Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NOW SOLD OUT - Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online 22:24 - Mar 19 with 3243 viewsJ2BLUE

https://www.boots.com/nilaqua-little-hands-sanitiser-55ml-10232110#

NHS approved and kills 99.99% of bacteria apparently. Kids version available as well.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:40]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:29 - Mar 19 with 3212 viewsfooters

Let's just hope no one finds out about it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:31 - Mar 19 with 3200 viewsJ2BLUE

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:29 - Mar 19 by footers

Let's just hope no one finds out about it.

Just trying to do a public service for our TWTD brothers and sisters.

Truly impaired.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:32 - Mar 19 with 3191 viewsSwansea_Blue

Alcohol free?

hic.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:33 - Mar 19 with 3182 viewsfooters

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:31 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Just trying to do a public service for our TWTD brothers and sisters.

They'd sell you down the river in a second.

Bellum omnium contra omnes. Let the games begin.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:36 - Mar 19 with 3155 viewsJ2BLUE

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:33 - Mar 19 by footers

They'd sell you down the river in a second.

Bellum omnium contra omnes. Let the games begin.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

I refuse to believe it.

Truly impaired.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:37 - Mar 19 with 3150 viewsStokieBlue

It's a virus not bacteria and you need >60% alcohol for a hand santiser to be effective.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:40 - Mar 19 with 3142 viewsfooters

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:36 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Bellum omnium contra omnes

I refuse to believe it.

Thatcher instilled the strain, now let the virulent individualism play out.

BTW, if anyone wants pasta or toilet rolls I will barter at surprisingly unaffordable prices.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:43 - Mar 19 with 3121 viewsJ2BLUE

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:37 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

It's a virus not bacteria and you need >60% alcohol for a hand santiser to be effective.

SB

But it kills Norovirus?

I assumed as it was NHS approved it would kill viruses as well?

Anyway, even if it doesn't, my brother is autistic and obsessed with keeping his hands clean. He won't be going out and about so it's perfect for him to keep in his room.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:44 - Mar 19 with 3109 viewsStokieBlue

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:40 - Mar 19 by footers

Thatcher instilled the strain, now let the virulent individualism play out.

BTW, if anyone wants pasta or toilet rolls I will barter at surprisingly unaffordable prices.

This is you isn't it.

SB

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:47 - Mar 19 with 3078 viewsfooters

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:44 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

This is you isn't it.

SB

Only currently accepting ETH. Speaking of which...

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:10 - Mar 19 with 3004 viewsStokieBlue

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 22:43 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

But it kills Norovirus?

I assumed as it was NHS approved it would kill viruses as well?

Anyway, even if it doesn't, my brother is autistic and obsessed with keeping his hands clean. He won't be going out and about so it's perfect for him to keep in his room.

So I believe it kills norovirus because it has benzalkonium chloride in it. That has been shown to kill it but it has not been shown to kill coronaviruses.

The best option is soap and the next best is >60% alcohol sanitisers. They work by breaking down the fatty membrane of the virus and then it basically just falls apart. The actual process of lathering also helps with this simply through friction.

Your final paragraph is an excellent reason to buy it :).

SB

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:16 - Mar 19 with 2990 viewsJ2BLUE

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:10 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

So I believe it kills norovirus because it has benzalkonium chloride in it. That has been shown to kill it but it has not been shown to kill coronaviruses.

The best option is soap and the next best is >60% alcohol sanitisers. They work by breaking down the fatty membrane of the virus and then it basically just falls apart. The actual process of lathering also helps with this simply through friction.

Your final paragraph is an excellent reason to buy it :).

SB

Would the NHS use it when there are much cheaper alcohol based solutions they could use if it doesn't kill virsuses?

I found this online:

'Alcohol attacks and destroys the envelope protein that surrounds some viruses, including coronaviruses. This protein is vital for a virus’s survival and multiplication. But a hand sanitiser needs to be at least 60% alcohol in order to kill most viruses.

