Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
France closing down..... 19:31 - Mar 14 with 2649 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....how long is our shower going to adopt the blitz spirit for?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

France closing down..... on 19:47 - Mar 14 with 2084 viewsPecker

You were on here the other day telling everybody that everything was alright and we should carry on as normal ??????????
France closing down..... on 19:55 - Mar 14 with 2054 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

France closing down..... on 19:47 - Mar 14 by Pecker

You were on here the other day telling everybody that everything was alright and we should carry on as normal ??????????

Was I ...... care to say where?

France closing down..... on 20:02 - Mar 14 with 2035 viewsPecker

France closing down..... on 19:55 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Was I ...... care to say where?

Really ??????? The amount of back tracking some on here do is amazing. If say you never, then you never.
France closing down..... on 20:07 - Mar 14 with 2013 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

France closing down..... on 20:02 - Mar 14 by Pecker

Really ??????? The amount of back tracking some on here do is amazing. If say you never, then you never.

If you want to check the 2 early threads I started were on the 7th.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 20:09]

France closing down..... on 20:14 - Mar 14 with 1985 viewsPecker

France closing down..... on 20:07 - Mar 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

If you want to check the 2 early threads I started were on the 7th.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 20:09]

Honestly, if say you never, then say you never. My mistake of course.
France closing down..... on 20:15 - Mar 14 with 1981 viewsBloomBlue

What's to say our approach won't work?
France closing down..... on 20:24 - Mar 14 with 1937 viewsmonytowbray

France closing down..... on 20:15 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

This is the stupid bull headishness the Brits are known for that got us Brexit.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

France closing down..... on 20:32 - Mar 14 with 1914 viewsPecker

France closing down..... on 20:24 - Mar 14 by monytowbray

This is the stupid bull headishness the Brits are known for that got us Brexit.

Wow.
Login to get fewer ads

France closing down..... on 20:35 - Mar 14 with 1906 viewsallezlesbleus

Only essential shops are allowed to open in France, such as food shops, chemists, banks and petrol stations.....plus tobacconists - wtf?

Having not smoked for around 30 odd years, can anyone advise if it reduces or increases the frequency that you need to shiote? If this bog roll famine really kicks in I am going to need to take some desperate measures.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 20:42]
France closing down..... on 20:39 - Mar 14 with 1892 viewsGuthrum

The fact herd immunity may not be technically possible with Covid-19.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

France closing down..... on 20:59 - Mar 14 with 1819 viewsFootballpete

France closing down..... on 20:35 - Mar 14 by allezlesbleus

Only essential shops are allowed to open in France, such as food shops, chemists, banks and petrol stations.....plus tobacconists - wtf?

Having not smoked for around 30 odd years, can anyone advise if it reduces or increases the frequency that you need to shiote? If this bog roll famine really kicks in I am going to need to take some desperate measures.

If I need a dump a bit, I tend to need one a lot after a ciggie. Has the same effect as coffee.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

France closing down..... on 21:03 - Mar 14 with 1803 viewsallezlesbleus

France closing down..... on 20:59 - Mar 14 by Footballpete

If I need a dump a bit, I tend to need one a lot after a ciggie. Has the same effect as coffee.

Thanks for the heads up. I won't take up smoking then!
France closing down..... on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 1794 viewsBloomBlue

France closing down..... on 20:35 - Mar 14 by allezlesbleus

When France introduced no smoking areas I was in Paris on a very cold Jan evening went into a restaurant a lot of smoke in the air and asked for a table for 2 non smoking the waiter took us outside and pointed to one of two tables on the pavement. It did make us laugh their non smoking was outside, smoking inside.
France closing down..... on 21:07 - Mar 14 with 1781 viewsTrequartista

229 scientists from UK Universities. Consensus isn't proof though, we wait and see which experts are correct. The only lesson so far is whether it be a scientist, professor or football manager, ALWAYS question experts.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

France closing down..... on 21:11 - Mar 14 with 1756 viewslongtimefan

France closing down..... on 21:07 - Mar 14 by Trequartista

229 scientists from UK Universities. Consensus isn't proof though, we wait and see which experts are correct. The only lesson so far is whether it be a scientist, professor or football manager, ALWAYS question experts.

“229 scientists from UK Universities. Consensus isn't proof though, we wait and see which experts are correct.”

