silly to suggest he should.

A man of great principles that cares about the club and the fans so much? If he has a clause that says if he doesn't get us promoted he can be sacked for a small fee, you think he shouldn't agree to do so when it was clear we wouldn't go up?

That would cast great doubt on his selflessness and perhaps make it all look like PR stunts surely?

Login to get fewer ads

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 2449 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:20 - Mar 30 by Moriarty

yep.

If ME can pull the trigger on the cheap if we don’t make the playoffs, he won’t have that option if the season is void. I accept practitioners of English Law would be more qualified to opine, but that is my own humble view.

Edited.

I would suspect that it would be correct seemingly a logical view. Although would imagine it could be rolled to next year.

Like you say, English Law practitioners would be more adept to give the official verdict.

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:22 - Mar 30 with 2446 viewsBluefish

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:20 - Mar 30 by Moriarty

yep.

Edited.

How is that the opposite?

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:24 - Mar 30 with 2442 viewsMoriarty

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:22 - Mar 30 by Bluefish

How is that the opposite?

I’ve edited and corrected my error.

fka omuircheartaigh

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:24 - Mar 30 with 2441 viewsblueconscience

wouldn’t matter to us. Just a typical uninspiring mid to lower table season to remember.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:26 - Mar 30 with 2417 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:21 - Mar 30 by Bluefish

A man of great principles that cares about the club and the fans so much? If he has a clause that says if he doesn't get us promoted he can be sacked for a small fee, you think he shouldn't agree to do so when it was clear we wouldn't go up?

That would cast great doubt on his selflessness and perhaps make it all look like PR stunts surely?

But the truth of the matter is factually we were still capable. Don't think it would stand up in a court of law that 'we weren't playing well, so probably wouldn't have gone up'.

The facts are we still can.

I don't think it is PR stunts per say, having met him on a couple of occasions he is very nice man.

Don't think anyone should be fooled that this is still a paid job, I don't think you can honestly sit there and say you would walk away from thousands of pounds a week guaranteed for 5 years because you can't.

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:27 - Mar 30 with 2418 viewsPJH

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:24 - Mar 30 by blueconscience

wouldn’t matter to us. Just a typical uninspiring mid to lower table season to remember.

But this one was in a lower division than previously.

Think of the new grounds we have been to.
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:31 - Mar 30 with 2393 viewsMoriarty

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:22 - Mar 30 by TheTrueBlue1878

I would suspect that it would be correct seemingly a logical view. Although would imagine it could be rolled to next year.

Like you say, English Law practitioners would be more adept to give the official verdict.

It’s going to be interesting to see how everything pans out. A real challenge for everyone. I suppose it’s either void or everything in a hurry in June/July behind closed doors. What happens if this season is voided and next season’s start is delayed to January?

fka omuircheartaigh

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:33 - Mar 30 with 2381 viewsHerbivore

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 12:44 - Mar 30 by Basuco

Even if we were top and 12 points clear, the season has to be voided, large numbers of people have lost or will lose their lives, football is not something that should continue in these circumstances.

I don't think anyone is saying football should be played right now, but when it is safe to play again this season should be concluded.

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 2369 viewsblueconscience

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:27 - Mar 30 by PJH

But this one was in a lower division than previously.

Think of the new grounds we have been to.

True, you have to look for the positives.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:37 - Mar 30 with 2362 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:31 - Mar 30 by Moriarty

It’s going to be interesting to see how everything pans out. A real challenge for everyone. I suppose it’s either void or everything in a hurry in June/July behind closed doors. What happens if this season is voided and next season’s start is delayed to January?

I said from day dot, the longer this goes on, the more likely it will be null and voided. I think it becoming even increasingly likely, and then it really will be interesting.

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:53 - Mar 30 with 2293 viewsBlueNomad

Bin this season. There are bigger things to worry about. Start afresh in the autumn.
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:58 - Mar 30 with 2281 viewsBasuco

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:33 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone is saying football should be played right now, but when it is safe to play again this season should be concluded.

If the season cannot be resumed at some point in May with fans in grounds, then the season should be void.
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 14:04 - Mar 30 with 2259 viewsHerbivore

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 13:58 - Mar 30 by Basuco

If the season cannot be resumed at some point in May with fans in grounds, then the season should be void.

Why? That's rather a false deadline and it's unrealistic to think fans will be in grounds that soon.

Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 15:38 - Mar 30 with 2187 viewsVaughan8

For our sake, not really. However I personally think this season should fish whenever and the 20/21 season should be “creative”, or set it up to end for the winter World Cup in 2022.
Would anyone care if the EFL season was void,question for the town supporters. on 18:08 - Mar 30 with 2123 viewsmonty_radio

If the season is played out to a conclusion, then all the bottom six in the Championship look better placed to mount an instant challenge than we were, and generally stronger than the current top 7-8 in L1. The fact that there are no basket cases among the potentially relegated sides looks likely to make our task next season harder.

I realise that some relegated sides would not retain all their better players, but still.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024