Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some expert knowledge on Covid 12:40 - Mar 16 with 3053 viewshampstead_blue

Well worth a read.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 12:42 - Mar 16 with 2422 viewsNewcyBlue

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 12:45 - Mar 16 with 2382 viewshampstead_blue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 12:42 - Mar 16 by NewcyBlue

He is also an Army expert on these matters. If you read the rest of his thread you will see the training and actual work he's done in the field on these matters.

It's not a 'this is the law' post, it's written by someone who knows the subject.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 12:46 - Mar 16 with 2376 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure about any of that to be honest. Comparisons to the Spanish Flu are nearly pointless given different vectors, incubation periods, r0 and mortality rate. They also don't factor in improvements in modelling and medicine.

There was also a rather large war going on during the Spanish flu outbreak.

You just like it because it's a military person who is supporting your view.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:08 - Mar 16 with 2264 viewsNewcyBlue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 12:45 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

He is also an Army expert on these matters. If you read the rest of his thread you will see the training and actual work he's done in the field on these matters.

It's not a 'this is the law' post, it's written by someone who knows the subject.

He says he has “an answer”.

Many people have many different answers.

He also doesn’t claim to be an expert. I don’t doubt he has more knowledge, but I won’t assume that he has the answer. I would say he has an informed opinion.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:15 - Mar 16 with 2235 viewsHerbivore

He's not an expert in respect of this matter. I think you need to amend the thread title. The guy admits his lack of expertise in the first post.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:29 - Mar 16 with 2190 viewsfooters

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:15 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

He's not an expert in respect of this matter. I think you need to amend the thread title. The guy admits his lack of expertise in the first post.

I liked the 'Your inner monologue. Keep it to yourself' given his whole thread is doing just that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:30 - Mar 16 with 2189 viewsmonytowbray

Most of the worry I see stems from the fact the NHS won't cope with this approach. The right way isn't so much about controlling the virus but controlling the impact it has on the recovery figures.

Your thread glossed over that. You don't have a great track record of taking on any knowledge that counters your emotional hunch so it's ironic you'd share this.

Not to mention I want this information from the Government, not some bloke on Twitter with a hunch based on a pandemic 100 years ago when the world was no where near as connected as it is now.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:36 - Mar 16 with 2132 viewshampstead_blue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:30 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Most of the worry I see stems from the fact the NHS won't cope with this approach. The right way isn't so much about controlling the virus but controlling the impact it has on the recovery figures.

Your thread glossed over that. You don't have a great track record of taking on any knowledge that counters your emotional hunch so it's ironic you'd share this.

Not to mention I want this information from the Government, not some bloke on Twitter with a hunch based on a pandemic 100 years ago when the world was no where near as connected as it is now.

You're talking cr@p about how I see other's views. Stop assuming as ask!

The context from the twitter feed is how to manage it. If you want to ignore someone who's been trained in this then crack-on. I tell you that it's the military and James and his peers who will be called upon if the balloon is flown.

Some here are just happy throwing the bricks of a pedant around. Forget the title and read the ruddy feed in the context and manner it's been presented.

Login to get fewer ads

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:39 - Mar 16 with 2109 viewsmonytowbray

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:36 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

The context from the twitter feed is how to manage it. If you want to ignore someone who's been trained in this then crack-on. I tell you that it's the military and James and his peers who will be called upon if the balloon is flown.

Some here are just happy throwing the bricks of a pedant around. Forget the title and read the ruddy feed in the context and manner it's been presented.

Yes, scientists from versed nations far deeper into the crisis appealing we reconsider or reap deep consequences are all wrong because some army bloke on Twitter has a graph about the Spanish flu.

Nice of you to avoid the NHS point.

TWTD never forgets…

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:40 - Mar 16 with 2103 viewsHerbivore

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:36 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

I've read it. It's mostly waffle. He has minimal, and I mean minimal, relevant experience and is mainly just cheerleading for the government based on a graph from a pandemic 100 years ago. If anyone needs to pipe down it's him, he ought to have stopped pontificating after his very first post where he acknowledges a total lack of relevant expertise.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:42 - Mar 16 with 2087 viewsStokieBlue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:39 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Yes, scientists from versed nations far deeper into the crisis appealing we reconsider or reap deep consequences are all wrong because some army bloke on Twitter has a graph about the Spanish flu.

Nice of you to avoid the NHS point.