Hand sanitisers with less than 60% alcohol were also found to be less effective at killing bacteria and fungi and may only reduce the growth of germs rather than killing them outright. '

This stuff kills '99.9999% of bacteria'. It must be powerful stuff.

And finally, their online shop is so busy it has had to close. It would be quite unethical for them to keep selling masses of their products knowing they don't work against the virus 99% of people are buying the product for.

I won't take any chances and i'll continue to look out for some alcohol based hand gel.

Truly impaired.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:18 - Mar 19 with 2984 viewsfooters

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:16 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Would the NHS use it when there are much cheaper alcohol based solutions they could use if it doesn't kill virsuses?

I found this online:

'Alcohol attacks and destroys the envelope protein that surrounds some viruses, including coronaviruses. This protein is vital for a virus’s survival and multiplication. But a hand sanitiser needs to be at least 60% alcohol in order to kill most viruses.

Hand sanitisers with less than 60% alcohol were also found to be less effective at killing bacteria and fungi and may only reduce the growth of germs rather than killing them outright. '

And finally, their online shop is so busy it has had to close. It would be quite unethical for them to keep selling masses of their products knowing they don't work against the virus 99% of people are buying the product for.

I won't take any chances and i'll continue to look out for some alcohol based hand gel.

Household bleach kills 99.9% of bacteria. It doesn't mean it kills the same % of viruses too. They're completely different.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:22 - Mar 19 with 2972 viewsJ2BLUE

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:18 - Mar 19 by footers

Household bleach kills 99.9% of bacteria. It doesn't mean it kills the same % of viruses too. They're completely different.

Good point.

However, their Twitter page is claiming it is effective against Coronavirus.

Truly impaired.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:29 - Mar 19 with 2960 viewsfooters

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:22 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Good point.

However, their Twitter page is claiming it is effective against Coronavirus.

Really?! They're in for a massive fecking lawsuit if that's the case!

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:36 - Mar 19 with 2943 viewsJ2BLUE

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:29 - Mar 19 by footers

Really?! They're in for a massive fecking lawsuit if that's the case!

They say the WHO hasn't updated their sanitiser advice since 2001. A couple of places found the main ingredient in their sanitiser was effective against Coronavirus. They actually said on Instagram that they couldn't say for sure but there was enough of the active ingredient to kill the Coronavirus.

Basically 'we can't prove it because there isn't a standard test but yes it does' is their stance.

Truly impaired.

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 00:14 - Mar 20 with 2903 viewsRyorry

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:18 - Mar 19 by footers

Some of us just want the antibacterial that we always used to use, but have been unable to get lately - nothing to do with Covid-19 but for things such as post 'picking up' after our dogs when out on walks etc. - so thanks J2!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 00:20 - Mar 20 with 2897 viewsRyorry

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:16 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I found this online:

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 08:19 - Mar 20 with 2759 viewsStokieBlue

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 23:36 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

They say the WHO hasn't updated their sanitiser advice since 2001. A couple of places found the main ingredient in their sanitiser was effective against Coronavirus. They actually said on Instagram that they couldn't say for sure but there was enough of the active ingredient to kill the Coronavirus.

Basically 'we can't prove it because there isn't a standard test but yes it does' is their stance.

That's outrageous.

As it stands, it doesn't qualify in any of the regards as something that can kill C-19. It's total speculation and this isn't the time for that. They could be contributing to the outbreak as people using it will feel they are safer.

Maybe if you used it and rubbed your hands really hard friction might have a chance but it's not the sanitiser doing it.

SB

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 08:28 - Mar 20 with 2745 viewsWeWereZombies

OK, young man, I think you need to read this:

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/03/14/blue-ridge-poison-center-issues-reminder-dont-d

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Nilaqua Alcohol Free Sanitiser in stock boots online - KIDS VERSION ONLY NOW on 14:33 - Mar 20 with 2684 viewsEireannach_gorm

Just a point of information, bleach is effective at killing Covid19.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html

More detailed version.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/cleaning-disinfection.html
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024