Are you suggesting there are less than 458 scientists in the country?
France closing down..... on 21:11 - Mar 14 with 1755 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good advice in theory, but it’s impossible to properly question the government when the won’t release the data they’re basing their approach on.

Poll today saying only 30 odd percent trusted the government on this.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 21:11]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

France closing down..... on 21:13 - Mar 14 with 1745 viewsChurchman

What’s to say France’s approach will work? The French people are not exactly noted for doing what they are told by government and I note that the gilet jaune protesters defied the ban on mass gatherings and enjoyed their usual Saturday protest today.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 22:08]
France closing down..... on 21:14 - Mar 14 with 1739 viewsallezlesbleus

France closing down..... on 21:05 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

When France introduced no smoking areas I was in Paris on a very cold Jan evening went into a restaurant a lot of smoke in the air and asked for a table for 2 non smoking the waiter took us outside and pointed to one of two tables on the pavement. It did make us laugh their non smoking was outside, smoking inside.

Yep, that is so French!

I know of several bars in France where they still allow smoking, once the "general trade" has vacated. I know that this happens in the UK, but when caught the landlord does get a hefty fine.
France closing down..... on 21:15 - Mar 14 with 1739 viewsBloomBlue

And loads of scientists are saying it will as are top health people in the NHS.

But I keep asking this question and also heard someone on the radio ask the same 'how will you know if an approach failed or not?' and no one has an answer.

You can nat run two options in parallel, comparing countries doesnt work, people will die whatever approach we adopt, is this a death score situation ie if we go beyond 300 deaths the approach failed?
France closing down..... on 21:17 - Mar 14 with 1729 viewsPecker

France closing down..... on 21:05 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

The Wife and I were in Spain about 10 years ago and went into a restaurant. I ask for a non smoking table for 2. They showed us to our table and we both started laughing. There was a partition about a foot above the top of the table they offered us. it was the divide between smokers and non smokers. We left.
France closing down..... on 21:26 - Mar 14 with 1699 viewsSwansea_Blue

France closing down..... on 21:15 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

And loads of scientists are saying it will as are top health people in the NHS.

But I keep asking this question and also heard someone on the radio ask the same 'how will you know if an approach failed or not?' and no one has an answer.

You can nat run two options in parallel, comparing countries doesnt work, people will die whatever approach we adopt, is this a death score situation ie if we go beyond 300 deaths the approach failed?

Every cloud..... by Swansea_Blue 14 Mar 2020 14:33
There’ll be a huge global dataset, probably the biggest ever for a virus, that will be available for those people who know how to analyse it. They’ll do whatever people do when analysing data - play around with various statistical tools to identify patterns and interpret them using their skills and expertise. That should show that some approaches were more effective than others.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

France closing down..... on 21:33 - Mar 14 with 1671 viewsBloomBlue

France closing down..... on 21:26 - Mar 14 by Swansea_Blue

Every cloud..... by Swansea_Blue 14 Mar 2020 14:33
There’ll be a huge global dataset, probably the biggest ever for a virus, that will be available for those people who know how to analyse it. They’ll do whatever people do when analysing data - play around with various statistical tools to identify patterns and interpret them using their skills and expertise. That should show that some approaches were more effective than others.

Well I can tell you the answer now, 50% will say option A and 50% option B.
Same as all the experts now who cannot agree what's the correct approach.

I agree with the prof on the bbc earlier who said people have to understand there isnt a correct way to attack this, because we dont know enough about it
France closing down..... on 21:54 - Mar 14 with 1613 viewsPecker

France closing down..... on 21:33 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

I agree with the prof on the bbc earlier who said people have to understand there isnt a correct way to attack this, because we dont know enough about it

That is exactly it. Nobody knows for sure. We have to trust and hope for the best.
France closing down..... on 21:57 - Mar 14 with 1597 viewsmonytowbray

France closing down..... on 21:33 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

Well I’d say it’s more we’re in the small percentage of the world who thinks doing the opposite will work. God we are thick. Britain isn’t a magic dragon with rainbows for farts and a big sword that never loses FFS.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

France closing down..... on 22:02 - Mar 14 with 1577 viewsTrequartista

France closing down..... on 21:11 - Mar 14 by longtimefan

“229 scientists from UK Universities. Consensus isn't proof though, we wait and see which experts are correct.”

Are you suggesting there are less than 458 scientists in the country?

No. I didn't mean consensus in its literal sense, more a significant amount of agreement.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024