The US and France both have more cases than the UK and aren't in lockdown. One of the most ridiculous things I've seen today is from Spain - country is in lockdown with regards to bars and restaurants etc yet the metro is utterly rammed with people still going to work in offices. Crazy - it's not one thing or the other.

It's not as simple as you keep making out. Look at DK's posts with regards to the balancing that is trying to be done.

Once again though, it could be they have gotten it wrong. The insistence that it is wrong is what doesn't have evidence because nobody really knows at the moment.

SB
[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 13:44]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:44 - Mar 16 with 2073 viewsNewcyBlue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:30 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

It’s not a hunch based on something that happened 100 years ago.

The guy has knowledge and experience in the area of planning for a pandemic.

I say the guy has an informed opinion.

The answers aren’t out there, because the answers aren’t available.

The government is giving you information as they see fit.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:55 - Mar 16 with 1991 viewsmonytowbray

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:44 - Mar 16 by NewcyBlue

It’s not a hunch based on something that happened 100 years ago.

The guy has knowledge and experience in the area of planning for a pandemic.

I say the guy has an informed opinion.

The answers aren’t out there, because the answers aren’t available.

The government is giving you information as they see fit.

Sort of like Brexit then...

TWTD never forgets…

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:59 - Mar 16 with 1964 viewsgordon

That certainly isn't expert knowledge.
Some expert knowledge on Covid on 14:16 - Mar 16 with 1884 viewsHerbivore

In fact, Hammers, is the tweeter in the OP actually you? He shows the same lack of self awareness and keenness to present himself as an impartial expert when that clearly isn't the case (on either count).

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 14:51 - Mar 16 with 1771 viewshampstead_blue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 14:16 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

In fact, Hammers, is the tweeter in the OP actually you? He shows the same lack of self awareness and keenness to present himself as an impartial expert when that clearly isn't the case (on either count).

You are some prime prig you know.

"I was on the staff at Porton Down, working on a host of projects including planning for military aid to civil authorities, incl pandemics." I'd wager he is perfectly well placed to offer support to the Gov line.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 14:54 - Mar 16 with 1757 viewsHerbivore

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 14:51 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

You are some prime prig you know.

"I was on the staff at Porton Down, working on a host of projects including planning for military aid to civil authorities, incl pandemics." I'd wager he is perfectly well placed to offer support to the Gov line.

Of course you are.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 15:03 - Mar 16 with 1698 viewslongtimefan

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 13:55 - Mar 16 by monytowbray

Sort of like Brexit then...

Not really. The government let the population decide on Brexit and the people came up with the wrong answer!
Some expert knowledge on Covid on 15:19 - Mar 16 with 1632 viewsBrixtonBlue

Am I missing something? I read what he posted and all I learnt was the jobs he used to do. I didn't learn anything about Covid-19.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 15:46 - Mar 16 with 1586 viewsHerbivore

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 15:19 - Mar 16 by BrixtonBlue

Am I missing something? I read what he posted and all I learnt was the jobs he used to do. I didn't learn anything about Covid-19.

No, you've not missed anything. The thread is basically him saying I'm not an expert but I used to work for the army and I agree with the government and the rest of you should stop moaning. It's Hammy basically.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 16:46 - Mar 16 with 1495 viewsBrixtonBlue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 15:46 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

No, you've not missed anything. The thread is basically him saying I'm not an expert but I used to work for the army and I agree with the government and the rest of you should stop moaning. It's Hammy basically.

How odd.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 16:49 - Mar 16 with 1490 viewsgordon

"I'm by no means an expert, but my squad on Football Manager was hit by influenza recently..."
Some expert knowledge on Covid on 17:43 - Mar 16 with 1447 viewshampstead_blue

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 15:19 - Mar 16 by BrixtonBlue

Correct, well kind of but the context isn't quite what he means and I agree with.

His point is that we should follow the Gov line and ignore prigs on Celeb TV.

Jim's credentials are stated to give credibility to his point. I know him and he is so far away from some of the unkind comments made.

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 17:44 - Mar 16 with 1445 viewsmonytowbray

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 17:43 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

Correct, well kind of but the context isn't quite what he means and I agree with.

Jim's credentials are stated to give credibility to his point. I know him and he is so far away from some of the unkind comments made.

The government line is currently in real time utterly contradicting this post though.

Have you sussed out you can't trust the Tories yet? Please say yes?

TWTD never forgets…

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 17:45 - Mar 16 with 1438 viewsfooters

Some expert knowledge on Covid on 17:43 - Mar 16 by hampstead_blue

How well do you know him?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024