Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon 13:24 - Mar 22 with 2273 viewsLeaky

Tesco in Huntingdon has had to close its doors due to over crowding. Are we saying goodbye to Britain's finest generation & saying hello to its worst one. Is it time the government now starts thinking of rationing at least it would be fare shares for all.
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 13:38 - Mar 22 with 2207 viewsLord_Lucan

According to toilet roll hoarding Artsbossbeard Tesco at Copdock had to get the police in and tell new arrivals to come back in the afternoon.

Thick people in doing thick things shocker.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 13:40 - Mar 22 with 2194 viewsWestover

They don't need to just let one in as one comes out and not let anyone have more than two of the same items, and just 4 customers per I think it's 100 square metres of shop space, it's been working fine here in Portugal nothing in short supply so far.
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 13:51 - Mar 22 with 2136 viewsLord_Lucan

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 13:40 - Mar 22 by Westover

They don't need to just let one in as one comes out and not let anyone have more than two of the same items, and just 4 customers per I think it's 100 square metres of shop space, it's been working fine here in Portugal nothing in short supply so far.

My idea would be to chain up all those extra large trolleys and only allow the medium ones.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 13:59 - Mar 22 with 2112 viewsLeaky

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 13:51 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

My idea would be to chain up all those extra large trolleys and only allow the medium ones.

Have heard that suggested by quite a few people, would seem a good idea. However I think you will find couples using a small trolley each, so would then create a shortage of trolleys
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 2040 viewsEastTownBlue

When will this all end ? People were buying like it was Christmas last weekend, this weekend and throughout the whole week.

Where are they now storing all of this food ?
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:19 - Mar 22 with 1921 viewsbluelagos

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 14:17 - Mar 22 by EastTownBlue

When will this all end ? People were buying like it was Christmas last weekend, this weekend and throughout the whole week.

Where are they now storing all of this food ?

Only a few people are hoarding, and given the limits of 3 items thats all done now.

Next up is people making sure the cupboards are full, makes sense to me, and this will work its way through, as they can now top up as / when based on what they use.

So assuming the shelves keep on getting filled, any shortages should ease over time.

Bottom line is people are scared and this should ease as they realise the supply chains are still working.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:22 - Mar 22 with 1906 viewsjeera

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:19 - Mar 22 by bluelagos

Only a few people are hoarding, and given the limits of 3 items thats all done now.

Next up is people making sure the cupboards are full, makes sense to me, and this will work its way through, as they can now top up as / when based on what they use.

So assuming the shelves keep on getting filled, any shortages should ease over time.

Bottom line is people are scared and this should ease as they realise the supply chains are still working.

Based on what I heard yesterday, places like McDonalds drive throughs are far busier as people are reluctant to use what they have accumulated at home so are grabbing fast food instead.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:23 - Mar 22 with 1896 viewsLeaky

Panic doesn't help social distancing though. Felt safer in our local pub on Friday than I did in Tesco yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:27 - Mar 22 with 1882 viewsbluelagos

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:23 - Mar 22 by Leaky

Panic doesn't help social distancing though. Felt safer in our local pub on Friday than I did in Tesco yesterday.

Absolutely. Nor does mixed messaging. Govt spends a week advising us not to go to the pub, yet doesn't close them. Then after a week it closes them. Not really a suprise if many people don't feel like those in power are in control at the moment.

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 16:05 - Mar 22 with 1817 viewsWD19

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 15:22 - Mar 22 by jeera

Based on what I heard yesterday, places like McDonalds drive throughs are far busier as people are reluctant to use what they have accumulated at home so are grabbing fast food instead.

Touchscreens in the McDonald’s in town we’re doing a roaring trade yesterday....
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 16:12 - Mar 22 with 1789 viewsjeera

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 16:05 - Mar 22 by WD19

Touchscreens in the McDonald’s in town we’re doing a roaring trade yesterday....

You're probably not even joking are you.

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 16:17 - Mar 22 with 1785 viewsWD19

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 16:12 - Mar 22 by jeera

You're probably not even joking are you.

‘Fraid not....

But they were doing take away only, so it was OK......or something....
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:31 - Mar 22 with 1652 viewsstonojnr

we are at least 10 days into what Id call full on panic buying, but in fact the government issued dont panic buy advice 1hr after the first confirmed death in the UK, 5th March,when toilet roll and pasta was already beginning to disappear from shelves, so its been 3 weeks already with no signs of slowing down.

so what evidence,given the media are going down the "panic buying is intensifying" route, just google Tescos in Hull,Dudley or London today for pictures, do you have that people are now just keeping cupboards full and shortages will now ease ?

my guess is the lot that panic bought first of all, are now on there 3rd or 4th visits to stockpile,replace the stuff that went off, and apparently sales of freezers have also increased

my local Coop which for the past week has had no fresh fruit,veg, most meat, bread, pasta or toilet roll, can now add milk to the list of continued absences.
Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:40 - Mar 22 with 1619 viewsElderGrizzly

Repeated across the country. People are actual morons

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:41 - Mar 22 with 1618 viewsjeera

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:31 - Mar 22 by stonojnr

we are at least 10 days into what Id call full on panic buying, but in fact the government issued dont panic buy advice 1hr after the first confirmed death in the UK, 5th March,when toilet roll and pasta was already beginning to disappear from shelves, so its been 3 weeks already with no signs of slowing down.

so what evidence,given the media are going down the "panic buying is intensifying" route, just google Tescos in Hull,Dudley or London today for pictures, do you have that people are now just keeping cupboards full and shortages will now ease ?

my guess is the lot that panic bought first of all, are now on there 3rd or 4th visits to stockpile,replace the stuff that went off, and apparently sales of freezers have also increased

my local Coop which for the past week has had no fresh fruit,veg, most meat, bread, pasta or toilet roll, can now add milk to the list of continued absences.

The milk thing, and the sales of fresh fruit and veg is astonishing.

Ok, you can freeze semi- skimmed milk, but the fresh fruit and veg.

There's no way everyone buying that is carefully trimming, cutting, blanching and freezing.

I've seen the average punter and there is no chance that is happening all round.

Are these people who usually buy packets and tins, assuming the fresh stuff will last for weeks? What are they doing with it all?

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:44 - Mar 22 with 1607 viewsbluelagos

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:31 - Mar 22 by stonojnr

When it kicked off, hoarders were walking out of supermarkets with trolleys full of bog roll.

When I got some on Friday, you were limited to 3 packs of 4 rolls. So purchasing now is a max of 12 rolls v maybe 90 a week ago. The fact that we are limited on what we can buy is stopping hoarding. Accept people may still want to buy 90 rolls, but they can't.

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 09:31 - Mar 23 with 1340 viewsbritbiker

Tesco Closed in Huntingdon on 19:41 - Mar 22 by jeera

The milk thing, and the sales of fresh fruit and veg is astonishing.

Ok, you can freeze semi- skimmed milk, but the fresh fruit and veg.

There's no way everyone buying that is carefully trimming, cutting, blanching and freezing.

I've seen the average punter and there is no chance that is happening all round.

Are these people who usually buy packets and tins, assuming the fresh stuff will last for weeks? What are they doing with it all?

I know someone who bought 15 chicken breasts and left them in the fridge not realising they wont last as long as freezing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024