Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally 18:34 - Mar 27 with 3616 viewsStokieBlue

According to a new Imperial study, if nothing at all was done about C-19 it would have resulted in 40,000,000 deaths globally this year:

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/196496/coronavirus-pandemic-could-have-caused-40

Given this do we now think it's time for some to stop pushing the following:

- It's no worse than the flu
- Lots of people die anyway, is this really worse than normal deaths
- The government are using this mild disease to take away civil liberties
- The mortality rate is low so it's not that bad

I am sure there are others than I've missed but it's been pretty awful from some on here lately.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:33 - Mar 28 with 414 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:04 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

I already did a few days ago, you twisted the meaning of all of them. You post things laced in meaning in a single sentence then when enough people call you out you say that wasn't what your post meant and attempt to change the meaning.

It's either you or everyone else on the board is who wrong. Once again something for you to ponder. If it's not your intention to play it down then you need to take a serious look at your posting style and perhaps amend it to be far, far clearer than it current is and then you'll not have any issues as your meaning will be clear.

The post of deaths in a normal year is a prime example of the above.

You keep saying it's a few people with agendas against you but I've read a number of posts from posters saying they like you and are a fan but you are acting awfully lately. Are they wrong as well? There are at least two in this thread alone!

SB

You say twisted, I say clearly justified them....you aren't the only one to make evidence fit pre formed narratives, it is what makes us human but not necessarily correct. ("Everyone else on the board" though....!! please.)

Regarding deaths...you may need to submit a complaint to sky news who in a considered feature last night pointed out that of the 20,000 deaths one model suggests, between 5,500 and 8,000 of these would be people that would not have died within 3 months anyway. This doesn't belittle these deaths and as I have stated before other metrics may provide a better picture of the pressure systems are under.(They may still be running it today....haven't looked)

Some have agendas, most don't...but yes their interpretation of where I stand on some points is incorrect from what I can tell.

I still believe that restrictions and testing should have been implemented sooner fwiw.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:35 - Mar 28 with 410 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:18 - Mar 28 by BrixtonBlue

It's been my interpretation too, sadly, and you and I normally see eye-to-eye politically.

Lucky it isn't about politics then.

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:37 - Mar 28 with 404 viewsNewcyBlue

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:33 - Mar 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

You say twisted, I say clearly justified them....you aren't the only one to make evidence fit pre formed narratives, it is what makes us human but not necessarily correct. ("Everyone else on the board" though....!! please.)

Regarding deaths...you may need to submit a complaint to sky news who in a considered feature last night pointed out that of the 20,000 deaths one model suggests, between 5,500 and 8,000 of these would be people that would not have died within 3 months anyway. This doesn't belittle these deaths and as I have stated before other metrics may provide a better picture of the pressure systems are under.(They may still be running it today....haven't looked)

Some have agendas, most don't...but yes their interpretation of where I stand on some points is incorrect from what I can tell.

I still believe that restrictions and testing should have been implemented sooner fwiw.

“Would have died within 3 months anyway”

This is the issue my friend. They will be hurried off this mortal coil due to COVID. The underlying health condition just makes them a much higher risk.

Any death from this is too high a price, but then we haven’t covered ourselves in glory when it came to our behaviour during the initial stages of the lockdown. (I don’t specifically mean you and I, I mean us as a people).

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:41 - Mar 28 with 386 viewsPinewoodblue

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:37 - Mar 28 by NewcyBlue

This is the issue my friend. They will be hurried off this mortal coil due to COVID. The underlying health condition just makes them a much higher risk.

Any death from this is too high a price, but then we haven’t covered ourselves in glory when it came to our behaviour during the initial stages of the lockdown. (I don’t specifically mean you and I, I mean us as a people).

Covid-19 thrives on human error and incompetence.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:42 - Mar 28 with 382 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:37 - Mar 28 by NewcyBlue

Can't disagree with any of that.....and a horrible death too.

I am done with going around in circles now you will be pleased to know, even if it does mean losing the internet!

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:43 - Mar 28 with 372 viewsNewcyBlue

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:41 - Mar 28 by Pinewoodblue

Covid-19 thrives on human error and incompetence.

Sounds like some of the seafarers that I know!

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:44 - Mar 28 with 371 viewsNewcyBlue

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:42 - Mar 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can't disagree with any of that.....and a horrible death too.

I am done with going around in circles now you will be pleased to know, even if it does mean losing the internet!

Fair enough mate. Cheers.

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:46 - Mar 28 with 359 viewsBrixtonBlue

New Imperial study on the scale of C-19 globally on 09:35 - Mar 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lucky it isn't about politics then.

What are you trying to say then, in simple terms? What point are you trying to make? I haven't read everything you've posted on this so I may have missed something. If you could sum up your position in your reply to this it would be a great help.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024