Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown 21:10 - Mar 15 with 998 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone got either of these or anything similar? I'm thinking they might be a great idea for the elderly facing lockdown, especially if they live alone.

Or maybe even a cheap Amazon Kindle Fire with the Skype app.

Anyone planning anything similar?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:06 - Mar 15 with 926 viewsjeera

My concern with the Fire is someone who's knocking on a bit might start ordering stuff from Amazon with not too much thought.

It's a bit too easy.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:09 - Mar 15 with 925 viewsJ2BLUE

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:06 - Mar 15 by jeera

My concern with the Fire is someone who's knocking on a bit might start ordering stuff from Amazon with not too much thought.

It's a bit too easy.

They don't need an Amazon log in as far as I know. Could just have the basic Skype app, web browser and try and delete all the other icons to make it as simple as possible.

Truly impaired.

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:11 - Mar 15 with 918 viewsjeera

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:09 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

They don't need an Amazon log in as far as I know. Could just have the basic Skype app, web browser and try and delete all the other icons to make it as simple as possible.

Fair enough.

I thought the thing had to be registered and linked up to the owner's actions as it were.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:12 - Mar 15 with 911 viewsJ2BLUE

Facebook Portal/Amazon Echo Show - Elderly in lockdown on 23:11 - Mar 15 by jeera

Fair enough.

I thought the thing had to be registered and linked up to the owner's actions as it were.

It might do but I don't think so.

You can tell how rarely I use my Kindle Fire! Glad i've got it now though.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024