Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school 17:48 - Mar 18 with 1377 viewshampstead_blue

Someone posted earlier, a teacher, that it would be sad if vulnerable children could not attend school.

So pleased to see that they are encouraged to attend.
Also key workers children as well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 17:50 - Mar 18 with 1354 viewssparks

Its going to be a difficult one to manage- and I can just imagine the job the headteachers are going to have working out and negotiating which teacher gets to come in and babysit kids.

But it seems the least worst option.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 17:57 - Mar 18 with 1307 viewshype313

Also for large numbers it's the only opportunity for them to have a hot meal.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 18:02 - Mar 18 with 1272 viewsmonytowbray

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 17:57 - Mar 18 by hype313

Also for large numbers it's the only opportunity for them to have a hot meal.

Which for the 5th largest economy in the world is an embarrassment in itself.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 18:10 - Mar 18 with 1262 viewsPlums

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 17:50 - Mar 18 by sparks

Its going to be a difficult one to manage- and I can just imagine the job the headteachers are going to have working out and negotiating which teacher gets to come in and babysit kids.

But it seems the least worst option.

Not to mention “my dad’s a doctor, why are you here?” “My dad’s a bank robber, he’s inside”

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 18:17 - Mar 18 with 1243 viewsm14_blue

Presumably teacher’s kids will also be included?
Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 18:23 - Mar 18 with 1236 viewsBloomBlue

On the flip side closing schools will probably increase the death total now as child can carry the virus but fortunately not impacted, however many of them will be looked after by their grandparents who in many cases will be in the age bracket where the deaths are occurring, difficult decision and a catch22
Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 19:12 - Mar 18 with 1195 viewssoupytwist

No school holidays either - schools are expected to open during what would be the Easter break so that the key workers won't need to take time off to look after them. So, less structured learning environment and more glorified baby sitting.
Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 19:29 - Mar 18 with 1150 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 19:12 - Mar 18 by soupytwist

No school holidays either - schools are expected to open during what would be the Easter break so that the key workers won't need to take time off to look after them. So, less structured learning environment and more glorified baby sitting.

Certainly going to be very interesting how the practical details play out.

I am not sure anyone has even begun to think them through yet.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 21:31 - Mar 18 with 1074 viewsEly_Blue

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 18:02 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

Which for the 5th largest economy in the world is an embarrassment in itself.

It happens in even the largest economy in the world, we are no different, give yourself a day off once in a while

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 21:55 - Mar 18 with 1034 viewsWicklowBlue

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 19:12 - Mar 18 by soupytwist

Would expect school closures will continue past Easter break depending on spread per country. I expect just that to happen here in Ireland.

We had another 74 cases announced tonight which is bucking the 30% trend we were told to expect. However it is just one data point and we are ramping up testing massively. So expect things to grow exponentially in the coming days, the country was primed for 1500 case by end of March.
Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 21:58 - Mar 18 with 1023 viewsmonytowbray

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 21:31 - Mar 18 by Ely_Blue

It happens in even the largest economy in the world, we are no different, give yourself a day off once in a while

You’re posting and defending some very weird stuff lately.

“It happens elsewhere” doesn’t make it okay. You can’t rally for people to come together in a time of crisis whilst posting stuff like this.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 22:45 - Mar 18 with 976 viewsEly_Blue

Vulnerable children encouraged to stay in school on 21:58 - Mar 18 by monytowbray

You’re posting and defending some very weird stuff lately.

“It happens elsewhere” doesn’t make it okay. You can’t rally for people to come together in a time of crisis whilst posting stuff like this.

I didn’t say it made it ok but I was making the point that we are not the only large country where this is commonplace, unlike you who were doing your best Piers Morgan flappy sensationalism making it seem like we were the only country in the top economies where this was prevalent

As for the rallying for people to come together your constant digs at the establishment are tiresome now and are just making even normally sensible people come to loathe you and get fed up with your pure oppositional behaviour and negativity towards everything
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 22:48]

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024