Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with 16:35 - Mar 22 with 982 viewsJ2BLUE

Sitting Bull/Crazy Horse in the west etc then I highly recommend 'Robert Redford's The West' which is available on demand. Eight one-hour long episodes. I'm half way through and really enjoying it so trying to ration the other episodes over a couple of days.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 16:45 - Mar 22 with 958 viewsLeaky

Love the history channel. However recently having spent a month in Papworth Hospital watched most of it.Awaiting new programmes coming on stream
History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 16:49 - Mar 22 with 944 viewsMullet

Danielle Bolleli's podcasts on the Lakota are superb too if you like this period and want an unbiased and honest view.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 16:52 - Mar 22 with 940 viewsPJH

Thanks for that I have just started to download first episode.

I still have all episodes of "The Civil War" documentary by Ken Burns that was on PBS about four or five years ago-I watched all 9 episodes at about an hour and a half each but still have them in the planner on the TV.
History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:21 - Mar 22 with 911 viewsfactual_blue

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 16:52 - Mar 22 by PJH

Thanks for that I have just started to download first episode.

I still have all episodes of "The Civil War" documentary by Ken Burns that was on PBS about four or five years ago-I watched all 9 episodes at about an hour and a half each but still have them in the planner on the TV.

That's a great series - I think it's on Amazon Prime or Netflix, so I may watch it during my 12 week of borisolation.

Burns' Vietnam series is excellent too, and pushing up towards the top of my reading list is Max Hastings' history of the Vietnam War. I picked up a pristine hardback copy for £2 from a NT second-hand bookshop,

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:31 - Mar 22 with 903 viewswitchdoctor

Redfords effort is ok but Ken Burns’s series, of the same name, is a far superior offering...just like everything of his I’ve ever watched..man’s a genius...

edit..it’s sometimes titled Ken Burns presents..The West
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 17:34]
History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:38 - Mar 22 with 876 viewsRadlett_blue

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:31 - Mar 22 by witchdoctor

Redfords effort is ok but Ken Burns’s series, of the same name, is a far superior offering...just like everything of his I’ve ever watched..man’s a genius...

edit..it’s sometimes titled Ken Burns presents..The West
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 17:34]

I have watched Ken Burns's "The West" and also his Civil War boxed set. Both excellent.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:47 - Mar 22 with 862 viewswitchdoctor

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:38 - Mar 22 by Radlett_blue

I have watched Ken Burns's "The West" and also his Civil War boxed set. Both excellent.

Vietnam War for you next then mate?.
History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 18:13 - Mar 22 with 841 viewsRadlett_blue

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 17:47 - Mar 22 by witchdoctor

Vietnam War for you next then mate?.

done that one as well. Tried Ken Burns's country music set, but one episode unsurprisingly convinced me that I disliked C&W so much that I couldn't watch it, however much I like Ken Burns's work.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

History channel-If you are interested in the US civil war fall out/battle with on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 814 viewsGuthrum

If you're interested in Little Big Horn, this YouTube series (of a similar length) is a superb ground-level walkthrough of the day's events and locations. The scenery starts in part 9. Having watched it was very helpful when I actually visited the battlefield 18 months ago.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024